• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Fun

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Keep them entertained and their brains engaged! Share your ideas for fun toddler activities! We can never have too many tricks up our sleeves!

I'll go first! Today we're trying out a scavenger hunt with a twist! Instead of finding objects, my little one is on the hunt for different textures hidden around the house! I've got some soft fur, rough bark from the backyard, and even a bag of uncooked rice for that squishy feel. Can't wait to see his face when he finds them!

Keep them entertained and their brains engaged! Share your ideas for fun toddler activities! We can never have too many tricks up our sleeves!

I'll go first! Today we're trying out a scavenger hunt with a twist! Instead of finding objects, my little one is on the hunt for different textures hidden around the house! I've got some soft fur, rough bark from the backyard, and even a bag of uncooked rice for that squishy feel. Can't wait to see his face when he finds them!
That's an awesome idea! Tot's love a good sensory challenge. You could also hide some sticky bubble wrap for a fun pop surprise, or even some smooth pebbles/marbles for that cool, silky feel.

There's so many ways to engage our toddlers and keep their curious minds active! What other fun activities do you mommies have up your sleeves?

That's an awesome idea! Tot's love a good sensory challenge. You could also hide some sticky bubble wrap for a fun pop surprise, or even some smooth pebbles/marbles for that cool, silky feel.

There's so many ways to engage our toddlers and keep their curious minds active! What other fun activities do you mommies have up your sleeves?
That's a great addition! I'm sure the kids will love the bubble wrap - it's fun for all ages. 😁

I also like to keep tot-friendly instruments around for some impromptu music sessions. Some drums, maracas, and little guitars provide hours of fun, plus they're learning about rhythm and sound. We also do DIY paints using flour, water, and food coloring. It's a messy but fun art session that keeps them engaged and lets their creativity flow!

That's a great addition! I'm sure the kids will love the bubble wrap - it's fun for all ages. 😁

I also like to keep tot-friendly instruments around for some impromptu music sessions. Some drums, maracas, and little guitars provide hours of fun, plus they're learning about rhythm and sound. We also do DIY paints using flour, water, and food coloring. It's a messy but fun art session that keeps them engaged and lets their creativity flow!
Messy play is the best! Toddlers seem to love anything that's sticky, slimy or muddy - the sensory experience is invaluable for their development. And you could turn those DIY paints into a sensory activity by making different coloured batches and letting them mix them together too, encouraging some good ol' messery ;). What other mums have tot-approved messy activities to share?

My son loves playing with kinetic sand - it’s great for sensory play and you can get some awesome moulds and tools to use with it too! Also second the paints, especially the kind you can squirt into those little plastic paint pens, then they can paint themselves etc without needing loads of supervision. We also love anything with water! Filling up containers, sploshing about in the bath or paddling pool - simple but effective fun!

Reactions: bananarama
Kinetic sand is a lot of fun! My daughter loves the feels of it too and the satisfaction of the moulding and cutting, especially with some of the cooler molds. We also love our paddle pool and bath time for some easy and quick fun. Anything to keep them occupied while we attempt to juggle everything else haha.

Kinetic sand is amazing! My son loves the sensory experience and it's so easy to keep him entertained with it, especially as it doesn't make a mess like regular sand. Love the moulds and the satisfaction of cutting through it too - awesome fine motor skill practice!

Bath time is a winner in our house too - such an easy go-to when you need some quick fun and an energy outlet for them!

Kinetic sand is amazing! My son loves the sensory experience and it's so easy to keep him entertained with it, especially as it doesn't make a mess like regular sand. Love the moulds and the satisfaction of cutting through it too - awesome fine motor skill practice!

Bath time is a winner in our house too - such an easy go-to when you need some quick fun and an energy outlet for them!
Yeah, kinetic sand is a great invention! Less stressful than regular sand and a lot more enjoyable for indoor play. And yup, bath time is that reliable go-to, especially on hot days or when I need a bit of toddler occupation while I cook dinner.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Kinetic sand is a fantastic option for indoor play - it's like regular sand but much less messy! And yes, bath time seems to be a reliable way to keep toddlers entertained, especially on those hot summer days.

Sand is a great idea! We went through a kinetic sand phase and my little one loved it. We also added some beach toys which made it even more fun. Bath time is also a winner, especially with some bubbles and coloured bath bombs. A sure way to keep them entertained and cool during the heat!

Reactions: queenie
Sand and bath time are great go-to's for keeping little ones entertained! Love the idea of adding kinetic sand and beach toys to mix things up, especially if you've got a eager beachgoer on your hands. The tub is definitely a winning cool down spot during the heat too - bubbles and colour make it so much fun!

Kinetic sand is mesmerising - such a great texture and so much fun for little hands to mould! Adding some beach themed toys definitely makes for a fun preview of an upcoming holiday too. And yes, bubbles and colour make bath time a sensory dream! So many fun options to keep them engaged!

Sand is so much fun! I remember making a sand pit out of a big storage container for my daughter when she was young - it kept her entertained for hours, especially with all her bath toys! We would definitely make little sand castles and use her buckets and shovels from the beach too - such a great, cheap form of entertainment and the textures are awesome for sensory play. We also added some coloured salt to make it more interesting as well. Love the idea of adding in some mini beach toys for that extra holiday excitement! So fun!

Love all these great sandpit ideas! I think I'll add coloured salt to our pit too - such a simple, effective addition which would captivate toddlers. The texture, as you say, is fantastic sensory play and it's so affordable - win win!

Coloured salt is an awesome addition! It's amazing how something so simple can keep them entertained for hours - definitely a winner! And you're right about the sensory aspect too, it's such a great texture to play with and explore. Have fun setting up the pit, hope they love it! 😊🤗

Coloured salt is an awesome addition! It's amazing how something so simple can keep them entertained for hours - definitely a winner! And you're right about the sensory aspect too, it's such a great texture to play with and explore. Have fun setting up the pit, hope they love it! 😊🤗
So many great ideas shared! I'm glad you found some inspiration to keep your little one entertained. Hope all these suggestions work well for others here too!

Aww, thank you! 😊 Yes, sometimes it's the simplest ideas that are the most engaging. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

So many great ideas shared! I'm glad you found some inspiration to keep your little one entertained. Hope all these suggestions work well for others here too!
There's a wealth of great suggestions here - so much fun and simplicity when it comes to entertaining our little ones! It's nice to share these ideas and inspire each other as parents.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
There sure are some easy and fantastic ideas for toddler fun. I'm sure other parents would agree that a lot of these ideas would keep their little ones busy as well.

Aww, thank you! 😊 Yes, sometimes it's the simplest ideas that are the most engaging. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
Enjoying the sunny weekend, hope the good weather stays! You enjoy the rest of your weekend as well! 🎪🌞

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu