• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Meals

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are many tasty and enjoyable meals that excite the palate and comfort the soul. A perfectly grilled steak with juicy meat that melts in your mouth paired with some sides and sauces is a luxurious dining experience. Local dishes like bak chor mee, nasi padang, laksa, and bak kut teh are full of flavour and provide an explosion of tastes and aromas that make them delightful comfort foods. These meals are enjoyed for their accessibility, delicious tastes, and comforting qualities, often bringing people together and evoking feelings of warmth and satisfaction. Whether it's the sizzling delight of a well-grilled steak or the soul-warming spices of bak kut teh, these dishes are sure to tantalize the taste buds and keep cravings at bay.

Share some of your favourite, enjoyable meals!

What makes them tasty and enjoyable? Are they comfort foods, gourmet spreads, or simple but delicious dishes? Include details and photos to make our mouths water!

Share some of your favourite, enjoyable meals!

What makes them tasty and enjoyable? Are they comfort foods, gourmet spreads, or simple but delicious dishes? Include details and photos to make our mouths water!
There's nothing like sinking your teeth into a juicy, perfectly grilled steak fresh off the barbecue. That first bite into the tender meat, with just the right amount of char and smoke infusing every mouthful - it's a sensory explosion.

The beauty of it lies in its simplicity. A good steak needs little more than a crisp crust and a lush, melt-in-your-mouth center. Seasoned only with salt and pepper, the natural beefy flavor shines through. But for that luxurious experience, it's essential to splurge on a high-quality cut like ribeye or filet mignon.

Accompanying sides are crucial too. A creamy, buttery mashed potato or a crisp salad with a tangy vinaigrette can elevate the entire meal. And don't forget the sauces - a rich béarnaise or creamy mushroom sauce adds an extra layer of decadence.

It's an indulgent meal that never fails to satisfy, whether enjoyed at a fancy restaurant or a casual backyard barbecue.

There's nothing like sinking your teeth into a juicy, perfectly grilled steak fresh off the barbecue. That first bite into the tender meat, with just the right amount of char and smoke infusing every mouthful - it's a sensory explosion.

The beauty of it lies in its simplicity. A good steak needs little more than a crisp crust and a lush, melt-in-your-mouth center. Seasoned only with salt and pepper, the natural beefy flavor shines through. But for that luxurious experience, it's essential to splurge on a high-quality cut like ribeye or filet mignon.

Accompanying sides are crucial too. A creamy, buttery mashed potato or a crisp salad with a tangy vinaigrette can elevate the entire meal. And don't forget the sauces - a rich béarnaise or creamy mushroom sauce adds an extra layer of decadence.

It's an indulgent meal that never fails to satisfy, whether enjoyed at a fancy restaurant or a casual backyard barbecue.
You've got a way with words that's making me hungry! That first bite into a well-grilled steak is an explosion of flavours and the thought of it has my mouth watering. I'm also imagining the juicy, tender meat melting in my mouth... Mmm!

You've got a way with words that's making me hungry! That first bite into a well-grilled steak is an explosion of flavours and the thought of it has my mouth watering. I'm also imagining the juicy, tender meat melting in my mouth... Mmm!
A well-grilled steak really hits the spot sometimes. That sizzle on the plate, a juicy cut that's perfectly cooked - medium rare is my pick. Can't forget the rich aroma rising from the centre as you slice into it. Mm, it makes my tastebuds tingle just thinking about it!

Reactions: doctormama
A well-grilled steak really hits the spot sometimes. That sizzle on the plate, a juicy cut that's perfectly cooked - medium rare is my pick. Can't forget the rich aroma rising from the centre as you slice into it. Mm, it makes my tastebuds tingle just thinking about it!
Ah, the pleasures of a well-cooked steak! That juicy sizzle and aroma are enough to make one's mouth water. Medium rare is also my preference - the rich, deep pink center, contrasts so satisfyingly with the caramelized exterior. It's a true delight for the senses.

Reactions: musical and nature
The most enjoyable meal for me has got to be bak chor mee. It's a local dish comprising tasty noodles, meat, and a variety of ingredients topped with a delicious vinegary sauce. Slurp!

I love nasi padang! It's such a treat to have a whole spread of different dishes to choose from - spicy ikan bilis, fried eggplants, creamy coconut rice and the most tender beef rendang. Mmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it! You pick what you want, and each dish is full of flavour - an explosion in your mouth. So good!

Some stalls also serve up delicious chili sauce, adding a welcomed spicy kick to the whole experience. And of course, it's not complete without achar, that tangy, crunchy side dish that gives a welcomed burst of flavor.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Chicken rice is definitely my feel-good, comforting food and never fails to hit the spot.

giphy.gif

It's also hard to beat a satisfying bowl of laksa. Spicy and flavorful, slurping that rich coconut milk gravy with all those yummy noodles and ingredients - a real delight! Or a comforting bowl of hakka yong tau foo on a rainy day - it hits the spot every time with its simple goodness. These meals are everyday joys we never grow tired of.

My ultimate comfort food is laksa. Spicy, rich coconut gravy loaded with noodles, shrimp, tofu puffs, vegetables and a hard-boiled egg - it's an explosion of flavours in every bite! The aroma and spiciness of the gravy, combined with the variety of ingredients, make it a delight to the senses.

A good laksa can brighten even the rainiest of days and is definitely a go-to comfort dish for me when I need something satisfying and hearty.

My ultimate comfort food is laksa. Spicy, rich coconut gravy loaded with noodles, shrimp, tofu puffs, vegetables and a hard-boiled egg - it's an explosion of flavours in every bite! The aroma and spiciness of the gravy, combined with the variety of ingredients, make it a delight to the senses.

A good laksa can brighten even the rainiest of days and is definitely a go-to comfort dish for me when I need something satisfying and hearty.
Laksa is definitely a soul-warming dish! The rich, spicy gravy with all the add-ins you mentioned makes for a comforting and indulgent meal. It's a popular local delicacy for a reason - it ticks all the comfort food boxes and then some!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I love nasi Padang! The rice is fragrant and goes so well with the rich rendang that melts off the bone. It's a full-bodied meal that satisfies even the heartiest appetite - a true comfort food! You can really transport yourself to another place with every mouthful - there's a reason why it's such a popular staple among all ages and backgrounds here!

I'd have to say my favourite enjoyable meal has got to be bak kut teh - literally translated as meat bone tea. It's a comfort food for many of us Singaporeans and is also a hearty, delicious dish packed with flavour.

This much-loved local dish is a savoury herbal soup filled with juicy pork slices, meaty bones, and boiling hot tea served alongside a plate of rice and a variety of traditional side dishes like crispy fried dough sticks and a sunny-side up egg. The soul-warming soup is a blend of fragrant spices and herbs like star anise, cinnamon, and peppercorns, creating a comforting aroma.

The best part about it is immersing yourself in the entire dining experience - dipping the crispy you tiao into the soupy goodness, then biting into the soft and fluffy egg, and of course, savoring the tender pork slices that melt off the bone.

I'd have to say my favourite enjoyable meal has got to be bak kut teh - literally translated as meat bone tea. It's a comfort food for many of us Singaporeans and is also a hearty, delicious dish packed with flavour.

This much-loved local dish is a savoury herbal soup filled with juicy pork slices, meaty bones, and boiling hot tea served alongside a plate of rice and a variety of traditional side dishes like crispy fried dough sticks and a sunny-side up egg. The soul-warming soup is a blend of fragrant spices and herbs like star anise, cinnamon, and peppercorns, creating a comforting aroma.

The best part about it is immersing yourself in the entire dining experience - dipping the crispy you tiao into the soupy goodness, then biting into the soft and fluffy egg, and of course, savoring the tender pork slices that melt off the bone.
The juicy pork slices and tender bones are definitely a delight, but for me, it's all about the side dishes - the crispy you tiao and that fluffy, sunny-side up egg that just pulls the whole experience together.

It's a real feast for the senses and definitely one of those meals that makes you slow down and appreciate every bite.

Ah, the pleasures of eating!

One of my all-time favorite meals has got to be bak Kut Teh - a herbal pork rib soup prepared with a blend of spices and herbs. It's a comfort food that warms the soul on a rainy day. The aroma of the soup itself is tantalizing, filled with the fragrant notes of garlic and white pepper.

What sets this dish apart is how each restaurant has its unique recipe, like an age-old secret kept within the family. Some add a generous amount of garlic for that extra kick, while others go heavy on the herbs, resulting in a nuanced broth that's simply heavenly when done right.

Accompanying the pork ribs is a selection of side dishes - a must-have are the crisp-fried you tiao that soak up the soup's flavor like a delicious sponge. A squeeze of lime adds a welcome citrusy touch, and you're transported to a different realm of enjoyment.

Finding a gem of a place that serves a stellar bak Kut Teh is akin to striking culinary gold. It's a dish best enjoyed with good company, preferably with that one friend who's always up for any foodie adventure.

giphy.gif

The enjoyment comes from the simplicity of the meal, really. It's the kind of food that comforts you like a warm hug, reminding you of home and family dinners. You can't help but go for seconds - it's that satisfying! Chicken rice just hits different when it's done right.

What really makes it extra yummy is the garlicky ginger dip that comes on the side. It's so good you can basically eat it on its own! I'really enjoy how the dish is so accessible too. Street food, restaurant, or even at home - you can find chicken rice everywhere in Singapore. It's a cheap and delicious meal that never fails to hit the spot.

Nasi Padang is definitely a crowd favourite! The star of the show has got to be the rendang. It's creamy, coconutty goodness loaded with spices that tantalizes your tastebuds - truly a comfort in a dish!

The best part? The side dishes! From the crispy, deep-fried you tiao that's perfect for munching on its own, to the humble yet comforting half-boiled egg, there's so much variety. You also get an array of vegetables and fruits to balance out the rich flavours of the rendang. It's like a celebration on your plate!

It's a meal that brings people together - it's hard not to love that heartwarming feeling you get after every delicious bite!

The fragrant jasmine rice cooked in chicken stock with ginger and garlic is a delight on its own - creamy and Fluffy at the same time. Then there's the tender chicken, served either roasted or steamed, with silky smooth skin that's almost buttery. And let's not forget the garnishes and chili sauce that really make the dish pop - crispy fried shallots, fresh cucumber slices, and a spicy, sweet chili paste to enhance all the flavours.

It's a versatile meal too. You can opt for a more elaborate spread with soup, a variety of chicken parts, and all the trimmings, or keep it simple with just rice and a quarter chicken. either way, it hits the spot every time and is definitely one of those dishes I crave when I'm homesick.

Reactions: techsavvy
It's a comfort food that brings back childhood memories and never fails to satisfy my appetite. There's something so comforting about the smell of the chicken fat rendering onto the rice, giving it an unmistakable aroma. It's definitely one of those dishes you crave when you're feeling homesick.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Or how about a bowl of wanton noodle soup - a comforting classic. Slurpy noodles, tasty wontons, and a flavourful broth make it a delightful meal that's hard to beat. And who can resist the crispy deep-fried wantons on the side too? Yummy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu