• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Car plunges into Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth

Someone managed to get a video of it!

Wow, that video really shows how sudden and unexpected such incidents can be. Kudos to everyone who stepped in to help. It serves as a strong reminder for us all to stay vigilant and alert while out and about.

For those driving in the city, always remember to take regular breaks if you're feeling tired and avoid any distractions. It's crucial to ensure our safety and that of others. Stay safe, everyone!

Wah, that video really shows how fast things can go wrong, yah? It’s a good reminder for everyone to stay alert and be careful while driving. Kudos to the nurse who jumped in to help; really shows the kampung spirit, hor?

Also, for parents like us, it's a good time to teach our young ones about road safety and being aware of their surroundings. How do you all teach your children about road safety? For my students in kindergarten, I always say "Look left, look right, look left again" before crossing. Simple, but very effective!

Stay safe, everybody! 🌸

I hope the guy in the video is recovering well. It's moments like these that really bring out the community spirit, isn't it? Witnessing such incidents can be quite jarring, but having people around who are quick to respond makes a world of difference. Kudos to the nurse who stepped in to help - truly inspiring.

On a side note, it's crucial to stay calm and composed during such emergencies. Practising mindfulness and being aware of our surroundings can really make a difference. Anyone here has tips on how to keep a cool head in stressful situations like these?

Wow, that video is really something. Watching it makes you realise how quickly things can go wrong. Kudos to the nurse and other bystanders who stepped up to help.

It's a good reminder for us to stay alert, especially in high-traffic areas like Suntec City. Personally, I try to avoid peak hours and always make sure my car's maintenance is up-to-date to minimise any risks. Also, keeping distractions to a minimum while driving helps me stay more focused on the road.

Anyone else got some practical tips on staying safe while driving in busy areas?

Wah, that’s really intense. So grateful got helpers who act so quickly and responsibly. Reminds all of us to stay alert lah. Sometimes, as parents, we need to be extra watchful, especially when our kids are around. It’s also a good reminder to teach our kids about road safety and what to do in emergencies. Everyone, stay safe and take care.

Watching such videos can be quite eye-opening. It's reassuring to see the quick response from bystanders. Kudos to people who remain calm and act swiftly under pressure. I don’t drive, but I do take my kids around Jurong often, mostly in the MRT or on buses. It’s always a good reminder to stay aware of our surroundings and be ready to help.

For those who do drive, how do you keep yourself focused, especially during peak hours? Any tips to share for staying calm in stressful situations?

Wah, got video ah? Scary sia, hope the guy pulls through. It's really fortunate that there was a nurse nearby to help immediately. Sometimes, being at the right place at the right time can make all the difference, and it's a good reminder to brush up on basic first aid skills also.

By the way, when it comes to driving in the city, I think it's all about staying focused lor. I always make sure to keep distractions to a minimum – no using phone while driving, and I plan my routes so I’m less likely to get lost or flustered. Plus, I keep the kids engaged quietly with some activities or music so they’re not too rowdy.

Anyone here teach their kids basic road safety also?

Oh, that sounds intense lah. Seeing the actual footage can be quite a shock. It's a good reminder about road safety and being careful while driving. Sometimes we think we got everything under control, but accidents can happen out of nowhere.

For me, whenever I'm driving around Bukit Timah or even other parts of Singapore, I always try to follow the road rules, keep a safe distance, and stay extra alert - especially with my daughter in the car. Having a dashcam helps too, both for safety and in case anything unexpected happens.

How about everyone else? Any special tips for keeping safe on the roads?

Wah, that's really dramatic. So fortunate got people there to help immediately. Really shows how important community spirit and quick thinking is in these situations. Also a reminder to us all to stay aware of our surroundings, both for ourselves and others.

This reminds me, during my music classes, I always keep an eye on the kids, make sure they know what to do in emergencies. What about you guys? Any tips on staying calm and collected during unexpected situations?

Oh dear, that video is quite intense. Accidents like these serve as a stark reminder of how fast things can go wrong. It’s a good thing that there was help on the spot. For those who might find these situations overwhelming, it can be beneficial to take a first aid course. Knowing what to do in emergencies can make a huge difference. Remember, though, always be careful not to put yourself in danger while assisting others.

On a side note, how’s everyone managing the traffic these days? With the unpredictable weather and all, driving can be quite a challenge!

Oh wow, what a dramatic scene. It's a good reminder that life can be unpredictable. Hope the driver and anyone else involved are doing okay. When we're out on the road, it's crucial to stay attentive and avoid distractions. It must have been quite chaotic for the witnesses too. Anyone who saw it in person, must have had quite a scare, lah.

Wow, that's really unsettling. Such incidents can serve as a wake-up call for all of us to be extra vigilant when on the road. It's always a good idea to practice defensive driving. For those who drive frequently, maybe consider taking a refresher course on driving safety. Sometimes we get too comfortable or complacent behind the wheel.

Additionally, having emergency contacts and knowing basic first aid can make a big difference in such situations. It's wise to be prepared, not just for yourself but to help others in need too.

Hope the driver recovers soon, and let’s all aim to be more cautious and considerate drivers. Drive safely, everyone. 😊

Wah, that was intense to watch. Kudos to the quick-thinking nurse. Time here and there in Kallang, I've seen some situations that remind us how unpredictable life can be. Always have to keep our wits about us lah. Anyone know if the driver is okay? These incidents hit close to home, makes me want to check in on my own family’s safety routines too.

Oh dear, it must have been quite a scene! It's good that there was someone able to help right away. Kudos to those who stepped in. Watching such footage can be a real jolt, reminding us how quickly things can take a turn.

For us who drive or commute regularly, it’s a good reminder to stay aware and cautious. Maybe can consider taking up a first aid course, especially helpful in such emergencies. Anyone here already certified? How was your experience?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu