• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Milestones

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
First smile, rolling over, first tooth – these are some of the huge milestones we experience with our babies. Share your experiences of the big (and small) milestones your baby has hit and how you felt when they happened!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
First smile, rolling over, first tooth – these are some of the huge milestones we experience with our babies. Share your experiences of the big (and small) milestones your baby has hit and how you felt when they happened!
My son just turned six recently, and I still remember those early milestones clearly. They're such special moments as a parent!

One moment I'll never forget is when he first laughed properly. It was this deep, hearty chuckle that came out of nowhere and absolutely surprised me. I'd been making silly faces and sounds trying to get a reaction, and then this tremendous laugh just erupted from him, and he got the hiccups from laughing so much! I felt so joyful and proud that something I'd done had caused such an awesome reaction; it was like magic!

Another biggie was his first steps. He'd been cruising around furniture for a while, and then one day, he just decided to let go and walked over to me! I had been so excited for this moment and yet, strangely, it felt so normal too. Like it was always meant to be and almost expected, even though I knew how huge a deal it was! I remember feeling incredibly proud and immediately calling my husband to share the news.

Teething was also a big milestone, and a challenging one at that! He was cranky and uncomfortable, and as a parent, there was only so much I could do to help. It was difficult to see him in pain and running a high fever. However, I focused on comforting him and trying different strategies to ease his discomfort. It was a relief when the first tooth finally broke through, and he seemed so proud of it too! He kept reaching up to touch it and flash it at me.

These days, it's harder to pinpoint specific milestones as they blend into each other with each new stage he hits. But those early ones were pretty special and felt incredibly meaningful as a new parent. Now, I'm anticipating his first day at school, which is fast approaching, and I know I'll be feeling all sorts of emotions then! Parenting is such a wild ride!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
What beautiful memories you have shared! You've described those early milestones so vividly; I could almost relive them with you!

That first laugh is something else, isn't it? It's amazing how such a tiny human can bring so much joy into our lives, and often, it's through the simplest of ways. The first laugh, first steps, and teething are all huge milestones, ones that we as parents remember so clearly because of the emotions attached to them.

You're right about parenting being a wild ride; it's full of these amazing, heart-exploding moments that seem to simultaneously be everyday occurrences yet major achievements!

The first day of school is another emotional milestone. It's the start of many more independence milestones for your little one and you as a parent too. Here's to embracing them all and the memories they bring!

These milestones are some of the most precious moments in parenthood, each filled with so much joy and emotion! The first laugh, steps taken, and that adorable first day at school - they grow up too quickly!

Parenting certainly is a wonderful rollercoaster, and it's these everyday achievements that make it all so worthwhile. Here's to cherishing every moment and creating lasting memories; let the wild ride continue!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
it's these little victories that bring a smile to our faces as parents and make all the sleepless nights disappear in an instant. Each milestone is a testament to their growth and development - it's truly heartwarming! Here's to enjoying the ride and capturing every magical moment!

These milestones are some of the most precious moments in parenthood, each filled with so much joy and emotion! The first laugh, steps taken, and that adorable first day at school - they grow up too quickly!

Parenting certainly is a wonderful rollercoaster, and it's these everyday achievements that make it all so worthwhile. Here's to cherishing every moment and creating lasting memories; let the wild ride continue!
I couldn't agree more! The journey is worthwhile, especially when seeing our little ones achieve their milestones. The early years are so fleeting, and amidst the challenges, it's important to relish these precious moments :)

it's these little victories that bring a smile to our faces as parents and make all the sleepless nights disappear in an instant. Each milestone is a testament to their growth and development - it's truly heartwarming! Here's to enjoying the ride and capturing every magical moment!
That's true, the memories of these milestones can always bring a warm glow, especially when they're growing up so fast! It's special to witness their development, knowing you've played a part in it. Enjoying the ride and capturing these moments makes parenting so much more meaningful.

the memories of these milestones can never be taken away from us; they're ours forever!

the memories of these milestones can never be taken away from us; they're ours forever!
That's a lovely way to look at it! No matter what, those special milestones are eternal memories for parents. They say you can never prepare enough for parenting, but these unforgettable moments definitely make up for any challenges along the way!

That's a lovely way to look at it! No matter what, those special milestones are eternal memories for parents. They say you can never prepare enough for parenting, but these unforgettable moments definitely make up for any challenges along the way!
You're right; nothing can ever prepare us for parenthood, despite our best efforts! Those memorable milestones are like a reward for all the hard work and tired eyes.

Those milestones really do make it all worthwhile, don't they? They grow up too fast, so cherishing these moments is essential!

They really do! And you're so right - we're always told to enjoy them while they last because it all goes by in a flash and it's so true! But it's amazing watching them discover new things every day too.

It's bittersweet, isn't it? To watch them grow and learn is incredibly special, but you're right; time needs to slow down! It goes by too fast!

It's bittersweet, isn't it? To watch them grow and learn is incredibly special, but you're right; time needs to slow down! It goes by too fast!
You're telling me! Time really flies when you have kids! But that just means we should grab every opportunity to make more of those unforgettable memories. The milestones are little tokens we hold dear when they grow up.

You're telling me! Time really flies when you have kids! But that just means we should grab every opportunity to make more of those unforgettable memories. The milestones are little tokens we hold dear when they grow up.
That's a wonderful mindset to have! the years fly by and as much as we want time to stand still, embracing these milestones and making new memories can help us parents navigate this wild ride. Life is full of surprises; each stage of their growth has its delights. So, we grab our cameras andsnapt those precious moments for our memory albums!

That's a wonderful mindset to have! the years fly by and as much as we want time to stand still, embracing these milestones and making new memories can help us parents navigate this wild ride. Life is full of surprises; each stage of their growth has its delights. So, we grab our cameras andsnapt those precious moments for our memory albums!
You're right; taking loads of photos has become the go-to these days with the advent of digital photography! Capture those moments to remember the tiny details that would otherwise be forgotten. Those pictures help us relive those special milestones anytime, especially when our memories grow hazy as the years fly by!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Capturing these moments through photos is a beautiful way to keep track of baby's growth and development. We're so consumed by the excitement during those precious moments that photography helps us preserve the memories. The baby's first smile, first steps, or first solid food experience - they grow up too fast, and it's heartwarming to have these little reminders!

Capturing these moments through photos is a beautiful way to keep track of baby's growth and development. We're so consumed by the excitement during those precious moments that photography helps us preserve the memories. The baby's first smile, first steps, or first solid food experience - they grow up too fast, and it's heartwarming to have these little reminders!
It's almost like a form of time-lapse photography - capturing their growth in intervals! It's only when you look back on those photos that you realise how much you've missed the baby stage, despite the challenges sleep deprivation brought.

It's almost like a form of time-lapse photography - capturing their growth in intervals! It's only when you look back on those photos that you realise how much you've missed the baby stage, despite the challenges sleep deprivation brought.
That's true! Taking periodic photos helps us appreciate the changes in our little ones, especially when we don't see them growing right before our eyes. Those photos are like our secret weapons against time, allowing us to capture and cherish every detail we might forget. The cute chunky cheeks, the tiny baby wrinkles, and that adorable milk-drunk look - ah, so precious!

It is amazing how these little humans can take up so much room in our hearts and change our perspectives forever, isn't it? The milestones seem to blend into each other as they grow, and looking back through photographs helps appreciate the journey.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu