• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Fun

That's wonderful to hear! My little one also adored cutting and pasting around that age - it's so great for their hand-eye coordination and spatial awareness. Sticker placement is a fantastic idea too, especially for working on those fine motor skills as you say. What other activities have you got up your sleeve to keep the little one entertained? I'm always looking for new ideas!

For keeping my toddler entertained, it's amazing what you can do with household objects! We recently went through a long phase of playing with different types of boxes and containers - threading them onto an empty paper towel roll kept her busy for hours! I also found that showing her how to fit different sized boxes inside one another was fun for her too.

She also really enjoys helping me in the kitchen. She's not quite old enough to do much actual cooking, but I got her some play dough and showed her how to use cookie cutters - she spends ages cutting out shapes! I think next we'll try making some salt dough ornaments together. And of course, letting her 'help' me with simple tasks like stirring batter or kneading dough keeps her engaged and gives her a sense that she's really contributing something useful.

best-fine-motor-activities-for-kids.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
What fab ideas! Household items are often overlooked but can keep little ones entertained for ages - it's amazing what they come up with! Kitchen time is a fave in our house too, my toddler loves mixing and making a mess . I'm going to try the box threading, that sounds like something he'd love. Salt dough and ornaments - so much fun! What a great, cheap, indoor activity for this rainy day season!

That's right! It's incredible how creative little ones can get with the simplest of household items. Kitchen time is always a win, and the box threading is a fantastic idea for developing those fine motor skills too.

The salt dough keeps them busy and is a fun, tactile experience. Then, they get to keep their creations - a lovely keepsake or a cute gift!

What other fun activities do you guys think are great for this age group?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu