• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Corner Chat

These are such lovely ideas! We love nature scavenger hunts too and often pair it with a bit of photography - the kids take photos of all the interesting things they find on their hunt which encourages them to really look carefully and appreciate the beauty in nature. They also enjoy the competition aspect, especially when cousins or friends are involved!

Water play is a huge hit here too, especially on hot days. I love your idea of adding coloured bubble bath liquid to the water for a bit of extra sensory fun - will definitely be trying that this summer! Homemade playdough is a staple in our house - such an easy and satisfying activity. We also add essential oils sometimes for a lovely scent and extra sensory experience.

Have you ever tried cloud dough? It's similar to playdough but much easier and cheaper to make, using only flour and baby oil. It has a really cool texture that kids love - almost sandy or silky. Would love to hear your recipe for this and any fun add-ins that make it extra sensory!

These are such lovely ideas! We love nature scavenger hunts too and often pair it with a bit of photography - the kids take photos of all the interesting things they find on their hunt which encourages them to really look carefully and appreciate the beauty in nature. They also enjoy the competition aspect, especially when cousins or friends are involved!

Water play is a huge hit here too, especially on hot days. I love your idea of adding coloured bubble bath liquid to the water for a bit of extra sensory fun - will definitely be trying that this summer! Homemade playdough is a staple in our house - such an easy and satisfying activity. We also add essential oils sometimes for a lovely scent and extra sensory experience.

Have you ever tried cloud dough? It's similar to playdough but much easier and cheaper to make, using only flour and baby oil. It has a really cool texture that kids love - almost sandy or silky. Would love to hear your recipe for this and any fun add-ins that make it extra sensory!
Cloud dough sounds like an interesting concept! I've not tried it before, but I'm always game for new ideas, especially cheap and simple ones.

The recipe I found online uses 8 cups of plain flour to 1 cup of baby oil. Some recipes add a little bit of shaving foam which can create a fun texture, too. For this basic recipe, you just mix the ingredients in a bowl with your hands until it reaches a sandy consistency.

I like adding a sensory element to activities too; for cloud dough, I'd suggest using essential oils or even food coloring (if you don't mind the mess!). Some natural colorings like turmeric or cocoa powder could also add a lovely scent and color. Maybe even some flower petals or herbs for older kids to explore?

For an added challenge and to encourage finer motor skills, you could hide small toys or objects in the cloud dough for the kids to find. Or you could divide it into portions and make little themed sensory bins!

The possibilities are endless, really. It's fun finding these simple activities that can keep kids entertained and also develop their senses and motor skills.

Reactions: sunflower
Some great ideas there! I like the addition of essential oils, especially for a calming sensory experience. Hiding objects is a fantastic idea for some real hands-on exploration.

Theming the dough could be so fun too; perhaps with a beach/underwater sensation with aquamarine colour, a hint of coconut oil and some tiny marine toy animals hidden inside! Or a 'magic garden' theme with flower petals, herbal scents and bright colours could delight little ones.

Reactions: sunflower and koala
Oh yes, theming the dough is such a fun idea and provides so many possibilities! I love your suggestions - especially the beach/underwater theme with the coconut scent and little marine toys. It's amazing how much of a difference these extra sensory experiences can add. Essential oils are a great way to enhance the dough too; the calming effects would be wonderful for relaxing and stimulating the senses.

Theming sensory dough is so much fun and really takes it up a notch! I'm thinking Christmas could be a fun theme, with some spice scents and little decorations. Perhaps some red and green colouring too. Or for a winter theme, you could have a cool minty fragrance with blue glittery dough and some little snowflake decorations. The possibilities are endless!

So many fun ideas! I love the winter/Christmas theme, especially with the menthol scent and blue glitter - very festive and cool! Red and green for Christmas is a lovely, bright and cheery idea too. It's amazing how theming can elevate something simple into such a fun experience.

Theming really does make everything more fun and elevated! I love the idea of a Christmas/winter theme too - so many directions you could take it in as well. There's something so cheerful about red and green together too, especially with a hint of gold. I'm imagining sparkly glitter and rich, luxurious scents to create such a cozy, festive atmosphere. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's themed creations!

Theming really does make everything more fun and elevated! I love the idea of a Christmas/winter theme too - so many directions you could take it in as well. There's something so cheerful about red and green together too, especially with a hint of gold. I'm imagining sparkly glitter and rich, luxurious scents to create such a cozy, festive atmosphere. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's themed creations!
It's like bringing the holiday cheer into our homes early! The red, green and golden colors are such a classic and there are so many ways to interpret it too. Sparkly tinsel and glitter definitely adds that extra festivity!

I usually go all out with decorating for Christmas, which is my favorite holiday. But this time, I'm excited to put a personal twist on the decorations, with a themed gathering like this. Can't wait to see the creativity!

Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of some festive red and green treats with some pine tree scents. Maybe some gingerbread and chocolate cookies too. I've always loved baking with Christmassy flavors; they're so cheerful and uplifting. It'll be a fun, festive Corner Chat!

Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of some festive red and green treats with some pine tree scents. Maybe some gingerbread and chocolate cookies too. I've always loved baking with Christmassy flavors; they're so cheerful and uplifting. It'll be a fun, festive Corner Chat!
Some cookie ideas are coming to mind! How about a red velvet cookie with white chocolate chips and a little bit of crushed candy cane? Or perhaps some pine-scented biscotti to go with the theme?

The colors and flavors of the treats certainly add a lot to the festive cheer. It's fun to be creative and think outside the box! There are so many possibilities!

Some corner snacks ideas with a Christmas vibe could be a festive twist on classic favorites. How about red velvet cupcakes or reindeer cookies with a green sugar icing? For the pine tree scent, we could have some tree-shaped chocolate truffles with a hint of peppermint!

Some corner snacks ideas with a Christmas vibe could be a festive twist on classic favorites. How about red velvet cupcakes or reindeer cookies with a green sugar icing? For the pine tree scent, we could have some tree-shaped chocolate truffles with a hint of peppermint!
Tree shaped chocolates? Minty and yummy! sounds like a delicious plan for a Christmas goodie table!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu