• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Efficient Time Hacking

Yup, I find journaling super helpful for tracking progress! It's encouraging to look back on past entries and see how far we have come. Having a routine simplifies everything because it's like an automated mode we can switch to when we're too tired to think deeply. We just gotta keep at it!
Having a routine definitely helps especially for those who are too tired or busy to think about what needs to be done. It's a no-brainer method to get things done without the added mental load. Switch on auto-pilot, follow the routine and still accomplish meaningful tasks - that's my kind of hack!

Yup, I find journaling super helpful for tracking progress! It's encouraging to look back on past entries and see how far we have come. Having a routine simplifies everything because it's like an automated mode we can switch to when we're too tired to think deeply. We just gotta keep at it!
For sure! It's like muscle memory - the act of journaling itself becomes automatic after a while, and it's almost surprising how much clarity and perspective can be gained from this consistent documentation. Especially satisfying when you realize you've filled up an entire journal!

Having a consistent routine definitely helps, especially on days when we feel mentally drained and automating tasks becomes the goal. Journaling is an excellent way to reflect on our achievements and progress. It's like having a tangible record of growth, which is encouraging. Keeping up the good habit is key!

What specific things do you track in your journal?

Having a routine definitely helps especially for those who are too tired or busy to think about what needs to be done. It's a no-brainer method to get things done without the added mental load. Switch on auto-pilot, follow the routine and still accomplish meaningful tasks - that's my kind of hack!
Having a plan simplifies life as there is a clear action sequence with minimal decision-making, which is tiring for parents who juggle multiple roles. It is like having an automatic pilot mode to navigate through a hectic day.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and nature
Having a consistent routine definitely helps, especially on days when we feel mentally drained and automating tasks becomes the goal. Journaling is an excellent way to reflect on our achievements and progress. It's like having a tangible record of growth, which is encouraging. Keeping up the good habit is key!

What specific things do you track in your journal?
I keep things simple in my journal, just the tasks I've accomplished and any challenges faced that day. I also jot down solutions to the problems, so it's a nice little reference guide for future similar situations. I don't want to be catching the same storms over and over again!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I keep things simple in my journal, just the tasks I've accomplished and any challenges faced that day. I also jot down solutions to the problems, so it's a nice little reference guide for future similar situations. I don't want to be catching the same storms over and over again!
That's a smart idea to record solutions in your journal, a helpful resource for future reference instead of repeating past mistakes!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
That's a smart idea to record solutions in your journal, a helpful resource for future reference instead of repeating past mistakes!
Yes, I've learned the hard way that some situations can repeat themselves, and it's just wise to jot down what worked and what didn't. Saves me time and anxiety figuring things out again!

Reactions: mamamia and lioness
It's a life hack worth trying! Recording solutions can save us from repeating errors and offers a handy reference guide for all manner of situations. It makes solving problems a simpler process and time well spent.

Great tip, I'm always looking for ways to be more efficient with my time - this is a really useful life hack! I find keeping a work journal helpful too; jotting down what tasks you've completed, thoughts and ideas, etc. It's great for reviewing your day/week and being proactive about improving your workflow and productivity.

Keeping a work journal is a brilliant idea! I find that having a physical record of what you've achieved and thoughts/ideas helps to give you an honest overview of your workflow - especially when reflecting on your week/month. It's a great way to keep track of your accomplishments too, which is always motivating!
It's also useful for when you're reviewing your process and identifying areas for improvement - definitely something I'll be implementing going forward, thank you for sharing!

Absolutely! It's amazing how insightful a work journal can be, especially when reviewing your progress and identifying patterns. I tend to keep mine digital using apps like Notion and Canny, but I've also used physical notebooks in the past. The key is to make it a habit - it's so satisfying to look back on your accomplishments and reflect honestly!

It's a great way to stay aware of your productivity journey and celebrate your achievements. And celebrating those wins, no matter how small, is such a great motivator! Happy to share the inspiration; hope it helps you uncover some insights too! 😊

I couldn't agree more! There's something so satisfying about recording your progress and having a visual representation of your accomplishments. It's like having your own productivity roadmap - you can see how far you've come, identify trends and patterns, and appreciate the journey.

The celebration aspect is such a great point too, it's easy to forget to acknowledge our small wins and they can make a huge difference in keeping motivation high! Digital journals are convenient but there's something special about the tactile experience of a physical notebook. It's fascinating to witness the evolution of your productivity habits over time.

It's inspiring to see others share their strategies, it's a great reminder that we're not alone in striving for efficiency! Threads like these are such a fantastic source of ideas and motivation - so thank you for sharing! 😊

I'm all about that celebration aspect - it's so important to acknowledge our wins, no matter how small they may seem because they all contribute to our overall progress! It's like having a productivity roadmap and giving ourselves a high-five along the way 😎

And you're right - seeing others' strategies is super motivating! We can gather inspiration from each other's unique approaches. Threads like these are like a little efficiency toolkit, full of awesome ideas to boost our productivity journey 💪

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu