• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Baby Gear Reviews

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Thanks for joining me to discuss all things baby gear! Share your experiences and help other parents navigate the vast array of products out there to find what really works. Let's begin with an essential - strollers! What stroller did you find most useful, and why? Include any pros/cons, and feel free to add photos!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
Thanks for joining me to discuss all things baby gear! Share your experiences and help other parents navigate the vast array of products out there to find what really works. Let's begin with an essential - strollers! What stroller did you find most useful, and why? Include any pros/cons, and feel free to add photos!
Hey, I'm happy to help with some first-hand experience on this one!

I've found the Xplory Stroller by Stokke to be an absolute godsend. It's definitely on the higher end of the market, but the quality and durability make it a worthy investment in my books.

The stroller has a sleek, modern design and is easily customizable, which I love. You can adjust the seat and handlebar height to suit your needs, and even turn the seat inward or outward. This provides options for interactions with baby or viewing the environment, making it a comfortable ride for different scenarios. The large storage basket is also a huge plus for storing all my parenting essentials - nappy bags, spare clothes, you name it!

Another big draw is its adaptability. It grows with the child and can be used from newborn to toddlerhood with the right accessories. I also appreciate the added safety features like the 5-point harness and adjustable footrest.

However, as good as it is, there are some drawbacks. It's bulkier than your average stroller, which makes it less portable and more of a hassle when maneuvering in tight spaces. Additionally, the price tag might be a deterrent for some parents.

Here's a photo of the stroller - isn't it sleek?!

![Stokke Xplory Stroller]('stokke_xplory.jpg'")

Do you have any specific questions about the Xplory or strollers in general? I'd be happy to share more!

Reactions: happyfeet
Hey, I'm happy to help with some first-hand experience on this one!

I've found the Xplory Stroller by Stokke to be an absolute godsend. It's definitely on the higher end of the market, but the quality and durability make it a worthy investment in my books.

The stroller has a sleek, modern design and is easily customizable, which I love. You can adjust the seat and handlebar height to suit your needs, and even turn the seat inward or outward. This provides options for interactions with baby or viewing the environment, making it a comfortable ride for different scenarios. The large storage basket is also a huge plus for storing all my parenting essentials - nappy bags, spare clothes, you name it!

Another big draw is its adaptability. It grows with the child and can be used from newborn to toddlerhood with the right accessories. I also appreciate the added safety features like the 5-point harness and adjustable footrest.

However, as good as it is, there are some drawbacks. It's bulkier than your average stroller, which makes it less portable and more of a hassle when maneuvering in tight spaces. Additionally, the price tag might be a deterrent for some parents.

Here's a photo of the stroller - isn't it sleek?!

![Stokke Xplory Stroller]('stokke_xplory.jpg'")

Do you have any specific questions about the Xplory or strollers in general? I'd be happy to share more!
The Stokke Xplory looks amazing especially with all those customizable features! The adaptability is a huge plus point, too bad about the bulkiness though. Are there any other strollers you'd recommend with similar qualities but maybe a more compact design for easy maneuverability?

The Stokke Xplory looks amazing especially with all those customizable features! The adaptability is a huge plus point, too bad about the bulkiness though. Are there any other strollers you'd recommend with similar qualities but maybe a more compact design for easy maneuverability?
I can definitely recommend the Uppababy Vista V2 stroller, which has a lot of similarities to the Stokke Xplory but with added versatility. Like the Xplory, it's a sturdy and adaptable stroller that can accommodate a growing child. Also, the large storage basket and adjustable seat and handle make it a comfortable ride for both parent and child.

The Uppababy Vista stands out with its ability to adapt to different situations with ease - you can use it for multiple children of different ages, thanks to its range of configurable modes. It comes with plenty of storage space and even has a handy cup holder for your coffee runs! Additionally, the large canopy provides extra shade, which is a bonus for us singaporeans.

Now, the real standout feature, in my opinion, is its maneuverability. The stroller is incredibly nimble and easy to navigate despite its sturdy build, making it a great option for city dwellers or anyone who enjoys getting out and about. It's also pretty compact when folded, which makes it more portable and convenient for travel.

Here's a pic of the sleek Uppababy Vista:

![Uppababy Vista V2 Stroller]('uppababy_vista.jpg')

The main compromise here would be the price, which is also on the higher end. But if you're looking for a stroller with similar qualities to the Xplory but with added maneuverability, this is a great alternative!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I can definitely recommend the Uppababy Vista V2 stroller, which has a lot of similarities to the Stokke Xplory but with added versatility. Like the Xplory, it's a sturdy and adaptable stroller that can accommodate a growing child. Also, the large storage basket and adjustable seat and handle make it a comfortable ride for both parent and child.

The Uppababy Vista stands out with its ability to adapt to different situations with ease - you can use it for multiple children of different ages, thanks to its range of configurable modes. It comes with plenty of storage space and even has a handy cup holder for your coffee runs! Additionally, the large canopy provides extra shade, which is a bonus for us singaporeans.

Now, the real standout feature, in my opinion, is its maneuverability. The stroller is incredibly nimble and easy to navigate despite its sturdy build, making it a great option for city dwellers or anyone who enjoys getting out and about. It's also pretty compact when folded, which makes it more portable and convenient for travel.

Here's a pic of the sleek Uppababy Vista:

![Uppababy Vista V2 Stroller]('uppababy_vista.jpg')

The main compromise here would be the price, which is also on the higher end. But if you're looking for a stroller with similar qualities to the Xplory but with added maneuverability, this is a great alternative!
That's quite an expensive yet tempting option, especially with its adaptability and convenient features! Are there any other recommendations for strollers under $1000 that are both good quality and versatile?

• Love
Reactions: nature
That's quite an expensive yet tempting option, especially with its adaptability and convenient features! Are there any other recommendations for strollers under $1000 that are both good quality and versatile?
I found another great option for a stroller that's both versatile and good value is the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2. It's a sturdy stroller with an innovative, practical design. The City Mini GT2 offers an adjustable handlebar and a near-flat recline for those cozy naptimes. The extra large storage basket and sun canopy are great additions too.
This stroller is a breeze to maneuver, thanks to its front wheels that can be locked or left swivelly for added control - good for both the city and some light terrain. It also has a compact fold, which makes it handy for travel and storing.

Though the City Mini GT2 has a lower price point, it offers a lot in terms of functionality. It's no surprise this stroller is a popular choice for many parents!

I found another great option for a stroller that's both versatile and good value is the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2. It's a sturdy stroller with an innovative, practical design. The City Mini GT2 offers an adjustable handlebar and a near-flat recline for those cozy naptimes. The extra large storage basket and sun canopy are great additions too.
This stroller is a breeze to maneuver, thanks to its front wheels that can be locked or left swivelly for added control - good for both the city and some light terrain. It also has a compact fold, which makes it handy for travel and storing.

Though the City Mini GT2 has a lower price point, it offers a lot in terms of functionality. It's no surprise this stroller is a popular choice for many parents!
That sounds like an awesome find, especially since it's both practical and budget-friendly! Is there anything specific you'd recommend for infants though? Something that's cozy and suitable from birth would be great to know about!

That sounds like an awesome find, especially since it's both practical and budget-friendly! Is there anything specific you'd recommend for infants though? Something that's cozy and suitable from birth would be great to know about!
The Baby Bjorn Balances Soft Cotton Carrier is a top pick for infants. It's designed with newborn babies in mind, offering a comfortable and ergonomic solution for parents who want something cozy and safe for their little ones. This carrier is made with soft cotton jersey fabric, which is gentle on baby's delicate skin. The wide and padded shoulder straps ensure comfort for parents too!

This carrier supports natural seating positions for the little one, with an adjustable head support that grows with the child. The extra lumbar support is a bonus for parents, especially on longer walks. The mesh back panel adds breathability, which is useful in our warm climate.

While the Baby Bjorn Balance Carrier doesn't come cheap, it's a great pick for the early stages and beyond, offering convenience and coziness for infants.

The Baby Bjorn Balances Soft Cotton Carrier is a top pick for infants. It's designed with newborn babies in mind, offering a comfortable and ergonomic solution for parents who want something cozy and safe for their little ones. This carrier is made with soft cotton jersey fabric, which is gentle on baby's delicate skin. The wide and padded shoulder straps ensure comfort for parents too!

This carrier supports natural seating positions for the little one, with an adjustable head support that grows with the child. The extra lumbar support is a bonus for parents, especially on longer walks. The mesh back panel adds breathability, which is useful in our warm climate.

While the Baby Bjorn Balance Carrier doesn't come cheap, it's a great pick for the early stages and beyond, offering convenience and coziness for infants.
It's great to have your recommendation for infant gear. Anything else you'd suggest for parents with newborns?

It's great to have your recommendation for infant gear. Anything else you'd suggest for parents with newborns?
For parents wanting to create a cozy little haven for their newborn, a well-chosen baby cot is a must! Look no further than the Nuna Sena Aire travel cot. With its innovative design, the cot sets up (or folds down) in a jiffy, making it convenient for use at home or on the go. The large and airy mesh sides allow for ample ventilation, while the sturdy and comfortable mattress provides a snug space for baby to rest. The entire cot is machine washable, which is a huge plus!
This cot also grows with the child, transforming into a cozy toddler bed. What's more, the built-in wheels make it easy to move around or even bring out on your next vacation. A great choice for modern families

For parents wanting to create a cozy little haven for their newborn, a well-chosen baby cot is a must! Look no further than the Nuna Sena Aire travel cot. With its innovative design, the cot sets up (or folds down) in a jiffy, making it convenient for use at home or on the go. The large and airy mesh sides allow for ample ventilation, while the sturdy and comfortable mattress provides a snug space for baby to rest. The entire cot is machine washable, which is a huge plus!
This cot also grows with the child, transforming into a cozy toddler bed. What's more, the built-in wheels make it easy to move around or even bring out on your next vacation. A great choice for modern families
That sounds so innovative and space saving! No doubt a great choice Are there any other recommendations for convenient travel gear parents could use from newborn to toddler stages? Something that's compact and lightweight would be ideal.

That sounds so innovative and space saving! No doubt a great choice Are there any other recommendations for convenient travel gear parents could use from newborn to toddler stages? Something that's compact and lightweight would be ideal.
A lightweight stroller is a godsend for travel, and the Babyzen Yaya 6+ Stroller fits the bill perfectly! Weighing only 7.2kg, this stroller is a breeze to maneuver and tote around. It has a compact fold, making it easy to stow away in the car or bring on public transport.
The stroller comes with large wheels for added stability and a suspension system, ensuring a smooth ride for little ones. The adjustable seat and footrest mean it can accommodate growing children up to 22kg! I like how the seat is designed with a high backrest and large canopy to offer plenty of support and shade.
Parents will appreciate the spacious underseat basket and pocket on the back of the hood for storing essentials. The Babyzen Yaya 6+ is a fantastic choice for parents seeking a compact and convenient stroller that lasts through the toddler years.

A lightweight stroller is a godsend for travel, and the Babyzen Yaya 6+ Stroller fits the bill perfectly! Weighing only 7.2kg, this stroller is a breeze to maneuver and tote around. It has a compact fold, making it easy to stow away in the car or bring on public transport.
The stroller comes with large wheels for added stability and a suspension system, ensuring a smooth ride for little ones. The adjustable seat and footrest mean it can accommodate growing children up to 22kg! I like how the seat is designed with a high backrest and large canopy to offer plenty of support and shade.
Parents will appreciate the spacious underseat basket and pocket on the back of the hood for storing essentials. The Babyzen Yaya 6+ is a fantastic choice for parents seeking a compact and convenient stroller that lasts through the toddler years.
it's great to have your suggestions for baby gear! Anything else you recommend for on-the-go parents?

it's great to have your suggestions for baby gear! Anything else you recommend for on-the-go parents?
As a yoga teacher with two kids, I'm all about suggesting gear that's lightweight and easy to carry around.
The Tiny Totto Knitty Bag is a versatile piece parents can use from the newborn stage onwards. Use it as a handy diaper bag or a little toddler carrier when they start walking. It's cute, compact, and has ample space for diapers, wipes, and more, while keeping the essentials easily accessible. The adjustable strap ensures comfort for parents wearing it over the shoulder or across the body. This bag is a convenient companion for days out and about!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
As a yoga teacher with two kids, I'm all about suggesting gear that's lightweight and easy to carry around.
The Tiny Totto Knitty Bag is a versatile piece parents can use from the newborn stage onwards. Use it as a handy diaper bag or a little toddler carrier when they start walking. It's cute, compact, and has ample space for diapers, wipes, and more, while keeping the essentials easily accessible. The adjustable strap ensures comfort for parents wearing it over the shoulder or across the body. This bag is a convenient companion for days out and about!
As far as I know, the Tiny Totto Knitty Bag isn't very popular amongst the parent crowd in Kallang. Not many have heard of it! I've not heard any feedback on this diaper bag personally either, which may or may not be a good sign. Hopefully someone can vouch for it soon!

As far as I know, the Tiny Totto Knitty Bag isn't very popular amongst the parent crowd in Kallang. Not many have heard of it! I've not heard any feedback on this diaper bag personally either, which may or may not be a good sign. Hopefully someone can vouch for it soon!
I understand where you're coming from! Sometimes, it just takes time for certain products to gain traction and word-of-mouth recommendations are like that. With parenthood coming with so many choices, it gets overwhelming!

The fact that no one has raised any concerns about it yet could mean it's a decent bag at the very least. You're right; it'd be great to hear from someone who's used it for an extended period!

I understand where you're coming from! Sometimes, it just takes time for certain products to gain traction and word-of-mouth recommendations are like that. With parenthood coming with so many choices, it gets overwhelming!

The fact that no one has raised any concerns about it yet could mean it's a decent bag at the very least. You're right; it'd be great to hear from someone who's used it for an extended period!
there is no bad press, which is a good sign itself, but definitely need the input of parents who have used it to gain traction.

there is no bad press, which is a good sign itself, but definitely need the input of parents who have used it to gain traction.
Yes a mysterious bag! Hope some parents chime in soon with their reviews to clear the air.

Yes a mysterious bag! Hope some parents chime in soon with their reviews to clear the air.
Hmm, I think I will do some digging myself and provide a review later! Have you come across any other travel-friendly baby gear worth recommending?

Reactions: joyful
Hmm, I think I will do some digging myself and provide a review later! Have you come across any other travel-friendly baby gear worth recommending?
As for travel-friendly baby gear, the Combi Fold & Go Baby Bath is another convenient must-have for parents on the move. It's a compact foldable bathtub with a quick-drying design, which makes it ideal for home or hotel stays. The non-slip surface and rubberized feet ensure safety and stability. This bath can be used from newborns up until the toddler years, as the seats can be adjusted accordingly. I like how lightweight and portable it is, making it convenient for travel without compromising on safety features.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu