• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expectant Mothers

Aromatherapy is amazing isn't it? I've been using it for years - not just during pregnancies but it's especially soothing and helpful then. I find citrus scents uplifting and refreshing, and they help with nausea too which is a nice bonus. I'm going to try lavender next - Insomnia has been hitting hard!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Citrus scents are wonderful - zesty and refreshing, and great for helping with nausea. Aromatherapy is a fantastic way to soothe and relax, especially with all the extra sensations and emotions during pregnancy. Lavender should help with sleep; its calming qualities should lend you some peaceful moments. Let me know how it goes!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
The power of aromatherapy is amazing, and using scents to help with different sensations during pregnancy is such a cool way to soothe yourself. I've heard great things about citrus scents - it's refreshing and the aroma is divine! And who doesn't want to be surrounded by lovely aromas when expecting??

I also love the suggestion of lavender for a calming effect - those peaceful moments are precious when you're pregnant! It's like creating an aromatherapy sanctuary, which is so therapeutic. Let's hope it helps lots of expectant mamas out there.

Citrus scents are uplifting and refreshing, especially during pregnancy when you need a boost of energy! Lavender is a great go-to option for a calming aroma that's soothing and relaxing. You can create your own little aromatherapy sanctuary at home with essential oils, or even some scented candles - a peaceful moment to yourself can make all the difference.

It's amazing how aromatherapy can enhance those precious moments and help relax expectant moms. I'm curious to know if anyone has used other scents for pregnancy too? Some women recommend jasmine which has a sweet, earthy scent - apparently it helps with mood enhancement, which is a wonderful bonus!

What are everyone's thoughts on these or any other aromas during this special time? It'd be lovely to hear more scent suggestions and how they helped calm or uplift you!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu