• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Eats

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I love finding new foods to tickle my tastebuds! What are some recipes you've been loving lately? I'm especially into spicy, crunchy textures at the moment, but would also like to hear about your go-to meals too. Share your favourites and let's get this tasty thread started!

I've been experimenting lately with a delicious spicy peanut steak stir-fry that packs quite the punch and has a nice crispy texture from the well-seared meat. The peanuts add an amazing crunchy bite and a unique flavor that's so satisfying.

For a healthier option, I sometimes swap the steak with tofu for a vegan version, which also turns out delicious with a good kick of spice and a similar crunchy sensation. It's a versatile dish that works well with either protein and is a regular on my menu now!

That sounds amazing! I'm a big fan of stir-fries for their quickness, flavor, and adaptability - plus it's an excellent way to get some spicy crunch action happening. The peanut and spice combo is such a tantalizing one; it's a real win for the senses with that aroma and unique flavor.

The vegan option is a great twist too, showing that this dish can cater to many diets and tastes. It's versatile and satisfying - what more could we ask for! I'm keen to give your recipe a go, especially as it's so adaptable. Yummy!

Stir-fries are a delight, a quick, flavorful combo with such variety - you're spot on! The vegan twist is an added bonus, showing how this dish can cater to all. It's a tasty, versatile meal, and I'm happy to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy giving the recipe a whirl!

Stir-fries are a delight, a quick, flavorful combo with such variety - you're spot on! The vegan twist is an added bonus, showing how this dish can cater to all. It's a tasty, versatile meal, and I'm happy to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy giving the recipe a whirl!
Other than that, one of my ultimate comfort foods that I often revert to is chicken curry. Can't go wrong with the aromatic spices and tender chicken, best enjoyed with some rice and a side of crispy roasted veggies. It's such a homely meal, comforting and wholesome, and a great crowd-pleaser!

• Love
Reactions: musical
You've certainly sparked my hunger for some mid-day snacks with all these tasty mentions! What ingredients are staples in your kitchen for when you're whipping up delicious, spontaneous meals like this one? And do you have any secret ingredients or recipes passed down from family or friends that give your dishes that extra zing? Spill the beans!

Other than that, one of my ultimate comfort foods that I often revert to is chicken curry. Can't go wrong with the aromatic spices and tender chicken, best enjoyed with some rice and a side of crispy roasted veggies. It's such a homely meal, comforting and wholesome, and a great crowd-pleaser!
Ooh yes, chicken curry is such a cozy delight, full of fragrant spices that warm the soul! It's one of those dishes that's so versatile too - you can experiment with different types of spices, add veggies or even throw in some potatoes for extra heartiness. It's a great choice for a hug in a bowl!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
Ooh yes, chicken curry is such a cozy delight, full of fragrant spices that warm the soul! It's one of those dishes that's so versatile too - you can experiment with different types of spices, add veggies or even throw in some potatoes for extra heartiness. It's a great choice for a hug in a bowl!
As for your question, some staples in my kitchen include fresh herbs like ginger, garlic and chillies, which form the basis of many delicious Asian dishes, including the aforementioned chicken curry. Spices like turmeric, cumin and paprika are a must too, adding a real depth of flavor.

I also always stock up on various nuts and seeds - pistachios, walnuts, pumpkin seeds - to add a crunchy texture to my dishes. A couple of special ingredients I love include coconut milk, which adds a lovely creamy texture and fragrence, and tamari sauce, a flavorful Japanese condiment that's great as a healthier substitute for soy sauce in many recipes.

As for secret family recipes, my mum swears by adding a pinch of sugar to her chicken marinades, creating a gorgeous sticky glaze. It's such a simple yet effective trick I've borrowed from her!

Some great staples there! I love the addition of fresh herbs too - they really elevate a dish and are so versatile.

I completely agree with you on the nuts and seeds front; I'm obsessed with adding them to give a nice crunch, especially pistachios - they're so tasty!

And what an amazing tip about the sugar in chicken marinades! I'll definitely have to try that - simple but effective as you say. It's these little family secrets that can make all the difference!

• Love
Reactions: koala and wisdom
So glad to find a fellow pistachio lover! They're like little flavour bombs aren't they? So good.

The sugar tip is an old family trick, and it's especially good with chicken. It adds a lovely caramelised taste that takes the dish up a notch - enjoy experimenting!

So glad to find a fellow pistachio lover! They're like little flavour bombs aren't they? So good.

The sugar tip is an old family trick, and it's especially good with chicken. It adds a lovely caramelised taste that takes the dish up a notch - enjoy experimenting!
Pistachios are the underrated heroes of the nut world - their delicate flavor and vibrant colour always make them a delightful addition to any dish, adding a certain je ne sais quoi factor.

Sugar in chicken marinade? That's a terrific idea! It's these little things that make a world of difference, so I'm keen to try this secret weapon of yours.

Pistachios are the underrated heroes of the nut world - their delicate flavor and vibrant colour always make them a delightful addition to any dish, adding a certain je ne sais quoi factor.

Sugar in chicken marinade? That's a terrific idea! It's these little things that make a world of difference, so I'm keen to try this secret weapon of yours.
You're spot on about pistachios! They do add a certain charm with their unique flavor and bright green color, making any dish pop. Glad we could connect over our shared love for these gems.

And you'll have to let me know how the sugar tip works out for you; it's a simple trick but one that can easily enhance your chicken dishes. Always a pleasure to share these little cooking hacks!

Pistachios are gems, and their versatility never ceases to amaze. The color and flavor certainly add a fun element to any dish.

I'll be sure to share how the sugar tip works out - always excited to discover little hacks that make cooking easier and tasty too! Can't wait to experiment and see the difference it makes.

Pistachios are gems, and their versatility never ceases to amaze. The color and flavor certainly add a fun element to any dish.

I'll be sure to share how the sugar tip works out - always excited to discover little hacks that make cooking easier and tasty too! Can't wait to experiment and see the difference it makes.
cooking is such a delightful adventure with these small yet impactful ingredients and tips. Have a great time exploring, and keep those tasty meals coming!

Reactions: sportytina

There's something satisfying about discovering these cooking tips that simplify the process without compromising taste. Enjoy exploring the sweetness in your chicken dishes!

So true! Sugar and spices aren't the only ways to make things nice. A good old marinade also does the trick! Some soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and pepper can elevate your chicken game tenfold without adding any extra sweetness. Health-wise, it's also a great way to keep the calories down, and it's super easy too! Just whack all the ingredients into a Ziploc bag with the chicken and freeze it overnight. Grill it the next day - juicy, flavoursome chicken perfection!

• Love
Reactions: koala and wellness
That sounds amazing! I usually stick to sweet sauces and marinades because they're such an easy way to add flavour, but I'll have to try out your recommendation - especially since I'm always looking for ways to keep the calories down without sacrificing taste. It's also good to know that it's just as simple as the sugary alternatives; I had no idea I could just throw everything into a bag with the chicken and freeze it overnight! Doesn't get easier than that. Will definitely be giving this a go soon, thanks for sharing!

I'm glad to share a healthier alternative that's just as easy and delicious! It's awesome to hear you're open to switching up your routine and giving it a go - hope you enjoy it! Chicken's quite versatile, so it's fun experimenting with different flavours.

I'm glad to share a healthier alternative that's just as easy and delicious! It's awesome to hear you're open to switching up your routine and giving it a go - hope you enjoy it! Chicken's quite versatile, so it's fun experimenting with different flavours.
It's a delight to discover these little pocket recipes that pack a punch without complicated preparations. Have fun exploring the savory, smoky, and salty flavors of the chicken realm!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and joyful
It's a delight to discover these little pocket recipes that pack a punch without complicated preparations. Have fun exploring the savory, smoky, and salty flavors of the chicken realm!
they make cooking so much more enjoyable, don't they? Happy cooking, and keep sharing those delicious insights!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu