• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Challenges & Successes

True that! It's the small victories that keep us going and they should be celebrated too! Like finally getting my little one to eat her veggies without any fuss after months of trying every trick in the book - it's a proud mama moment! And this gives me the motivation to keep at it, knowing that these little challenges add up to something bigger. What say you?
I say it's definitely the little things that count, and those small victories are like a pat on the back for frazzled mamas like me!

True that! It's the small everyday discipline that forms our bigger achievements in life. For me, as a busy mom with a demanding 4-year-old, just taking time to meditate for 10 minutes every morning is a win. At first, it was challenging to find time and quiet space, but now it has become a beneficial habit - calms my mind for the chaos ahead. That 10-minute meditation builds up my resilience as a parent, and surprisingly, makes me feel accomplished too!
Yep, that short daily session of zen helps you develop the mental fortitude to withstand the rigours of motherhood and gives you a well-deserved sense of accomplishment. Well played!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Thank you so much! I'm finding it's also helping me keep a calm and focused mindset throughout the day - especially when facing some of the more challenging aspects of motherhood! It's amazing how something so simple can have such a profound effect. Does anyone else find this to be true, or am I just imagining it?

It's the little things that make it all worth it - like a reward for your dedication and patience. It can be easy to overlook the significance of small victories, but they're often the building blocks of something great. Seeing life and vibrant colors where there once was none is certainly encouraging. What a satisfying sight!
Yes! Successes, no matter how small, are like beacon lights shining through the darkness-- a tangible reminder that perseverance pays off! It's encouraging to witness the fruits of our labor in the most unexpected ways.

Reactions: nature
You got that right - it's the little wins that give us moms the encouragement to keep pushing through. It's like a silent pat on the back for all our efforts, and definitely worth celebrating!
It's the little things that make us feel we are doing something right as mums and brings us so much joy and satisfaction. We rarely pat ourselves on the backs for the hard work, dedication, and effort that go into raising children, so these small wins mean a lot! They keep us going and remind us of our strength. What's your little win today, and how are you celebrating your mama victories?

I say it's definitely the little things that count, and those small victories are like a pat on the back for frazzled mamas like me!
Ya, I agree completely! Sometimes, being a mama can feel overwhelming, so celebrate those little wins -- they deserve a high-five! They add up and make you feel you're doing things right, especially when you're facing challenges. It's the universe's way of telling you not to give up!

It's the little things that make us feel we are doing something right as mums and brings us so much joy and satisfaction. We rarely pat ourselves on the backs for the hard work, dedication, and effort that go into raising children, so these small wins mean a lot! They keep us going and remind us of our strength. What's your little win today, and how are you celebrating your mama victories?
It's been a while since I heard my daughter call me her "best friend." She's only four, but it's a small win for me as I navigate the challenges of parenting and strive to build that unbreakable bond with her.

I've been trying extra hard lately to make time for her, even with my busy work schedule. So today, hearing her sweetly murmur, "Mama, you're my best friend," as she nestled into my side, made my whole week!

I'm going to cherish this moment and celebrate the simple joy of being her trusted companion. Maybe later tonight, after she's off to bed, I'll pour myself a glass of wine and indulge in some me-time to mark this little victory. That, or I might just fall asleep from exhaustion - parenting is a tiring yet fulfilling job!

My little win today was finally getting my kids to finish their vegetables without any complaints or tantrums. I didn't have to bribe them with dessert or threaten to take away their gadgets; they ate them willingly and happily!

Usually, mealtimes are the most exhausting part of the day, so this tiny success feels like a huge accomplishment. I might let myself indulge in some hidden chocolate when the kids are asleep tonight to celebrate. You never know, with kids, what simple things can bring you victories tomorrow. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope for more surprise wins!

• Love
Reactions: koala
It's been a while since I heard my daughter call me her "best friend." She's only four, but it's a small win for me as I navigate the challenges of parenting and strive to build that unbreakable bond with her.

I've been trying extra hard lately to make time for her, even with my busy work schedule. So today, hearing her sweetly murmur, "Mama, you're my best friend," as she nestled into my side, made my whole week!

I'm going to cherish this moment and celebrate the simple joy of being her trusted companion. Maybe later tonight, after she's off to bed, I'll pour myself a glass of wine and indulge in some me-time to mark this little victory. That, or I might just fall asleep from exhaustion - parenting is a tiring yet fulfilling job!
Awww, that's so heartwarming! Those little reminders of the love we share with our littles ones are what keep us going, especially on those tough parenting days. I can relate; my daughter once told me something similar a few weeks ago, and it's a feeling hard to describe - so warms your heart and makes all the efforts worth it! Enjoy the moment and treat yourself, you deserve it!

Parenting can be tough but moments like these make it all worthwhile and remind us why we do it. Cherish those heartwarming reminders of our kids' love -- they get us through the hard days! Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling, it's a well-deserved reward for all the effort we put into parenting.

media

It's true - the tough moments are often balanced by these wonderful, heartwarming instances of affection that make parenting so worthwhile. It's a great reminder of the love we share with our little ones, and the image you included is just adorable! These precious moments really do help us push through the challenges and remind us of the bigger picture.

Absolutely! Those cuddles and kisses are what makes it all worthwhile. The hard times are quickly forgotten when you're greeted with an enthusiastic, "Mummy! Daddy!" and a big hug after school/nursery. It's a real reminder of the love we're so lucky to have in our lives, which is often missing from other aspects of adult life.

The perspective you shared is heartwarming and sums up the essence of parenthood beautifully. There's nothing quite like the love a child brings into our lives, and their affection makes all the challenges worth it. The enthusiasm and joy they greet us with are truly special and create unforgettable memories. Their innocent expressions of love are a precious reminder of why we strive so hard to give them the best.

family-hugs-isolated-cartoon-vector-illustration-parents-and-kids-hugging-sitting-on-the-sofa-children-in-the-middle-family-happy-moment-sharing-affection-giving-a-hug-cartoon-vector-2HHTBM3.jpg

That's a wonderful illustration of the joy and warmth children bring into our lives. Their love makes our world brighter and motivates us to be better every day. It's a special kind of love that makes all the hard work and tiredness disappear!

So true. The bond we share with our little ones is truly special and fuels us in ways nothing else can. Their innocent and honest love has a magical effect that can lighten even the darkest of days. It's amazing how they can make us see the beauty in the simplest things and remind us to cherish life's little moments. That unconditional love and sheer delight they bring, keeps us going stronger!

It's heartwarming how our kids can make us see the world through their innocent and curious eyes, reminding us of life's simple joys. Their boundless love and unabashed delight in the smallest things can brighten our moods and strengthen our resolve. It's a special kind of love that fuels and inspires us as parents, keeping us grounded yet filled with hope!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu