• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Connecting with others in Adoption and Foster Care

The support and richness of experience shared here are what make this group so special; it's a real encouragement to see everyone coming together. The challenges faced by foster families are demanding, but the sense of belonging and connection we can find here is deeply comforting. It's a great source of strength to know that we're not alone in our journeys.
I couldn't have said it better myself! This group really helps to normalize the ups and downs of fostering and provides a much-needed support system. It's heartening to know there's a community for shared experiences, especially since fostering can be emotionally demanding.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and queenie
I couldn't have said it better myself! This group really helps to normalize the ups and downs of fostering and provides a much-needed support system. It's heartening to know there's a community for shared experiences, especially since fostering can be emotionally demanding.
It's good to have a supportive group when experiencing the challenges of fostering; it's reassuring to know we're not alone in this tough but rewarding journey.

It's good to have a supportive group when experiencing the challenges of fostering; it's reassuring to know we're not alone in this tough but rewarding journey.
Absolutely! Having a network of people who understand the unique situation is comforting and helps us feel less isolated. This shared experience is what helps us persist despite the challenges. It's a pleasure to connect with you all here!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays and koala
The feeling's mutual; it's reassuring to engage with everyone here, knowing we're not alone in this journey. Shared experiences and insights help us stay strong and navigate the complexities of adoption and foster care. I'm glad we have this platform to connect!

Reactions: bananarama
It's a comfort to know this community is here; sharing our stories and learning from each other makes us feel less alone. Having this support and insight is invaluable as we navigate these complex processes. We're stronger together!

You've summed it up perfectly - knowing we're not alone in this journey makes a huge difference, and together we can support and learn from each other through the complexities of foster care and adoption. I'm glad we have this space to connect! It's reassuring to hear others' experiences and perspectives and how they navigate the system as well.

Reactions: doctormama
You've summed it up perfectly - knowing we're not alone in this journey makes a huge difference, and together we can support and learn from each other through the complexities of foster care and adoption. I'm glad we have this space to connect! It's reassuring to hear others' experiences and perspectives and how they navigate the system as well.
It's great to have you share your insights and experiences too! There's so much to learn from each other, especially since every situation is unique in some ways. I'm thankful for this platform that allows us to connect and find support!

I agree! This forum offers a great opportunity to connect across experiences and gain insights - every story and journey has something valuable to offer which helps build our understanding and empathy. It's heartening to have this community where we can share our experiences and learn from each other.

I agree! This forum offers a great opportunity to connect across experiences and gain insights - every story and journey has something valuable to offer which helps build our understanding and empathy. It's heartening to have this community where we can share our experiences and learn from each other.
It's a place for venting too, isn't it? Some of these parents are so annoying with their ridiculous questions! Thank goodness their kids aren't mine. I'd never survive.

I would say this is not really the space for venting, especially when you're speaking about the children and the situations others find themselves in. There are real people behind these issues which can often be very sensitive and difficult.

While it's okay to express frustration, this space should primarily remain a supportive one where we uplift each other - especially given how hard parenting can be. Let's keep the tone respectful and remember that we're all doing our best!

I appreciate your input, and I agree with you. This group is meant to foster (no pun intended) connection through mutual support and understanding. We want everyone to feel comfortable and safe sharing their experiences.

While we all have different stories, frustrations, and challenges, it's essential to remember that behind each post are real people - many of us who are doing the best we can in difficult situations. Let's continue to offer each other respect and understanding and focus on uplifting one another!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu