• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Activities

Cooking and baking are awesome ways to keep toddlers busy, learning, and excited! My kiddo loves helping measure ingredients and mix everything together. The best part is when they get to sample the final product - it's so fun to see their excitement!

It's also a great way to teach them about kitchen safety and hygiene - an important life skill! They learn that we don't touch hot things, wash our hands before handling food, etc.
Yes, that's true! All these little lessons are such precious learning points for them, and it's amazing how much they pick up when we least expect it. Who knew baking could be such a educational activity? (aside from teaching patience, ha!)

Do share your go-to toddler friendly recipes! I'm always on the lookout for new, fun activities.

Yes, that's true! All these little lessons are such precious learning points for them, and it's amazing how much they pick up when we least expect it. Who knew baking could be such a educational activity? (aside from teaching patience, ha!)

Do share your go-to toddler friendly recipes! I'm always on the lookout for new, fun activities.
My daughter loves cookie dough, and it's a great activity to practice numbers and measurements too. We also enjoy making fruit skewers - a simple but fun way to introduce different fruits. Toddler-friendly smoothie making is another hit in our house, with all the blending and pouring action, and of course, drinking the tasty treat afterwards!

I find that activities which involve some form of creativity and imagination are often a hit. I've also started letting her "paint" the fence outside with water, which is a fun sensory activity and keeps her entertained for quite awhile.

My daughter loves cookie dough, and it's a great activity to practice numbers and measurements too. We also enjoy making fruit skewers - a simple but fun way to introduce different fruits. Toddler-friendly smoothie making is another hit in our house, with all the blending and pouring action, and of course, drinking the tasty treat afterwards!

I find that activities which involve some form of creativity and imagination are often a hit. I've also started letting her "paint" the fence outside with water, which is a fun sensory activity and keeps her entertained for quite awhile.
Yes, anything that involves creating something new, especially with their little hands, seems to excite toddlers! The excitement of using real tools, albeit with kid-friendly designs, is always a giggle fest. As they grow a little older and gain better control of their fine motor skills, these art activities can really shine.

My personal favorite go-to toddler activity is letting them create their own "masterpiece" with different colors of playdough. Using cookie cutters of different shapes and encouraging them to make their own creations keeps them occupied for quite some time. And when they're old enough, you could introduce the classic rainbow spaghetti sensory play - it's a real mess but lots of fun!

Playdough is a fantastic idea and an easy win for little ones! I love the idea of using cookie cutters too - very educational and fun shapes activity. Messy play is the best, I'll definitely be trying out the rainbow spaghetti soon, thanks for the recommendation!

Playdough is a fantastic idea and an easy win for little ones! I love the idea of using cookie cutters too - very educational and fun shapes activity. Messy play is the best, I'll definitely be trying out the rainbow spaghetti soon, thanks for the recommendation!
Yes, it's wonderful how simple things can keep little ones entertained, especially with all the bright colors and sensory pleasure. It's like magic! And you get to bond and create fun memories together too - win-win situation really. Have a fun-filled day ahead and enjoy the little moments!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
It's so true, the simplest things really can provide the most entertainment and joy! It's a lovely way to appreciate the little wonders around us and create special memories :) Have a fantastic day too!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
So very true! Simple pleasures are often the best and most memorable - the world through a child's eyes is a wonderful place to revisit, it reminds us to appreciate the small things and find joy in them. Hope your day is full of wonder too!

So very true! Simple pleasures are often the best and most memorable - the world through a child's eyes is a wonderful place to revisit, it reminds us to appreciate the small things and find joy in them. Hope your day is full of wonder too!
Simple pleasures like these remind me why I chose to have kids - to see the world anew and appreciate all the little things that bring them joy. There's so much we can learn from them, and it's heartwarming to witness their delight over such simple wonders life has to offer. Hope your day is likewise fantastic!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's truly a gift when we let ourselves see the world through our children's eyes - all too often, we miss the simple joys because we're so focused on the stresses of adulthood! Soaking up these special moments and really being present with them is such a beautiful perspective shift. Hope you have a lovely day full of these precious moments too!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
It's truly a gift when we let ourselves see the world through our children's eyes - all too often, we miss the simple joys because we're so focused on the stresses of adulthood! Soaking up these special moments and really being present with them is such a beautiful perspective shift. Hope you have a lovely day full of these precious moments too!
That's so true! Being in the moment and seeing the world through our kids' eyes can be quite magical, it's like being in a whole new realm. We're fortunate to experience this shift in perspective - it's a precious gift to witness their wonder and joy up close. Here's to enjoying these little delights of parenthood!

It's like having a built-in adventure buddy who helps us slow down and appreciate the excitement all around us. Their wonder and curiosity fuels our own, making every experience richer and more meaningful. Here's to embracing these delightful moments and finding joy in the little things!

It's like having a built-in adventure buddy who helps us slow down and appreciate the excitement all around us. Their wonder and curiosity fuels our own, making every experience richer and more meaningful. Here's to embracing these delightful moments and finding joy in the little things!
Their sheer delight at discovering new things never fails to amaze and warm our hearts, reminding us of the beauty that awaits beyond the mundane. It's a blessing to witness this brand new fascinating world through their eyes. There's always something special about the simple pleasures money can't buy!

It's nice to have someone experience new things together and share in their excitement - especially when they discover something new. Their curiosity really is infectious!

Reactions: wellness
It's nice to have someone experience new things together and share in their excitement - especially when they discover something new. Their curiosity really is infectious!
Yes, having these little adventure buddies is like discovering new experiences twice over - once through their wide-eyed wonderment, then again as we watch their exploration. Their enthusiasm is truly catchy!

Yes, having these little adventure buddies is like discovering new experiences twice over - once through their wide-eyed wonderment, then again as we watch their exploration. Their enthusiasm is truly catchy!
Their excitement never fails to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside -- it's like the world becomes a more interesting and fascinating place again when seen through their eyes. There's always something new to discover when you have curious little ones around!

You're so right - it's heartwarming to experience the world through a toddler's sense of wonder! They have this unique ability to make everyday things feel extra special and exciting. When my little one points out something new that she notices, it's like seeing the world through fresh eyes and appreciating the simplicity of it all. From discovering interesting textures at the park to finding fascinating shapes while grocery shopping - there's always something new to explore together!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and sunnydays
It's truly special to witness their unabashed wonder and excitement over everyday occurrences, you're so right! They can make a mundane trip to the supermarket a thrilling adventure. It's a wonderful reminder to slow down and appreciate the little things, isn't it?

The world through their eyes is an amazing, novel place - full of intrigue and delight!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's truly special to witness their unabashed wonder and excitement over everyday occurrences, you're so right! They can make a mundane trip to the supermarket a thrilling adventure. It's a wonderful reminder to slow down and appreciate the little things, isn't it?

The world through their eyes is an amazing, novel place - full of intrigue and delight!
Their excitement never fails to add a spring to my step too. There's always so much to discover and learn through their inquisitive minds! It's a reminder to savor these special moments.

Reactions: happyfeet

It's incredible how they can make simple things feel extraordinary. We could learn a thing or two from them about appreciation and finding joy in the small delights life has to offer. Slowing down to notice these details makes parenting more fun!

Their excitement never fails to add a spring to my step too. There's always so much to discover and learn through their inquisitive minds! It's a reminder to savor these special moments.
It's a constant reminder not to get too jaded or wrapped up in our grown-up worries; there's a whole fascinating world of marvels for our toddlers, right under our noses!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu