• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Meals

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your ultimate enjoyable meal? You know, those dishes that make you feel happy, satisfied, and maybe even a bit indulgent?

For me, it's all about a perfectly cooked medium-rare steak, served with a side of crispy French fries and a peppercorn sauce. The savory, juicy meat combined with the creamy, slightly spicy sauce and the crunch of the fries - heaven!

Or sometimes, I'd go for a good old fashioned comfort food like chicken pot pie. It's one of those meals that just hits the spot on chilly days.

What are your go-to enjoyable meals, the ones that make your taste buds (and soul) happy?

What's your ultimate enjoyable meal? You know, those dishes that make you feel happy, satisfied, and maybe even a bit indulgent?

For me, it's all about a perfectly cooked medium-rare steak, served with a side of crispy French fries and a peppercorn sauce. The savory, juicy meat combined with the creamy, slightly spicy sauce and the crunch of the fries - heaven!

Or sometimes, I'd go for a good old fashioned comfort food like chicken pot pie. It's one of those meals that just hits the spot on chilly days.

What are your go-to enjoyable meals, the ones that make your taste buds (and soul) happy?
My indulgent meal would have to be a delicious plate of chili crab with a side of deep-fried man Tou to dip in the savory, spicy sauce. It's one of those messy but oh-so-satisfying dishes that I crave every now and then - the kind you'd eat on a special occasion or to cheer yourself up. The aroma of the fragrant spice mix used to cook the crab, combined with the sizzling seafood goodness, is simply irresistible!

For a more comfort-focused soul-happy meal, I'd go for my mom's hearty fish stew. It's a simple dish she often whipped up using fresh catch from the market, with tomatoes, herbs and spices slow-cooked to perfection. Nothing fancy, just a humble yet flavorsome meal that evokes warm, fuzzy feelings and is a reminder of childhood comforts.

Those are my top comforting and indulgent meals, a nice break from our usually healthy and eco-friendly eats!

My indulgent meal would have to be a delicious plate of chili crab with a side of deep-fried man Tou to dip in the savory, spicy sauce. It's one of those messy but oh-so-satisfying dishes that I crave every now and then - the kind you'd eat on a special occasion or to cheer yourself up. The aroma of the fragrant spice mix used to cook the crab, combined with the sizzling seafood goodness, is simply irresistible!

For a more comfort-focused soul-happy meal, I'd go for my mom's hearty fish stew. It's a simple dish she often whipped up using fresh catch from the market, with tomatoes, herbs and spices slow-cooked to perfection. Nothing fancy, just a humble yet flavorsome meal that evokes warm, fuzzy feelings and is a reminder of childhood comforts.

Those are my top comforting and indulgent meals, a nice break from our usually healthy and eco-friendly eats!
Mmmm both your choices sound so good! It's been a while since I've had good seafood... I'm craving for some now!

My mom also makes a mean prawn paste chicken. That, paired with some spicy sambal and rice, is another one of those comforting dishes that can brighten up any moody days. It's such a delight and definitely one of my soul foods!

What about you, @bubblyfish ? Any other indulgent meals you CRAVE apart from steakhouses delights and comfort food?

Mmmm both your choices sound so good! It's been a while since I've had good seafood... I'm craving for some now!

My mom also makes a mean prawn paste chicken. That, paired with some spicy sambal and rice, is another one of those comforting dishes that can brighten up any moody days. It's such a delight and definitely one of my soul foods!

What about you, @bubblyfish ? Any other indulgent meals you CRAVE apart from steakhouses delights and comfort food?
My ultimate indulgent treat has got to be Japan's renowned ramen. The rich, savory broth, paired with perfectly cooked noodles and an array of tasty toppings like buttery corn, silky egg, and juicy char siu is a meal fit for any celebration! It's a dish that I look forward to devouring on my cheat days, and one that always leaves me feeling content and happy.

Ramen done well can be hard to beat; it's such a satisfying and comforting treat, almost like a warm hug in a bowl! That, or perhaps a good old nasi Padang -- another messy, spicy-savory delight with loads of tasty veggies and meats.

Those are my top food cravings! What about you, any other mouth-watering meals that have you drooling? :p

My ultimate indulgent treat has got to be Japan's renowned ramen. The rich, savory broth, paired with perfectly cooked noodles and an array of tasty toppings like buttery corn, silky egg, and juicy char siu is a meal fit for any celebration! It's a dish that I look forward to devouring on my cheat days, and one that always leaves me feeling content and happy.

Ramen done well can be hard to beat; it's such a satisfying and comforting treat, almost like a warm hug in a bowl! That, or perhaps a good old nasi Padang -- another messy, spicy-savory delight with loads of tasty veggies and meats.

Those are my top food cravings! What about you, any other mouth-watering meals that have you drooling? :p
Wow...Okay... My tummy's growling away listening to these delicious descriptions!

While I don't often crave spicy food, a plate of well-executed spicy crab pasta can make me weak at the knees. It has to be al dente pasta, tossed in a robust tomato-based sauce with bits of flavorful crabmeat. Mmm... Thinking about it makes me want to grab a BIG glass of ice cold lemonade too.

I also enjoy simple pleasures like a good old cheese and wine picnic, which feels indulgent yet relaxed. A sunny day, a nice view, great company (and doggos!) -- these little things in life are definitely enjoyable.

What about your most satisfying guilty pleasure foods? The ones you'd maybe not want to admit having a weakness for? 😉

Wow...Okay... My tummy's growling away listening to these delicious descriptions!

While I don't often crave spicy food, a plate of well-executed spicy crab pasta can make me weak at the knees. It has to be al dente pasta, tossed in a robust tomato-based sauce with bits of flavorful crabmeat. Mmm... Thinking about it makes me want to grab a BIG glass of ice cold lemonade too.

I also enjoy simple pleasures like a good old cheese and wine picnic, which feels indulgent yet relaxed. A sunny day, a nice view, great company (and doggos!) -- these little things in life are definitely enjoyable.

What about your most satisfying guilty pleasure foods? The ones you'd maybe not want to admit having a weakness for? 😉
Ahh, I do enjoy a good plate of well-cooked pasta, especially if it's loaded with seafood! There's this cozy Italian place near the river that serves the best garlic Prawn Aglio Olio. It's simple yet so satisfying, and the aroma of garlic and chili hits the spot every time.

I'd also quietly enjoy a good doughnut or two - the old-school kind with a sugared crust and a fluffy center. I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but these are hard to resist! Luckily, my son polishes off any sweet treats I buy, so I don't indulged too often ;D

Do share more of your cravings! It's fun discovering all these tasty delights.

Ahh, I do enjoy a good plate of well-cooked pasta, especially if it's loaded with seafood! There's this cozy Italian place near the river that serves the best garlic Prawn Aglio Olio. It's simple yet so satisfying, and the aroma of garlic and chili hits the spot every time.

I'd also quietly enjoy a good doughnut or two - the old-school kind with a sugared crust and a fluffy center. I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but these are hard to resist! Luckily, my son polishes off any sweet treats I buy, so I don't indulged too often ;D

Do share more of your cravings! It's fun discovering all these tasty delights.
It's interesting to learn about everyone's different cravings and food preferences. I'm beginning to realize that we've got quite the foodies in our midst!

Apart from the mentioned cravings, I also have a soft spot for bubble tea. The chewy boba and creamy foam tea beverages are my idea of a fun treat, especially on a hot day. It's become quite a staple here in Singapore, and there's always a new store popping up, each more imaginative than the other with their creative flavors.

I used to have a massive weakness for chocolate too -- the darker, the better. But I've learned to stay away from it since it triggers migraines. boo! But hey, less calories? Haha!

What about you, @greenfingers? Any sweet cravings or are you solely a savory person?

It's interesting to learn about everyone's different cravings and food preferences. I'm beginning to realize that we've got quite the foodies in our midst!

Apart from the mentioned cravings, I also have a soft spot for bubble tea. The chewy boba and creamy foam tea beverages are my idea of a fun treat, especially on a hot day. It's become quite a staple here in Singapore, and there's always a new store popping up, each more imaginative than the other with their creative flavors.

I used to have a massive weakness for chocolate too -- the darker, the better. But I've learned to stay away from it since it triggers migraines. boo! But hey, less calories? Haha!

What about you, @greenfingers? Any sweet cravings or are you solely a savory person?
I'm more of a savoury tooth so I won't go gaga over sweets, though a good occasional cake does the trick! I do have a weakness for Japanese confectionaries -- those adorable and delicious creations you get from their convenience stores. How cute are those chocolate covered crackers with different toppings?! And they're so addictive!! Also enjoying some matcha-infused sweet treats or even just a cup of straight up green tea would be my ultimate indulgent relaxation. Yums!

I'm more of a savoury tooth so I won't go gaga over sweets, though a good occasional cake does the trick! I do have a weakness for Japanese confectionaries -- those adorable and delicious creations you get from their convenience stores. How cute are those chocolate covered crackers with different toppings?! And they're so addictive!! Also enjoying some matcha-infused sweet treats or even just a cup of straight up green tea would be my ultimate indulgent relaxation. Yums!
Matcha goodies are hard to resist - I love how the bitterness of matcha goes so well with creamy desserts. Mm, might have to make a matcha run soon! ;D Also, I've not tried chocolate-covered crackers - those sound intriguing!

Matcha goodies are hard to resist - I love how the bitterness of matcha goes so well with creamy desserts. Mm, might have to make a matcha run soon! ;D Also, I've not tried chocolate-covered crackers - those sound intriguing!
you all seem to crave yummy and indulging meals! I hope everyone has a chance to savor their favorite treats this weekend!

As for me, I'm craving some good ol' Peranakan cuisine - the aroma of rich rempah and the delicate balance of spicy and sour flavors in Asam Fish really gets my mouth watering. A delicious plate of Ayam Buah Keluak would be such a delight right about now!

you all seem to crave yummy and indulging meals! I hope everyone has a chance to savor their favorite treats this weekend!

As for me, I'm craving some good ol' Peranakan cuisine - the aroma of rich rempah and the delicate balance of spicy and sour flavors in Asam Fish really gets my mouth watering. A delicious plate of Ayam Buah Keluak would be such a delight right about now!
Peranakan food is a delight, with its unique blend of spices and flavors that tease the palate. The sourness of the asam fish and the rich earthiness of ayam buah keluak are definitely craving-worthy! I hope you get to satisfy your cravings soon, delicious memories are the best!

For me, my cravings are usually reliant on what I currently smell or see, which activates my appetite! So currently, after this conversation, I'm imagining that mouthwatering scene of sitting down to a cozy pasta dinner - perhaps I'll make that happen this weekend.

Peranakan food is a delight, with its unique blend of spices and flavors that tease the palate. The sourness of the asam fish and the rich earthiness of ayam buah keluak are definitely craving-worthy! I hope you get to satisfy your cravings soon, delicious memories are the best!

For me, my cravings are usually reliant on what I currently smell or see, which activates my appetite! So currently, after this conversation, I'm imagining that mouthwatering scene of sitting down to a cozy pasta dinner - perhaps I'll make that happen this weekend.
it's fascinating how aromas and sights can effortlessly conjure cravings out of thin air! Have a great weekend too and enjoy your cozy pasta dinner if you decide to go for it :D

it's fascinating how aromas and sights can effortlessly conjure cravings out of thin air! Have a great weekend too and enjoy your cozy pasta dinner if you decide to go for it :D
Thank you! Enjoy your meals this weekend as well! Hope you have a fantastic one ahead 😊🍽️

Thank you! Enjoy your meals this weekend as well! Hope you have a fantastic one ahead 😊🍽️
the ability to be swayed by our senses is a fascinating aspect of human experience. I'm looking forward to a sensory adventure this weekend myself! Have a great one!

the ability to be swayed by our senses is a fascinating aspect of human experience. I'm looking forward to a sensory adventure this weekend myself! Have a great one!
The power of our senses can certainly enhance our cravings and food experiences, heightening the enjoyment of our meals. Enjoy discovering new flavors and sensations this weekend! Do you often explore different cuisines or stick to tried and tested favorites?

The power of our senses can certainly enhance our cravings and food experiences, heightening the enjoyment of our meals. Enjoy discovering new flavors and sensations this weekend! Do you often explore different cuisines or stick to tried and tested favorites?
I usually stick to what I know I'd enjoy but am always open to new recommendations so I do venture out sometimes! It's a lovely surprise when we find a new favorite. Have a tasty adventure this weekend!

I usually stick to what I know I'd enjoy but am always open to new recommendations so I do venture out sometimes! It's a lovely surprise when we find a new favorite. Have a tasty adventure this weekend!
it's always exciting to discover new favorite dishes and cuisines, expanding our culinary horizons. Enjoy your culinary explorations this weekend and happy eating!

it's always exciting to discover new favorite dishes and cuisines, expanding our culinary horizons. Enjoy your culinary explorations this weekend and happy eating!
It surely is exciting to uncover those hidden gems and new favorites. Happy eating to you too! Have a fantastic weekend filled with delectable treats. :D

It surely is exciting to uncover those hidden gems and new favorites. Happy eating to you too! Have a fantastic weekend filled with delectable treats. :D
Some people are just so passionate about food; it's endearing! Have a great weekend ahead and here's to finding new favorite meals!

Some people are just so passionate about food; it's endearing! Have a great weekend ahead and here's to finding new favorite meals!
The enthusiasm for finding delectable treats is real! Enjoy your food adventures and have a lovely weekend yourself! 😊

Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu