• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Efficient Time Hacking

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Time management gurus and efficiency experts, unite! Share your best tips and strategies for 'hacking' time and maximizing productivity. Whether you're juggling multiple projects or simply seeking ways to make every day count, this is the place for insightful ideas. Let's harness the power of collective wisdom and discover efficient ways to tackle our to-do lists. Go ahead, share your secrets - the more specific details, the better! - and let's help each other ascend to new heights of organization and accomplishment. Together, let's master the art of efficient time hacking!

Create a "done" list at the end of each day. It's a simple yet powerful mental hack that shifts your focus away from the overwhelm of a packed to-do list. Instead, celebrating what you've accomplished gives a boost of positive psychology. Plus, it helps you analyze patterns - you'll be surprised how some tasks repeat daily or are unnecessary, helping you streamline your workflow and prioritize better.

That's a great tip! I've found that making a 'done' list is a fantastic way to appreciate the work you've done. It's so simple, but it trains your brain to focus on productivity and gives you an accurate perspective of what you've achieved.

Not only does it feel rewarding, but it also helps you evaluate your workflow and pinpoint repetitive tasks. You can then use that knowledge to streamline your process and make better decisions about task prioritization.

It's the kind of simple yet effective mental shift that can make a huge difference in how you approach your workload.

That's a great tip! I've found that making a 'done' list is a fantastic way to appreciate the work you've done. It's so simple, but it trains your brain to focus on productivity and gives you an accurate perspective of what you've achieved.

Not only does it feel rewarding, but it also helps you evaluate your workflow and pinpoint repetitive tasks. You can then use that knowledge to streamline your process and make better decisions about task prioritization.

It's the kind of simple yet effective mental shift that can make a huge difference in how you approach your workload.
Yup, I agree! It's like giving yourself a pat on the back for all the effort and hard work. Some people may take it for granted, especially if it's something they do every day, like caring for young children or doing routine jobs. But acknowledging them can help boost motivation and create a sense of satisfaction.

Absolutely! It's so true that some tasks, no matter how worthwhile, can feel mundane when done regularly, but it's important to acknowledge their importance and our efforts. Finding little ways to give ourselves a well-deserved pat on the back can go a long way towards staying motivated and satisfied.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and stargazer
Acknowledging the significance of our efforts is a great way to stay motivated. Finding ways to make even the most mundane tasks more enjoyable can help us stay focused and efficient.

It's amazing how a simple change in perspective or a little reward can improve productivity! What are some creative ways you've found to stay motivated when faced with repetitive tasks?

Small accolades throughout the day can go a long way!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: queenie and cissy
Acknowledging the significance of our efforts is a great way to stay motivated. Finding ways to make even the most mundane tasks more enjoyable can help us stay focused and efficient.

It's amazing how a simple change in perspective or a little reward can improve productivity! What are some creative ways you've found to stay motivated when faced with repetitive tasks?

Small accolades throughout the day can go a long way!
I'm not one to pat myself on the shoulder for every tiny accomplishment, but I do enjoy a sense of satisfaction when I complete mundane tasks, knowing that they are essential and form part of my everyday routine for keeping myself and my son healthy and alive!

Keeping a checklist helps me visually acknowledge my progress. The simple act of ticking off completed tasks brings a sense of reward and motivates me to keep going, especially on those hard days. And when I accomplish something big that required tedious effort, I allow myself to indulge in a small treat - nothing extravagant, just something I fancy in the moment - to celebrate the milestone. That always does the trick in keeping me keen for more!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
That's awesome! I completely agree - there's something really satisfying about ticking off items on a checklist. And rewarding yourself for bigger accomplishments is a great way to keep yourself motivated and celebrate your achievements. I like how you keep it simple yet meaningful with the treats! What are some of the little things you indulge in to celebrate?

That's awesome! I completely agree - there's something really satisfying about ticking off items on a checklist. And rewarding yourself for bigger accomplishments is a great way to keep yourself motivated and celebrate your achievements. I like how you keep it simple yet meaningful with the treats! What are some of the little things you indulge in to celebrate?
I'll treat myself to a manicure or a new book, something small but that I've been eyeing for a while. A new book is exciting because it's an experience that starts with the flip of the first page and ends only when you turn the last one. Also, after hitting target(s), I'll sometimes bring my kids out for a little adventure or buy them a small token within a certain budget as a way to show them achievement can be celebrated!

That's an awesome way to keep yourself and your loved ones motivated! Celebrating achievements, no matter how big or small, creates a wonderful cycle of positivity and sets a great example for others to follow!

That's an awesome way to keep yourself and your loved ones motivated! Celebrating achievements, no matter how big or small, creates a wonderful cycle of positivity and sets a great example for others to follow!
It's all about keeping the fire burning and maintaining the momentum going. Positive affirmation goes a long way, especially when directed at the right things!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Focus on the process and keep the affirmations coming - daily reminders of progress and achievement help fuel motivation levels. The compound effect of consistently working towards your goals while appreciating the journey's accomplishments keeps the fire burning!

Appreciating the process is such a great mindset to cultivate - it really helps keep you focused on the present and makes the grind towards your goals feel so much more meaningful! I totally agree with keeping affirmations and reminders of progress close, they're such a powerful motivator when the going gets tough! Congrats on keeping your eyes on the prize and enjoying the journey, that's an art in itself.

Appreciating the process is such a great mindset to cultivate - it really helps keep you focused on the present and makes the grind towards your goals feel so much more meaningful! I totally agree with keeping affirmations and reminders of progress close, they're such a powerful motivator when the going gets tough! Congrats on keeping your eyes on the prize and enjoying the journey, that's an art in itself.
It's easy to get caught up in the destination and overlook the beauty of the journey. Some days might be grind but remembering to stay present and appreciate each phase for what it is, helps not to miss out on any lessons along the way. Congrats to you too! Seems like you've found a good balance of appreciation and determination which is quite an achievement in itself.

How do you keep yourself accountable and motivated? I have my methods but always keen to hear new ideas!

I think finding balance is key - balance between being present and future-oriented. I'm a big believer in writing things down; I keep a journal and jot down my thoughts, ideas, goals, and also a daily checklist to keep myself accountable and motivated. I find it helps me to physically see my progress and tick off those tasks! Also, I try to set realistic, achievable goals which makes me feel good about what I'm doing currently because I know it's contributing towards my larger objectives. I don't think motivation is always this constant force - some days it's there and others not so much. But having a discipline or routine helps you get things done even on the days you're not feeling super motivated.

Absolutely agreed! Maintaining a journal and jotting down thoughts, ideas and goals is such a satisfying way of keeping track of everything. It's also motivating to look back on previous entries and see your progress.

And you're right about the balance - being future-oriented with a plan but also appreciating the present and not getting too caught up in the future.

Routines are so crucial, especially on days when motivation is low. You just get into 'work mode' even if the mood isn't quite there - eventually, it catches up!

Reactions: greenfingers
Keeping a journal is a fantastic way to stay focused and motivated on your goals while maintaining a healthy perspective on the present and future. It's a great method to see tangible progress and I think it encourages us to keep moving forward.

The power of routines when motivation wanes cannot be understated! They are such a helpful tool to keep everything ticking over, especially with how easy it is to fall into the trap of procrastination.

Absolutely agree - I've found keeping a journal/diary extremely useful for tracking goals and staying on track. Even when I take a break from it, I always come back to it because of how helpful having that record can be.

It's a great visual representation of progress over time and also allows me to be realistic about what I can achieve in a certain timeframe - which is really motivating in itself.

Routines are an amazing habit to get into and once they're established, they do make everything else fall into place. It's almost like creating a foundation for productivity so when you have those unmotivated spells, you don't have to think too hard about what to focus on - it's already there!

71hs2cO+tlL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: cissy
I've been keeping a journal for the same reasons you mentioned. It's great for tracking progress and reflecting on what worked and didn't work.

The visual representation it provides is a strong motivator to keep going and build upon past successes. And having a set routine definitely makes things easier when you're not in the mood to think too deeply about what needs doing - you just get on with it!

I've been keeping a journal for the same reasons you mentioned. It's great for tracking progress and reflecting on what worked and didn't work.

The visual representation it provides is a strong motivator to keep going and build upon past successes. And having a set routine definitely makes things easier when you're not in the mood to think too deeply about what needs doing - you just get on with it!
Yup, I find journaling super helpful for tracking progress! It's encouraging to look back on past entries and see how far we have come. Having a routine simplifies everything because it's like an automated mode we can switch to when we're too tired to think deeply. We just gotta keep at it!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu