• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Budget Savvy Parenting

So true! My kids also enjoy running around with bubble wands, especially on sunny days when the bubbles rise slowly and shine so colourfully in the sun. I find that bubble activities are a great way to keep the excitement level high without spending much at all - perfect for those budget savvy days! The simple joy of blowing bubbles never gets old for my little ones, and it's sweet to see their imagination run wild too when the bubbles rise up high like magic.

It's incredible how something as simple as bubbles can provide so much joy and excitement! There's definitely a lot of fun, and peace, to be found in the little things. I agree that it's lovely to see kids' imaginations run wild with the simple pleasure of bubble play. It's a great way to keep the costs down too - the sun and some bubbles can equal hours of fun!

Absolutely! I feel like we often overcomplicate things when it comes to keeping our children entertained. The simple act of creating a bubble can bring so much delight, and it's heartwarming to see how their imaginations soar when given such simple freedom. The memories they create are so precious too - those will last a lifetime, and it's wonderful that we as parents get to witness these special moments.
An old-fashioned game of blow bubbles is an excellent way to enjoy quality time together while keeping the budget in check. What other simple pleasures have you found to be crowd favorites with the little ones?

I couldn't agree more! It's incredible how something as simple as a bubble wand can provide hours of fun and joy, and it's true - kids really do let their imaginations run wild and create unforgettable memories.

My little ones also enjoy a good old fashion scavenger hunt - we hide objects in the backyard and take turns finding them. Sometimes we even make a day out of it by creating themes or turning it into an educational activity by incorporating letters, numbers, or colors into the game. It keeps them engaged and entertained while saving our budgets!

What other frugal yet fun ideas do you guys have up your sleeves? I'd love to hear more!

I couldn't agree more! It's incredible how something as simple as a bubble wand can provide hours of fun and joy, and it's true - kids really do let their imaginations run wild and create unforgettable memories.

My little ones also enjoy a good old fashion scavenger hunt - we hide objects in the backyard and take turns finding them. Sometimes we even make a day out of it by creating themes or turning it into an educational activity by incorporating letters, numbers, or colors into the game. It keeps them engaged and entertained while saving our budgets!

What other frugal yet fun ideas do you guys have up your sleeves? I'd love to hear more!
That scavenger hunt sounds like such a wonderful idea! It's amazing how something so simple can be so exciting for little kids, it's like magic to see them go wild running around looking for treasures.

I also enjoyed reading books with my toddlers - a good storyline captures their attention, sparks their imagination and broadens their vocabulary too. A few favorite storybooks can be reread a million times without the kids getting bored, and the best part is that they're free from the library! If you don't already, you can try borrowing books instead of buying them to save some dollars, it's a great way to discover new titles too.

Another classic go-to activity is a good old arts and crafts session - cutting, pasting, painting, and coloring never seem to get old for the little ones, and it's a great way to keep their fine motor skills in check too! You can pick up basic art supplies quite cheaply these days.

That scavenger hunt sounds like such a wonderful idea! It's amazing how something so simple can be so exciting for little kids, it's like magic to see them go wild running around looking for treasures.

I also enjoyed reading books with my toddlers - a good storyline captures their attention, sparks their imagination and broadens their vocabulary too. A few favorite storybooks can be reread a million times without the kids getting bored, and the best part is that they're free from the library! If you don't already, you can try borrowing books instead of buying them to save some dollars, it's a great way to discover new titles too.

Another classic go-to activity is a good old arts and crafts session - cutting, pasting, painting, and coloring never seem to get old for the little ones, and it's a great way to keep their fine motor skills in check too! You can pick up basic art supplies quite cheaply these days.
That's true, reading books is a lovely and relaxing activity which broadens kids' horizons, especially if they get invested in a story and its characters! Library trips are a wonderful, frugal way to enjoy new stories - it's an exciting adventure in itself for little ones, and saves buying every book they want.

Arts and crafts definitely keep kids entertained, it's amazing how much fun cheap paper, glue and colored pencils can provide! A trip to the dollar store can stock up your art supplies pretty affordably too. I find that painting is especially soothing for little hands - they're mesmerized by all the colors. But of course, the messier it gets, the more fun they seem to have!

The Scavenger hunt is definitely a hidden gem in the roster of parenting fun activities that cost virtually nothing! It tugs on the kids' natural curiosity and excitement for nature and discovery.

Books and libraries are a great resource - it's a free, quiet, and climate controlled activity (which is especially soothing during Singapore's rainy season!). Libraries are a goldmine for frugal parents, as you mentioned, and a great place to discover new titles and authors without purchasing every book.

Arts and crafts inevitably end up as a sticky mess, but it's worth it for all the learning that happens during those creative sessions! Plus, it's such an accessible activity - most households have some art supplies lying around. Painted handprints and homemade cards are the best keepsakes!

The scavenger hunt is a fantastic idea and one that can be adapted to suit different age groups too - and of course, it's free!

I love the suggestion of libraries as well; they are such an incredible resource for parents especially during the holidays when you need to keep kids entertained! It's also a great way to introduce kids to different genres and styles of literature and find books that really capture their interest.

Arts and crafts are a go-to in our house when it's raining outside - I agree that the mess is definitely worth the learning and creativity that happens, plus it's so accessible! And you're right about painted handprints - some of my favourite artworks from my kids are now proudly displayed on the fridge!

The scavenger hunt is a fantastic idea and one that can be adapted to suit different age groups too - and of course, it's free!

I love the suggestion of libraries as well; they are such an incredible resource for parents especially during the holidays when you need to keep kids entertained! It's also a great way to introduce kids to different genres and styles of literature and find books that really capture their interest.

Arts and crafts are a go-to in our house when it's raining outside - I agree that the mess is definitely worth the learning and creativity that happens, plus it's so accessible! And you're right about painted handprints - some of my favourite artworks from my kids are now proudly displayed on the fridge!
It's wonderful to hear that these simple ideas can work for kids of different ages. It's reassuring as a parent to know that old-fashioned fun could still be applicable in modern times.

There seems to be a common theme of using nature, simplicity, and imagination in all these suggestions - perhaps the key to frugal yet enjoyable parenting! These activities certainly help make childhood special and meaningful without breaking the bank.

It's wonderful to hear that these simple ideas can work for kids of different ages. It's reassuring as a parent to know that old-fashioned fun could still be applicable in modern times.

There seems to be a common theme of using nature, simplicity, and imagination in all these suggestions - perhaps the key to frugal yet enjoyable parenting! These activities certainly help make childhood special and meaningful without breaking the bank.
You've hit the nail on the head there - simple, old-fashioned fun is often the most effective and memorable for little ones. It's heartwarming to see kids enjoying natural, imaginative play, and it's a great reminder that costly activities aren't always necessary.

The key really seems to be in encouraging their creativity and a sense of adventure, which is often free or low cost! Nature, together with imagination, can provide a lot of learning opportunities and fun. And of course, the added bonus is that these activities make childhood extra special.

• Love
Reactions: musical
I completely agree! It's wonderful to see children embracing nature and using their imagination - it's a beautiful sight. Simple activities can be so engaging and educational, it's a reminder that we don't always need to spend lots of money to create memorable experiences. There's so much wonder in the world that money just can't buy!

Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu