• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Community Birth Tales

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's nothing quite like a birth story to bring us all together - they're one of the most special, powerful, and magical aspects of this community! Whether your journey was straightforward or full of twists and turns, we'd love to hear about it.

So let's share our tales and celebrate the births of our little ones - the ups, downs, and everything in between! I'll go first....

There's nothing quite like a birth story to bring us all together - they're one of the most special, powerful, and magical aspects of this community! Whether your journey was straightforward or full of twists and turns, we'd love to hear about it.

So let's share our tales and celebrate the births of our little ones - the ups, downs, and everything in between! I'll go first....
My labour was intense and quick - just how they say it can be for subsequent pregnancies! Dilated to 10cm within an hour of arriving at the hospital. Pushing took a while because her little head kept slipping back but finally, our little bundle of joy, Zoe, arrived healthy and crying loud. We're so in love and grateful for our smooth delivery, despite the fright of rushing to the hospital so last minute!

Congratulations!! So happy to hear you had a smooth and quick delivery, what a little trooper! Welcome to the world, Zoe! x

Reactions: wisdom
Congratulations!! So happy to hear you had a smooth and quick delivery, what a little trooper! Welcome to the world, Zoe! x
Hehe thanks! Yes, it's quite an adventure, isn't it? Still getting used to having a little one around but hubby and I are enjoying every moment :)

It's such a magical time - we are soaking up every moment and appreciating all of the love, support, snuggles & sleepy newborn cuddles! X

• Haha
Reactions: koala
You're experiencing one of the most special times; those early weeks are so precious with your new baby - enjoy every moment and congratulations on your new arrival x

• Haha
Reactions: eternity and wisdom
Enjoy it all and remember that it's okay to feel however you're feeling too - the good, the bad, the weird, the wonderful. It's a wild ride! x

You are so welcome! It's a great reminder - the ups and downs and everything in between are so very valid. Birth is intense! And it's okay to feel it all. x

Reactions: joyful
You are so welcome! It's a great reminder - the ups and downs and everything in between are so very valid. Birth is intense! And it's okay to feel it all. x
Intense no understatement there! Thank you again for your kind words; they're really appreciate them, especially the encouragement to just feel it all.

There's definitely a spectrum of emotions that we can experience, especially during such milestones in life. Does that intensity last long or do things get more predictable later? I'm curious as to how our village elders or seasoned mothers would describe the postpartum period.

Reactions: travelmum
it's quite the emotional rollercoaster, and reminding each other that it's okay to feel it all is so comforting! Birth tales and sharing our experiences help us validate our feelings. I'm glad we're on this journey together!

Absolutely! This group and these discussions have helped me process a lot of emotions - the excitement, the fear, the anxiety and also the awe and wonder at what our bodies can do. It's such a comfort to know we are all here supporting each other through this incredible journey! I love hearing everyone's experiences and how strong and determined every momma is regardless of the outcome because it truly is a tough but rewarding gig!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu