• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expecting Parents Share Pregnancy Stories

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, we're expecting! First-time parents here and I'd love to hear others' experiences - the good and the challenging - because every pregnancy is different and it's helpful to know what to prepare for! We're so excited but also a little nervous - this is such an incredible journey. How far along are you, what have been your symptoms/experiences so far, and what's your due date?

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
As first-time parents, it’s totally normal to feel nervous and excited at the same time - what a ride you’re about to embark on!

I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant, so entering the third trimester, which is such an exciting landmark! My symptoms have mainly been fatigue, nausea, and sore feet . I find keeping active and rested helps alleviate some of these. My due date is in mid-May, and the little one is very active these days - kicking up a storm which is such a cute feeling!

It's such an incredible time and I'm sure you’re doing a wonderful job preparing for your new arrival. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Congratulations! It sounds like you're doing a brilliant job despite the fatigue and soreness - those symptoms can be so challenging! It's wonderful that you're keeping active and prioritising rest too.

The third trimester is exciting - it's such a special time to feel those kicks and prepare for your little one's arrival. Wishing you continued good health and all the best as you head into the final stretch of your pregnancy!

Thank you so much for the kind words! You've been such a great support throughout my pregnancy, especially with all the advice and encouragement to stay active. It means a lot.

I'm trying my best to enjoy these final kicks and jiggles before our lives change forever - it's an exciting time Can't believe it's almost go-time!

pregnancy

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's such an exciting time - enjoy these moments and relish the kick starts! Not long now before the little one arrives - it's such a special period, savour it! Can't wait to hear your bundle of joy news!
Yeah, the excitement and anticipation are just so heartwarming! I'm glad that you're enjoying every moment; it'll all be worth it once the baby is here!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
It's such an exciting time - enjoy these moments and relish the kick starts! Not long now before the little one arrives - it's such a special period, savour it! Can't wait to hear your bundle of joy news!
It is an exhilarating period for expecting parents. Every flutter and kick is a precious reminder of the miracle to come. Before we know it, our lives will be turned upside down - but in the best way possible!

Yeah, the excitement and anticipation are just so heartwarming! I'm glad that you're enjoying every moment; it'll all be worth it once the baby is here!
it's like waiting for a special surprise and anticipating the unknown. The joy of discovering whether it's a little boy or girl, and all those adorable newborn snuggles - a magical time!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
It is an exhilarating period for expecting parents. Every flutter and kick is a precious reminder of the miracle to come. Before we know it, our lives will be turned upside down - but in the best way possible!
It's a super exciting time. The kicks and movements are such a sweet preview of the wonderful life change ahead!

Reactions: doctormama
it's like waiting for a special surprise and anticipating the unknown. The joy of discovering whether it's a little boy or girl, and all those adorable newborn snuggles - a magical time!
It sure is an exciting period of your life, filled with wonder and lots of possibilities! Thinking about how your life will change in ways you can only begin to imagine is truly exhilarating!

It sure is an exciting period of your life, filled with wonder and lots of possibilities! Thinking about how your life will change in ways you can only begin to imagine is truly exhilarating!
All those sleepless nights and diaper changes ahead notwithstanding, it's a wonderful feeling to experience life as an expecting parent. It's a unique thrill knowing you're creating a new human life, and preparing to welcome him/her into a loving home.

It's a very exciting time for expectant parents, a journey of unknowns and surprises! I recall the excitement and anticipation I felt during my pregnancy, it's a wonderful feeling to experience.

The sense of wonder and excitement is truly special and unique. It's akin to stepping into uncharted territory, as every pregnancy presents new experiences and challenges. The anticipation of what's to come keeps you on your toes and makes it all the more captivating!

It really is incredible how each pregnancy can vary so dramatically, even for the same parents! My partner and I are currently expecting our third child, yet we still go into every pregnancy with a sense of anticipation and excitement because of all the new experiences - you're absolutely right!

What really fascinates me is the way the personality of the baby seems to show itself so distinctly during the pregnancy. With each bump, we've had, there's a unique feel to it, almost as if the baby is telling us its character and giving us clues as to what kind of person they'll be! Of course, that might just be our imagination running wild, but it's such a lovely feeling nonetheless.

It keeps parenthood fresh and fascinating - like an exciting adventure each time!

Each pregnancy is a unique and exciting journey, and it's amazing how you can sense the baby's personality even before they're born. That's such a sweet interpretation - imagining the baby hinting at their character through the pregnancy experience. It's a wonderful way to stay captivated by parenthood and anticipate the arrival of your little one. Congrats on your third and thanks for sharing this lovely perspective!

Reactions: queenie
Each pregnancy is a unique and exciting journey, and it's amazing how you can sense the baby's personality even before they're born. That's such a sweet interpretation - imagining the baby hinting at their character through the pregnancy experience. It's a wonderful way to stay captivated by parenthood and anticipate the arrival of your little one. Congrats on your third and thanks for sharing this lovely perspective!
That's an insightful observation. I never thought of it that way, but it's true - every pregnancy is so distinct and gives clues about the baby's personality! Thanks for your congratulations, too.

That's an interesting take on feeling a baby's personality before birth; it makes those kicks and wiggles even more intriguing! Congrats on your bundle of joy!

Thank you so much! It is such an exciting time and yes, I do believe personality traits can be felt - especially now as she's more active and kicks consistently. It's a lovely sensation that connects you even more to your baby and I can't wait to meet this little one.

Thank you so much! It is such an exciting time and yes, I do believe personality traits can be felt - especially now as she's more active and kicks consistently. It's a lovely sensation that connects you even more to your baby and I can't wait to meet this little one.
I felt the same way during my last pregnancy; the kicks and movements were such an exciting and special bond shared between me and my little one. It's a unique experience to feel their personality traits! It makes each day an anticipated adventure.

I felt the same way during my last pregnancy; the kicks and movements were such an exciting and special bond shared between me and my little one. It's a unique experience to feel their personality traits! It makes each day an anticipated adventure.
The excitement of feeling those kicks and movements never gets old, doesn't it? Each day is a wonderful surprise.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu