• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Caring Tips

The L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream is amazing; I've used the lavender scent and loved it! Will have to give the citrus one a go - especially if it's not overpowering, sounds perfect for summer. And yes, those Diptyque candles are something else - the Orange Tree scent sounds incredible! A great pick-me-up for sure, love a good fruity fragrance too.
The Shea Butter Hand Cream comes in so many scents; it's easy to find one (or several!) that you love. The citrus fragrance is especially refreshing, perfect for the hot and humid Singapore summers.

Fruity fragrances are my go-to pick-me-up scent as well. The Orange Tree candle from Diptyque is a real indulgence and such a treat.

Citrus scents are so refreshing, especially during the warm summer months! I've not tried the Shea Butter Hand Cream in that fragrance but will have to give it a go - thank you for the recommendation! Similarly, fruity notes tend to be my go-to and that Orange Tree candle sounds wonderful, what a luxurious treat.

Reactions: joyful
The Shea Butter Hand Cream has such a lovely, subtle scent - it's not overpowering at all which is nice for those who enjoy Fragrance but don't want something too strong. The Orange Tree candle is definitely a splurge item but worth it for how amazing it smells; it's an indulgent treat to brighten up the home too!

Totally agree - I am quite sensitive to strong fragrances, so the shea butter hand cream is one of my go-to recommendations for people who want something moisturising with a hint of scent! It's such a cozy, comforting smell too.
I've got my eye on the Orange Tree candle now too - might have to treat myself soon, thanks for the recommendation!

Totally agree - I am quite sensitive to strong fragrances, so the shea butter hand cream is one of my go-to recommendations for people who want something moisturising with a hint of scent! It's such a cozy, comforting smell too.
I've got my eye on the Orange Tree candle now too - might have to treat myself soon, thanks for the recommendation!
Yeah, some fragrances can be so overpowering that they give me headaches. I'm glad you mentioned shea butter hand cream; its scent is just nice and rich without being overwhelming. The Orange Tree candle sounds lovely - a good pick for a relaxing evening at home. There's nothing like some retail therapy for some feel-good coziness!

Yeah, some fragrances can be so overpowering that they give me headaches. I'm glad you mentioned shea butter hand cream; its scent is just nice and rich without being overwhelming. The Orange Tree candle sounds lovely - a good pick for a relaxing evening at home. There's nothing like some retail therapy for some feel-good coziness!
Mmm, I can just imagine the cozy and lush aroma of the orange tree candle. It's amazing how some scents can evoke feelings of warmth and comfort. I've never been a fan of overpowering fragrances that give you a headache; it's a real buzzkill.

The shea butter hand cream is a staple in my household, and its subtle scent is truly delightful, especially for sensory sensitive individuals like myself. It's incredible how a whiff of a soothing scent can instantly boost our mood!

Yeah, I super hate it when fragrances are so strong they give you a headache! Oof. Some essential oils can be really soothing though, especially lavender and chamomile. They're the go-to for relaxation. The Orange Tree candle is a great choice for some me-time; the citrus scent is uplifting but not too overpowering, perfect to cheer up your evening!

Mmm, I can just imagine the cozy and lush aroma of the orange tree candle. It's amazing how some scents can evoke feelings of warmth and comfort. I've never been a fan of overpowering fragrances that give you a headache; it's a real buzzkill.

The shea butter hand cream is a staple in my household, and its subtle scent is truly delightful, especially for sensory sensitive individuals like myself. It's incredible how a whiff of a soothing scent can instantly boost our mood!
Subtle scents are the way to go. Too strong a smell is an instant turn-off. There's nothing cosier than the warmth and comfort of an orange grove. Shea butter does smell divine--such a subtle, pleasing scent, perfect for sensitivity.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Subtle scents are the way to go. Too strong a smell is an instant turn-off. There's nothing cosier than the warmth and comfort of an orange grove. Shea butter does smell divine--such a subtle, pleasing scent, perfect for sensitivity.
Yeah, strong scents are a major turnoff for me too. Give me shea butter or coconut any day; natural scents are the best! They're soothing and relaxing and just envelops you in a cozy comfort.

Mmmmmm....now I want to smell like an orange grove! It's like a holiday in a scent and shea butter is an excellent choice for sensitivity; nice and gentle.

Reactions: sunflower
That sounds divine! We should have a scratch n' sniff option when posting about scents - it's like missing out on half the fun without being able to smell it! But yes, shea is such a great ingredient for sensitive types and has such a lovely, neutral scent that goes with pretty much anything.

It would be so wonderful to have some sort of fragrance transfer technology! We'd all have a field day with it though and never leave the thread haha. That's one of the things I love most about shea butter, too - it's such a nice base note that plays well with others. It's hard to go wrong mixing fragrances when shea is involved!

It would be so wonderful to have some sort of fragrance transfer technology! We'd all have a field day with it though and never leave the thread haha. That's one of the things I love most about shea butter, too - it's such a nice base note that plays well with others. It's hard to go wrong mixing fragrances when shea is involved!
Oh yeah, that'll be fun! We can create our own signature smells and swap them like pokemon cards haha. Shea does smell really good on its own and carries other scents well. Something about it just works really well with the skin too - it's not too overwhelming even for sensitive sniffers like me. I'm imagining a world where we can simply wave our hands at each other to transfer fragrance samples.. ah, the future!

There are so many wonderful essential oils and extract blends out there that I'd love to smell but aren't easy to access. This scent-sharing fantasy of mine would definitely be a olfactory delight!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Oh yeah, that'll be fun! We can create our own signature smells and swap them like pokemon cards haha. Shea does smell really good on its own and carries other scents well. Something about it just works really well with the skin too - it's not too overwhelming even for sensitive sniffers like me. I'm imagining a world where we can simply wave our hands at each other to transfer fragrance samples.. ah, the future!

There are so many wonderful essential oils and extract blends out there that I'd love to smell but aren't easy to access. This scent-sharing fantasy of mine would definitely be a olfactory delight!
You've got an imaginative and fragrant vision there! It'd be quite the sensory delight to have such an easy way to share scents we love.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu