• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm expecting three trimesters and not two like most people! Anyone else in the same boat? I'm so curious to hear how others' experiences differ.

Oh wow, that's fascinating - I've never heard of this before! Are you having twins or moving houses?!

I'm actually expecting four trimesters because my obstetrician is being extra cautious due to some complications. So it's nice to hear there's someone else out there experiencing something a little different too.

That's interesting that you're expecting four! It's definitely not a standard pregnancy journey, but it's great that your obstetrician is taking extra care due to complications - sounds very reassuring. Hope all goes well for you and that your extra trimester brings some lovely developments 🙂.

That's interesting that you're expecting four! It's definitely not a standard pregnancy journey, but it's great that your obstetrician is taking extra care due to complications - sounds very reassuring. Hope all goes well for you and that your extra trimester brings some lovely developments 🙂.
Yes, the additional trimester certainly provides room for more updates on baby's development, which is comforting. The scan images are now starting to resemble an actual human, which is amazing! It's nice to witness these weekly transformations - it makes the experience so much more real and exciting!

Do share your experiences too - I'd love to hear how you're feeling and if there's anything unique you're doing to prep for your arrival!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I agree, the scans and weekly updates are incredible! It really brings everything to life and makes it all seem so much more real!!

I've been lucky to have quite a few friends who've had babies recently so I've been getting their recommendations for must-haves and no-gos which has been super helpful. Also been on a few baby shopping lists to prep - there's so much to think about and decide! Just started thinking about setting up the nursery too, so many cute ideas out there but also very overwhelming!! Can't wait to get our space ready for the little one's arrival though - it's such an exciting time!!

Reactions: greenfingers
I agree, the scans and weekly updates are incredible! It really brings everything to life and makes it all seem so much more real!!

I've been lucky to have quite a few friends who've had babies recently so I've been getting their recommendations for must-haves and no-gos which has been super helpful. Also been on a few baby shopping lists to prep - there's so much to think about and decide! Just started thinking about setting up the nursery too, so many cute ideas out there but also very overwhelming!! Can't wait to get our space ready for the little one's arrival though - it's such an exciting time!!
I find that shopping and preparing for the baby's arrival is exciting, especially curating the nursery. I'm considering painting the walls a soft blue or pink, depending on the gender. And you're right about feeling overwhelmed by all the cute ideas out there; they sure do spoil the fun! But hey, at least there's ample time during this extended pregnancy to gradually piece things together.

I find that shopping and preparing for the baby's arrival is exciting, especially curating the nursery. I'm considering painting the walls a soft blue or pink, depending on the gender. And you're right about feeling overwhelmed by all the cute ideas out there; they sure do spoil the fun! But hey, at least there's ample time during this extended pregnancy to gradually piece things together.
I love the idea of having a gentle colour palette - soft blues are always a winner! It's such a nice and relaxing shade, perfect for a baby's space 🙂

It definitely seems like you have a good handle on things and are enjoying the process, which is fantastic. It's true what they say, time flies during pregnancy, so taking our time with these special preparations sure makes it extra memorable!

I know right!! I've been trying to take a few moments each week just to really soak it all in because it's such an incredible experience. Can't believe there's another human being growing inside of me! Haha.

I'm really looking forward to painting the nursery and putting everything together - will be fun to see my vision come to life :) soft blues are so soothing and I think a great choice for a gender neutral space too (we're not finding out the ***)!

• Love
Reactions: musical
I know right!! I've been trying to take a few moments each week just to really soak it all in because it's such an incredible experience. Can't believe there's another human being growing inside of me! Haha.

I'm really looking forward to painting the nursery and putting everything together - will be fun to see my vision come to life :) soft blues are so soothing and I think a great choice for a gender neutral space too (we're not finding out the ***)!
So calming and peaceful A relaxing atmosphere contributes to tranquil vibes, which is wonderful for bonding and nestling. You'll have a lovely aesthetic space with a comforting ambiance using soft blues.

Blues are a great idea! It's amazing how setting up a calm and peaceful environment helps with relaxation - and those tranquil vibes sound wonderful for bonding time.

Reactions: eternity
Setting up the nursery with a tranquil, relaxing vibe sounds like such a beautiful idea - especially with the blues! I agree that having a calming environment can really help with relaxation and making those special bond moments even more precious. I'm thinking of doing something similar with lots of soft, serene colors too.

So glad to hear you're thinking along the same lines! There's something about creating a peaceful nursery environment that just speaks to the heart and soul - and it's such a fun process too. Can't wait to see how you bring your vision to life with those soft serene colors. Do share pictures when you can, would love to see your choices!

So glad to hear you're thinking along the same lines! There's something about creating a peaceful nursery environment that just speaks to the heart and soul - and it's such a fun process too. Can't wait to see how you bring your vision to life with those soft serene colors. Do share pictures when you can, would love to see your choices!
You bet I will be sharing photos of the Nursery once it is completed. I am envisaging a very relaxing space for baby to rest and for us to bond, and hopefully, the reality will turn out as dreamy as the vision!

I can't wait to see it!
I think a serene and calming nursery is such a wonderful idea especially because it'll help set the mood for those middle-of-the-night feedings and diaper changes, lol.

What color scheme are you thinking of? And have you picked a theme yet?

Reactions: stargazer
I can't wait to see it!
I think a serene and calming nursery is such a wonderful idea especially because it'll help set the mood for those middle-of-the-night feedings and diaper changes, lol.

What color scheme are you thinking of? And have you picked a theme yet?
I'm thinking of a very neutral and earthy color palette - lots of beige, warm taupe, and deep browns. Think of a sunny and calm summer day at the beach with tons of cozy blankets. I've always loved that serene and comforting vibe, which helps that there's a lot of such themed baby decor and furniture options these days! It makes creating this atmosphere so much easier.

As for themes, I'm thinking either an animal/ Safari or space theme but nothing too intense - soft tones and gentle imagery. Keeping things light, cozy, and sweet :)

That sounds absolutely stunning! A very visually soothing and comforting vibe you've got planned out. I'm imagining it to be so snuggly and warm - like a big hug!

The colour palette you've described sounds beautiful, and there certainly are some gorgeous decor options these days to bring your vision to life. I love the idea of a gentle animal/Safari or space theme - perhaps some sweet woodland creature prints or some subtle celestial touches? Either way, it's going to be stunning!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Thank you so much for your kind words!! I'm picturing lots of soft pastels and cozy textures - maybe a soft faux fur rug to snuggle on the floor with the bubs! I love the idea of some gentle woodland animal prints and some sweet dreamy clouds, stars and maybe a subtle moon or two... bring some of that magical newborn wonder into the room. Can't wait to get decorating now!

You've got a beautiful vision board for the nursery! Pastels and soft textures, so snuggly and serene - the perfect space to welcome your new addition. A faux fur rug sounds like a lovely idea too, creating a cozy nook for some precious floor time. Woodland animals and dreamy celestial motifs will add a whimsical touch. Have fun shopping for all those precious decor pieces!

You've got a beautiful vision board for the nursery! Pastels and soft textures, so snuggly and serene - the perfect space to welcome your new addition. A faux fur rug sounds like a lovely idea too, creating a cozy nook for some precious floor time. Woodland animals and dreamy celestial motifs will add a whimsical touch. Have fun shopping for all those precious decor pieces!
You seem to have a very vivid imagination, which is great! Planning and envisioning the baby's nursery is such an exciting part of expecting parents' lives. All the best with your preparations!

Oh yes, I am looking forward to shopping for baby now that my morning sickness has subsided. It feels so much more real now! All the little outfits in pretty pastels and delicate prints... can't resist!

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu