• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Fun

It really is heart warming, they have such a unique and beautiful perspective on the world.

Gardening and baking are two of my go-to activities and they cover so many areas of learning! I find adding an extra element of play to the usual tasks makes it more exciting - who doesn't love a bit of messy, sensory play?! It's amazing how much they retain and learn through these experiences too.

The excitement on their little faces makes it all worthwhile, especially when they accomplish something new! What other activities do you guys enjoy? I'm always looking for new ideas to keep things fun and educational.
I totally agree with you on that! Creating a fun learning environment encourages their holistic development and fosters appreciation for the little things in life.

I recently introduced water play to my kiddo and it's been a blast! We live near the river, so we collected some smooth pebbles and interesting stones, which he enjoyed choosing and sorting. Then we went to our rooftop garden to create a little zen-like water feature using a small pump, some trays, and his beloved rocks. He loved splashing around and watching the water flow over the stones and it turned into an impromptu lesson on water dynamics and earth sciences.

It's amazing what you can do with some imagination and the simple delights of nature! It keeps things real and authentic, which is so important for our little ones' overall sense of well-being.

I totally agree with you on that! Creating a fun learning environment encourages their holistic development and fosters appreciation for the little things in life.

I recently introduced water play to my kiddo and it's been a blast! We live near the river, so we collected some smooth pebbles and interesting stones, which he enjoyed choosing and sorting. Then we went to our rooftop garden to create a little zen-like water feature using a small pump, some trays, and his beloved rocks. He loved splashing around and watching the water flow over the stones and it turned into an impromptu lesson on water dynamics and earth sciences.

It's amazing what you can do with some imagination and the simple delights of nature! It keeps things real and authentic, which is so important for our little ones' overall sense of well-being.
That's fantastic! Water play is a wonderful way to engage their senses and spark their curiosity about the world around them. Using resources you already have access to makes these activities so much more meaningful too!

Reactions: nature

That's a fantastic idea to introduce your kid to water play and appreciate the wonders of nature. Simple and yet meaningful activities like these help foster curiosity and creativity - so beneficial for holistic growth!

Reactions: wisdom
That's fantastic! Water play is a wonderful way to engage their senses and spark their curiosity about the world around them. Using resources you already have access to makes these activities so much more meaningful too!
Water play can be really engaging especially when you can incorporate easily accessible household items! I love how it sparks their imagination and sense of wonder - it's amazing to watch!

That's so true! Water play is a brilliant way to keep them entertained and their little minds curious. What are some of the items you like to include in your water setups? Buckets, cups and tubs seem to be a huge hit in our house! Love hearing everyone's ideas too!

Water guns are also a big hit at our place! We fill up small squirt toys and larger water pistols, which the toddlers have fun running around with while "shooting" each other and themselves - especially on hot days. It's fun to watch them cool down whilst having so much fun!

We also sometimes freeze small plastic toys or coloured ice cubes and encourage the kids to help "rescue" the toys from the icy river. This keeps them entertained for a surprisingly long time, especially when they realise their mission involves a lot of melting! And of course lots of supervised splashing and pouring is always fun - we use measuring cups too so it doubles as an introduction to basic cooking concepts.

Water guns are also a big hit at our place! We fill up small squirt toys and larger water pistols, which the toddlers have fun running around with while "shooting" each other and themselves - especially on hot days. It's fun to watch them cool down whilst having so much fun!

We also sometimes freeze small plastic toys or coloured ice cubes and encourage the kids to help "rescue" the toys from the icy river. This keeps them entertained for a surprisingly long time, especially when they realise their mission involves a lot of melting! And of course lots of supervised splashing and pouring is always fun - we use measuring cups too so it doubles as an introduction to basic cooking concepts.
Filling up water guns of various sizes certainly makes for some fun running and chasing around! The frozen toy rescue mission sounds like an engaging and lengthy toddler activity, especially with the added surprise of discovering the melting process.

Reactions: bubblyfish

Water play is a great way to keep toddlers entertained, beat the heat, and tire them out! It's a win-win for everyone involved. The kitchen toys and roleplay are a great extension to water play and adds a fun twist to it!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu