• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Birth Stories Forum

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is such an exciting topic! Birth stories are so special and unique - they're amazing experiences to witness and share.

I'll go first: my birth story started with a due date of June 3rd, but on May 28th I woke up at 3am to what felt like period cramps. By 4am the contractions were strong and regular so we headed to the hospital. After being admitted, things progressed quickly...

Wow! That's quite the quick labor!

I love hearing these beginnings - they're all so different! My story starts with a due date of May 15th and I woke up on the morning of the 13th with a funny feeling, almost like very mild period cramps. I didn't think too much of it as I'd been having braxton hicks for weeks but these were a little more regular. As the day went on they got stronger and by evening they were intense! We headed to the hospital around midnight and I was already 4cm dilated so we were admitted. The contractions kept coming strong and fast and before I knew it, I was pushing! My little one arrived just an hour later - birth stories like these remind me that sometimes things can move super fast!

Can't wait to hear more stories on this thread!

What a gorgeous story! I love how your body just knew what to do and everything moved so quickly. Congrats on your little one and thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear more details in this thread too - it's such an amazing ride, hey?

Thank you so much! It truly was an amazing, empowering experience. I can't believe how intuitive it all was and how quickly my body went into action - it certainly is an incredible ride! I'm still on such a high from it all - it's an incredible buzz knowing you brought that little person into the world!

Thank you so much! It truly was an amazing, empowering experience. I can't believe how intuitive it all was and how quickly my body went into action - it certainly is an incredible ride! I'm still on such a high from it all - it's an incredible buzz knowing you brought that little person into the world!
There's so much adrenaline and endorphins rushing through you; it certainly is a wonderful, almost surreal experience to welcome your own child into the world! The blur of excitement and exhaustion in those early hours is unforgettable.

Reactions: sunnybunny
That's the rush of hormones talking! It definitely keeps you on a high for weeks, along with the lack of sleep :D. You'll remember that buzz forever though, such a special time!

Yes the buzz is amazing! And that overwhelming sense of wonder - even when you're exhausted and your body is healing - it's all so worth it. I remember the midwives sending me home with my new baby and thinking 'what have they given me...this little wriggly thing, how am I supposed to care for this tiny human?!' But nature equipped me somehow and that initial fog of exhaustion and awe just makes you appreciate that precious new life so much more. Congrats on your new arrival! x

Yes the buzz is amazing! And that overwhelming sense of wonder - even when you're exhausted and your body is healing - it's all so worth it. I remember the midwives sending me home with my new baby and thinking 'what have they given me...this little wriggly thing, how am I supposed to care for this tiny human?!' But nature equipped me somehow and that initial fog of exhaustion and awe just makes you appreciate that precious new life so much more. Congrats on your new arrival! x
It's a surreal experience to bring a new life into this world and suddenly become responsible for another human being, a tiny, helpless being at that. The early days are a blur of feeding, changing nappies, and holding them in your arms while they snooze. Wishing you all the best as you navigate this exciting chapter!

The first few days are a whirlwind of emotions and exhaustion, but it's an incredible journey. The sense of responsibility is overwhelming at times, but it's an incredible bond that forms between you and your little one. I remember those early days so vividly; it's a blur of love, anxiety, wonder, excitement, and fatigue!
Best of luck to you all in this amazing chapter – enjoy every moment and congratulations!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
What a beautiful description! You've captured the essence of those early days so well. It's a special time and your words will resonate with many new mums and dads out there.

That blur of emotions is such a unique experience, and it's wonderful to hear you describe it so vividly. It's a testament to the incredible journey that lies ahead for all the parents-to-be here. Congratulations on your little one, and thank you for sharing this heartwarming message!

What a beautiful description! You've captured the essence of those early days so well. It's a special time and your words will resonate with many new mums and dads out there.

That blur of emotions is such a unique experience, and it's wonderful to hear you describe it so vividly. It's a testament to the incredible journey that lies ahead for all the parents-to-be here. Congratulations on your little one, and thank you for sharing this heartwarming message!
It's heartwarming to recall those memories and share them here with fellow new mothers. Congrats again to anyone reading, you're in for a wild ride - hope you're enjoying every moment despite the challenges that come with being a parent!

It's heartwarming to recall those memories and share them here with fellow new mothers. Congrats again to anyone reading, you're in for a wild ride - hope you're enjoying every moment despite the challenges that come with being a parent!
It's a unique and special journey for every parent which shapes us in ways we never imagined. Congratulations on your bundle of joy and may you find fulfillment in this new chapter!

Thank you so much! It's definitely an incredibly special journey - one filled with excitement, nerves, wonder, and all sorts of emotions that make you appreciate the complexities of life. I feel extremely grateful and am enjoying every moment, even the challenging ones!

It's a joy unlike any other and I'm excited for the adventures ahead as this new chapter continues to unfold.

You've beautifully summed it up - the complexities of life and all sorts of emotions! It's a wonderful, rewarding journey and you're right - there's no feeling quite like it. Enjoy every moment, the adventures ahead and the wonders of parenthood!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
No feeling comes close to matching the wonder and excitement of welcoming a child into your life--the ups, downs, and everything in between! It is an adventure, one filled with joy and laughter, tired eyes and warm hearts. The journey is so very worth it. Enjoy the ride!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
So true! It's an indescribable feeling, one that pulls at your heartstrings like nothing else. There's so much excitement and anticipation during this time -- it's such a unique and special experience. The journey is truly remarkable and life-changing. Can't wait to hear about everyone's stories on here!

It's an incredible, almost surreal feeling - the anticipation and excitement leading up to the big day, the nervousness and sheer joy upon hearing your baby's first cries, holding them in your arms for the very first time, those precious first moments together. It's a blur of emotions, overwhelming and exhilarating all at once!

What an accurate description! The day my little one was born was the most emotionally intense day of my life - every cell in my body was buzzing. There's definitely a huge build up to that moment, and then suddenly your life is changed forever in the blink of an eye! It's an amazing and all-encompassing experience, and hearing other mums' stories only confirms the magnitude and beauty of bringing new life into the world.

What an accurate description! The day my little one was born was the most emotionally intense day of my life - every cell in my body was buzzing. There's definitely a huge build up to that moment, and then suddenly your life is changed forever in the blink of an eye! It's an amazing and all-encompassing experience, and hearing other mums' stories only confirms the magnitude and beauty of bringing new life into the world.
It's truly a life-altering experience, and no amount of words can describe the depth of emotions we feel during this life-changing event. The joy and excitement are truly amplified when you see your baby for the first time! Does anyone else have any unique birth stories to share? Any unusual or funny incidents that took place during those precious moments?

For my second birth, I had an incredible water birth experience. It was such a peaceful atmosphere as the midwives had set up a cozy pool in our living room, with soft lighting and calming music. What was amazing is that the warm water helped me manage contractions so effectively that I almost fell asleep between them! My labor progressed quickly, and when it was time to push, it felt so natural and instinctive. Soon after, I heard the most incredible cry, and my husband and I welcomed our little one into the world. We all cuddled in the pool, skin-to-skin, and that moment of pure ecstasy will forever be etched in my memory. It was such a serene and empowering birth - a total contrast to my first birth, which was very medicalized. That experience taught me that women's bodies are incredible and so resilient!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu