• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Stories Forum

For my second birth, I had an incredible water birth experience. It was such a peaceful atmosphere as the midwives had set up a cozy pool in our living room, with soft lighting and calming music. What was amazing is that the warm water helped me manage contractions so effectively that I almost fell asleep between them! My labor progressed quickly, and when it was time to push, it felt so natural and instinctive. Soon after, I heard the most incredible cry, and my husband and I welcomed our little one into the world. We all cuddled in the pool, skin-to-skin, and that moment of pure ecstasy will forever be etched in my memory. It was such a serene and empowering birth - a total contrast to my first birth, which was very medicalized. That experience taught me that women's bodies are incredible and so resilient!
My gynae had warned me ahead that I may need an emergency cesarean if the baby showed signs of distress, which unfortunately ended up happening. But everything happened so fast; one minute, I was in labour at home with contractions, the next, I was being prepped for surgery. It was scary but also a relief to know that medical help was readily available should the need arise. My son's heart rate dropped suddenly, and they wanted to ensure his safety. The OR was bustling with activity, and I felt so many hands on me as the team quickly set up for the operation. But despite the chaos, the actual cesarean itself was surprisingly calm; the doctors and nurses were efficient yet gentle, constantly explaining what was happening and soothing my nerves. My son was born crying lustily, which to this day, still sounds like the sweetest music to me! And within an hour of his birth, I was in recovery, holding him close skin-to-skin. It was remarkable how fast the medical team worked, and I'm so grateful for their skill and care. I certainly had a front-row seat to an extraordinary birth story, which ended with the best souvenir ever - my little sunshine!

My gynae had warned me ahead that I may need an emergency cesarean if the baby showed signs of distress, which unfortunately ended up happening. But everything happened so fast; one minute, I was in labour at home with contractions, the next, I was being prepped for surgery. It was scary but also a relief to know that medical help was readily available should the need arise. My son's heart rate dropped suddenly, and they wanted to ensure his safety. The OR was bustling with activity, and I felt so many hands on me as the team quickly set up for the operation. But despite the chaos, the actual cesarean itself was surprisingly calm; the doctors and nurses were efficient yet gentle, constantly explaining what was happening and soothing my nerves. My son was born crying lustily, which to this day, still sounds like the sweetest music to me! And within an hour of his birth, I was in recovery, holding him close skin-to-skin. It was remarkable how fast the medical team worked, and I'm so grateful for their skill and care. I certainly had a front-row seat to an extraordinary birth story, which ended with the best souvenir ever - my little sunshine!
That's quite the experience! It's amazing how quickly situations can change and how adaptable we have to be in certain scenarios. That's wonderful that the medical staff were so efficient and supportive, it sounds like you were in great hands. There's always something extra special about these little ones who arrive with a unique story right from the start - certainly keeps everyone on their toes!

Mums truly are warriors - different experiences, but each challenging and awe-inspiring in our own right!

It's amazing how quickly doctors can perform a successful emergency cesarean. What a relief it is to have such proficient medical experts looking after us!

Cesarean births can be pretty intense and are often surprising in how quickly they happen once they need to take place. The efficiency and expertise of the medical team really shine through in those situations. Skin-to-skin contact after a cesarean is such a special moment and one that certainly bonds a mother and baby. What an unforgettable experience, made all the more special since it was your first! I'm curious to hear about other parents' unusual birth stories too! Any other unique experiences?

That's quite the experience! It's amazing how quickly situations can change and how adaptable we have to be in certain scenarios. That's wonderful that the medical staff were so efficient and supportive, it sounds like you were in great hands. There's always something extra special about these little ones who arrive with a unique story right from the start - certainly keeps everyone on their toes!
I'm really appreciating all these accounts of empowerment and resilience, hearing about the strength and adaptability of mums and their bodies during such an intense life event. It's quite something else to experience that intensity through stories, knowing the profound impact it can have! Are there any other unique birth stories or interesting tales behind your little ones' arrival?

It's amazing how quickly doctors can perform a successful emergency cesarean. What a relief it is to have such proficient medical experts looking after us!
I'm also grateful for the advancements in medicine and the dedication of healthcare professionals. Their quick actions can make all the difference, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of mum and baby. It's assuring to be in the care of capable hands during such vulnerable moments. Share your stories, ladies! There's so much to learn from everyone's experiences, it's truly fascinating.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I'm also grateful for the advancements in medicine and the dedication of healthcare professionals. Their quick actions can make all the difference, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of mum and baby. It's assuring to be in the care of capable hands during such vulnerable moments. Share your stories, ladies! There's so much to learn from everyone's experiences, it's truly fascinating.
I had a pretty standard birth with my daughter. But what happened the following day was unconventional. My daughter and I were resting when the midwives suddenly rushed into the room, looking worried. They checked my daughter's condition quickly and called for the doctor urgently. Turns out, my newborn had jaundice, and her bills were extremely high. The pediatrician told me later that it was one of the most severe cases she had seen. My daughter was immediately put under special lighting and given treatment. It was touch and go over the next few days, with my little one suffering some seizures due to bilirubin toxicity. It was terrifying for a new mom like me! But fortunately, she pulled through and returned home with me healthy after a week. That was quite the rollercoaster, which left me forever grateful for our robust healthcare system. New moms' worrying is not without reason sometimes!

Mums-to-be these days have it easier thanks to medical advances. Back in our time, it was all about trusting our bodies and hoping for the best - less intervention, but also less assurance of a smooth ride!

That's so true! While the level of medical care available today is incredible and undoubtedly saves lives, there's something to be said for the natural process too. There's an incredible amount of strength and resilience in our bodies which we often forget. Birth is such a primal, powerful experience - it's a real reminder of that!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Absolutely! Sometimes it's easy to forget that our bodies are capable of incredible things, and birth certainly reminds us of that. It's a very primal experience, and the strength and determination needed (and often exhibited!) during birth is a wonderful reminder of the power of the female body especially. What an amazing topic to reflect on!

That's so true! While the level of medical care available today is incredible and undoubtedly saves lives, there's something to be said for the natural process too. There's an incredible amount of strength and resilience in our bodies which we often forget. Birth is such a primal, powerful experience - it's a real reminder of that!
it's a good thing that today's expecting mothers have more options and access to resources should any challenges arise. It's a lucky break for many that interventions and medical procedures can step in to help where nature cannot - it's a very empowering thought! But, as you say, the natural process of birth is also something to marvel at and should never be understated. What an amazing and powerful experience to go through.

The human body is incredibly fascinating, and birth is one of those truly wondrous and strong acts that reminds us of what we're capable of. There's a certain raw beauty in it.

The natural way does sound appealing. I've heard of hypnobirth and waterbirths which seem to focus on keeping the process as natural as possible. seems like an incredible experience to rely solely on your body's strength during birth and to tap into that primal power! Would love to hear from moms who have had such births.

Reactions: techsavvy
The natural way does sound appealing. I've heard of hypnobirth and waterbirths which seem to focus on keeping the process as natural as possible. seems like an incredible experience to rely solely on your body's strength during birth and to tap into that primal power! Would love to hear from moms who have had such births.
I envisioned a natural birth with essential oils and calm music but prepared for all possibilities. As it turns out, my labor progressed swiftly, and I barely made it to the hospital in time. Luckily, there were no interventions needed, and my body took over with an intensity that amazed me. It was such a powerful experience, feeling the contractions and knowing each one brought me closer to meeting my baby. Raw, intense, and utterly incredible - those sensations will forever be etched in my memory!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet and cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu