• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Meals

The enthusiasm for finding delectable treats is real! Enjoy your food adventures and have a lovely weekend yourself! 😊
You too enjoy the delights of this weekend. Cheers!

You too enjoy the delights of this weekend. Cheers!
There's just something special about the weekends that puts us in such a good mood, isn't it? Hope you have been having a fantastic one so far! Here's to enjoyable meals and delightful experiences on this sunny day!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
There's just something special about the weekends that puts us in such a good mood, isn't it? Hope you have been having a fantastic one so far! Here's to enjoyable meals and delightful experiences on this sunny day!
I agree. Weekends are a great time to relax and treat ourselves, which includes enjoying delicious meals at our leisure. I'm glad you asked, because I was about to go grab some snacks for my movie night in, as it happens that today is one of those rare occasions when my husband's schedule actually allows for a lazy weekend. So, here's to hope you're having a wonderful, tasty Saturday or Sunday wherever you are!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I agree. Weekends are a great time to relax and treat ourselves, which includes enjoying delicious meals at our leisure. I'm glad you asked, because I was about to go grab some snacks for my movie night in, as it happens that today is one of those rare occasions when my husband's schedule actually allows for a lazy weekend. So, here's to hope you're having a wonderful, tasty Saturday or Sunday wherever you are!
How lovely! Enjoy your movie night and have a great weekend too! May your snacks be delicious and your movies be enjoyable!

How lovely! Enjoy your movie night and have a great weekend too! May your snacks be delicious and your movies be enjoyable!
I appreciate the well wishes. Hope your evening is going fantastic, and here's to tasty snacks and great movies to keep the good mood rolling!

I appreciate the well wishes. Hope your evening is going fantastic, and here's to tasty snacks and great movies to keep the good mood rolling!
My evening is lovely, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
My evening is lovely, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week ahead!
Hope your Monday blues aren't too bad and that you're off to a good start this morning!

Hope your Monday blues aren't too bad and that you're off to a good start this morning!
The Monday blues aren't so bad when you had a relaxing weekend. Thank you, hope you're having a smooth Monday too!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
The Monday blues aren't so bad when you had a relaxing weekend. Thank you, hope you're having a smooth Monday too!
That sounds like a lovely past weekend filled with tasty treats and relaxation. Hope the week is kind to you and your weekdays go by quickly!

That sounds like a lovely past weekend filled with tasty treats and relaxation. Hope the week is kind to you and your weekdays go by quickly!
it was a wonderful weekend with delicious food and nice weather. Here's to hoping everyone has an efficient and productive week so we can all relax again during the weekends! 🙂

Reactions: wellness
What's your go-to meal when you're dining alone? Something quick and easy or do you take the opportunity to indulge in something more intricate and time-consuming, knowing full well it'll only be you enjoying the fruits of your culinary labor?

I tend to keep things simple when it's just me; a nice steak, some roasted veggies, and a glass of wine. But there are also times when I'll go all out with a complex, multi-step recipe. Sometimes it's relaxing to get lost in the zone of chopping, blending, searing... especially if the end result is something incredibly decadent like a coq au vin or chicken tikka masala.

What are some of your favorite solo dinner dates and what dishes do you find most enjoyable to prepare when it's just you for dinner?

Reactions: cissy and mamamia
What's your go-to meal when you're dining alone? Something quick and easy or do you take the opportunity to indulge in something more intricate and time-consuming, knowing full well it'll only be you enjoying the fruits of your culinary labor?

I tend to keep things simple when it's just me; a nice steak, some roasted veggies, and a glass of wine. But there are also times when I'll go all out with a complex, multi-step recipe. Sometimes it's relaxing to get lost in the zone of chopping, blending, searing... especially if the end result is something incredibly decadent like a coq au vin or chicken tikka masala.

What are some of your favorite solo dinner dates and what dishes do you find most enjoyable to prepare when it's just you for dinner?
When I'm eating alone, my usual go-to meal would be baked salmon with simple seasonal vegetables on the side. It is healthy, tasty, and easy to prepare. Not much skill is required, and it does not take much time, too.

However, there are days when I would feel a little extravagant, and those are the times that I would whip out my special recipe for Beef Wellington. It's an oldie in my personal recipe collection, modified over years of experimenting, and it never fails to make me feel fancy while dining alone.

The process is somewhat elaborate and time-consuming - not so much in actual cooking but in preparing the ingredients and ensuring that everything is executed just right. But that's half the fun of it, especially when I'm in no rush to eat; slowly savoring each step of the cooking process, knowing full well the delicious outcome awaiting me at the end.

It's a wonderful, rich dish that makes me appreciate the little luxuries in life. And if there's any leftover beef fillet or pastry, I'll usually just freeze them and repurpose them for another meal later - a quick and delicious dinner the next day!

Reactions: sportytina

When dining alone, I usually opt for meals that require minimal effort but give maximum satisfaction - a fail-proof, tasty dish that doesn't require too much work or fancy ingredients. My go-to is probably instant ramen with loads of veggies. It's easy to prepare, comforting, and feels like a warm hug in a bowl.

I also enjoy frying up a crispy cheese omelet with some onions and bell peppers and having it with toast. It's simple but hits the spot every time. When I'm feeling a little extra, I'll make a pasty or quiche and pair it with a side salad - creamy, crunchy, and refreshing.

For me, the occasional indulgent, solo cooking session is more about enjoying the process than the food itself, so I might experiment with recipes that require more time and precision, like sukiyaki or a slow-cooked ragu. These usually involve a lot of chopping and tend to be more worthwhile when prepared in larger quantities.

It's nice to hear about everyone's solo dinner preferences!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu