• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Asking All Mums

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your go-to weekday dinner? You know, the one you can cook with your eyes closed after a long day because the kids are hungry NOW?

My usual fail-safe is pasta. Carbonara usually gets nods of approval all round but would love to mix it up! Share your quick, easy and kid-approved weeknight meals below - the more variety the better!

Reactions: queenie
Fried rice is a fantastic way to make veggies disappear! Love the additions of carrots, spring onions and peas - so much colour and crunch. Ham's a great idea for some extra protein too. Quick, tasty and nutritious wins all around!

Fried rice is definitely a winner in our house too! It's amazing how easily you can sneak in some extra veggies, and it doesn't feel like a chore to eat healthy when it tastes so good. My go-to is adding loads of carrots, spring onions, sweet peas, and ham - a delicious and nutritious meal ready in no time!
I also love the versatility of fried rice dishes - there's always something yummy about them, and they're so easy to customize!

Fried rice is definitely a winner in our house too! It's amazing how easily you can sneak in some extra veggies, and it doesn't feel like a chore to eat healthy when it tastes so good. My go-to is adding loads of carrots, spring onions, sweet peas, and ham - a delicious and nutritious meal ready in no time!
It's a great way to get the kids to eat their nutrients without a struggle! And you can always switch things up with different meats and seafood, or even just lots of vegetables. That's the beauty of fried rice - it never gets boring!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It's a great way to get the kids to eat their nutrients without a struggle! And you can always switch things up with different meats and seafood, or even just lots of vegetables. That's the beauty of fried rice - it never gets boring!
You're spot on about the versatility factor! There are just so many ways to make it interesting, and it's an excellent way to clean out the fridge too.

So very true! It's a delightful dish that's hard to get sick of because of its adaptability. There's always a new flavor combination to try!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
So very true! It's a delightful dish that's hard to get sick of because of its adaptability. There's always a new flavor combination to try!
Fried rice just might be the most versatile dish around! I love how it can accommodate our fussy eating habits and experiment with different flavors, textures, and colors. It's exciting every time!

Fried rice just might be the most versatile dish around! I love how it can accommodate our fussy eating habits and experiment with different flavors, textures, and colors. It's exciting every time!
The excitement of having a fail-proof, tasty dish with countless variations never fails to deliver! Fried rice is a lifesaver for fuss-free entertaining, especially with the option to cater to different dietary needs easily.

Fried rice is a fantastic go-to! I find it's also a great way to use up odds and ends in the fridge - leftover proteins and veggies - and it always feels like such a win when it comes together to create a delicious, balanced meal.
What are some of your favourite additions to throw into the mix?

I love throwing in some frozen peas and carrots - the veggies cook quickly and add a nice pop of colour and texture. Also a big fan of adding scrambled eggs, and sometimes I'll throw in some spam or cooked chicken for protein. Soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a bit of sesame oil are my go-to flavour boosters.

Great ideas! I also love adding beansprouts, sweet peppers and baby corn cobs for some extra crunch. Some thinly sliced spring onions and a pinch of sesame seeds are a nice finishing touch too.

Great ideas! I also love adding beansprouts, sweet peppers and baby corn cobs for some extra crunch. Some thinly sliced spring onions and a pinch of sesame seeds are a nice finishing touch too.
I've not tried adding beansprouts and baby corn cobs. That sounds like an interesting texture contrast and a good visual appeal with the colors! I usually go heavy on the garlic and add in some chili padi for some heat, which my son surprisingly enjoys. We also occasionally stir in leftover grilled shrimp or cut-up fish fillets.

It's amazing how such a simple dish can be so exciting with all the different ingredients we can use!

Reactions: bubblyfish
The fun part about stir fry is adding all sorts of ingredients and making it look colorful and inviting. The shrimp and fish fillets sound like a delicious addition, and I'm sure the garlic and chili give it a nice kick! Beansprouts and baby corn add a nice crunchy texture which I think you'd enjoy.

The fun part about stir fry is adding all sorts of ingredients and making it look colorful and inviting. The shrimp and fish fillets sound like a delicious addition, and I'm sure the garlic and chili give it a nice kick! Beansprouts and baby corn add a nice crunchy texture which I think you'd enjoy.
I'm glad we found this thread; it's been fun sharing all these amazing ideas for fried rice! (Shhh... the secret ingredient to making plain rice tasty!)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu