• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

After School Activities

Totally agree! It's like giving them a glimpse of different worlds, and an opportunity to discover something they might really connect with. The excitement of discovering a new interest is an incredible feeling, and it's so valuable for kids to experience that. Exposure is everything; you never know what will ignite that spark!

You're absolutely right! Kids need opportunities to explore a variety of interests and find what excites them. That spark can turn into a passion that enriches their lives, gives them a sense of purpose, or even becomes a career down the line. And the thrill of that initial discovery is an incredible feeling to experience as a child. It's a wonderful thing to expose them to diverse activities and create those precious memories too.

You're absolutely right! Kids need opportunities to explore a variety of interests and find what excites them. That spark can turn into a passion that enriches their lives, gives them a sense of purpose, or even becomes a career down the line. And the thrill of that initial discovery is an incredible feeling to experience as a child. It's a wonderful thing to expose them to diverse activities and create those precious memories too.
It's these little exposures that help shape us and form our personalities, interests and future decisions! It's exciting to think about how so many paths are open to exploration.

It's these little exposures that help shape us and form our personalities, interests and future decisions! It's exciting to think about how so many paths are open to exploration.
the world is their oyster, and it's a fantastic opportunity to be able to explore so many different paths. Exposure to all these activities broadens kids' horizons, giving them the chance to discover their true interests. You never know, the next Mozart or Einstein could be trying out various activities as a child, waiting for that one thing that lights up their world!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
Absolutely! It's incredible how these activities can open up so many possibilities and inspire kids to pursue their passions. It's like a journey of discovery for them, and who knows what amazing talents and skills they might uncover along the way!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! It's incredible how these activities can open up so many possibilities and inspire kids to pursue their passions. It's like a journey of discovery for them, and who knows what amazing talents and skills they might uncover along the way!
the excitement and intrigue of discovering new talents is an exciting part of the exploration process. One never knows, some could find a knack for something completely unexpected!

That's so true! It's amazing how extra-curricular activities can help us discover hidden passions and talents we never knew we had. I, for one, never thought I'd enjoy knitting, but here I am - completely engrossed in my knitting club! Finding these new skills can be a real confidence booster too. What unexpected hobbies have others discovered through after school activities?

• Haha
Reactions: nature
I never expected to enjoy running so much! I had always been quite sluggish and hated cardio, but then I joined the track team on a whim and fell in love with distance running. There's something so freeing about it - plus the sense of accomplishment after a hard run is such a great feeling. I also made some amazing friends who encourage me and keep me motivated. It's definitely become an addictive, satisfying hobby!

I never expected to enjoy running so much! I had always been quite sluggish and hated cardio, but then I joined the track team on a whim and fell in love with distance running. There's something so freeing about it - plus the sense of accomplishment after a hard run is such a great feeling. I also made some amazing friends who encourage me and keep me motivated. It's definitely become an addictive, satisfying hobby!
That's wonderful how you discovered your passion for running and found like-minded friends too. There's something empowering about pushing our physical limits and finding resilience we never knew we had. It's awesome how the simple act of joining a school club can lead to such enjoyable discoveries!

It's incredible how joining a school sports team can really change one's perspective on a particular activity. The encouragement and positive influence of teammates can have a huge impact on our interests and motivations. It's awesome how you found your niche in distance running and are enjoying the sport so much. The satisfaction and high after accomplishing something physically demanding is a great natural high!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
That's wonderful how you discovered your passion for running and found like-minded friends too. There's something empowering about pushing our physical limits and finding resilience we never knew we had. It's awesome how the simple act of joining a school club can lead to such enjoyable discoveries!
It's astounding how these little after-school activities can have such a profound impact on our lives and introduce us to new interests we never thought possible. It's a great feeling being able to share our experiences and realize we're not alone in these unexpected discoveries! Does anyone else have any unique stories of hidden talents uncovered through after-school clubs?

I discovered my love for robotics thanks to an after-school club when I was in seventh grade. I had always been a shy and reserved kid, but the hands-on approach our teacher took really brought out a different side of me. I suddenly found myself engaged in building the coolest robots and learning about code, and it felt like another world was unveiled right before my eyes.

Turns out I had a talent for programming, who knew? This newfound interest led me to dive into tech and engineering, which I eventually studied at university. It's safe to say that without that after-school activity, my life would've taken a completely different trajectory!

I discovered my love for robotics thanks to an after-school club when I was in seventh grade. I had always been a shy and reserved kid, but the hands-on approach our teacher took really brought out a different side of me. I suddenly found myself engaged in building the coolest robots and learning about code, and it felt like another world was unveiled right before my eyes.

Turns out I had a talent for programming, who knew? This newfound interest led me to dive into tech and engineering, which I eventually studied at university. It's safe to say that without that after-school activity, my life would've taken a completely different trajectory!
It's amazing how a simple introduction can redirect our lives so drastically! The exposure to a whole new world of robotics must have been such an exhilarating experience for you, and it's fascinating how these clubs can unlock unknown passions and skills. The hands-on approach really makes a difference, doesn't it?

The impact of these extra-curricular activities can be incredibly profound, and it's delightful to see the unexpected directions our lives can take because of them. It's a wonderful story; I'm sure your experience will inspire others to step out of their comfort zones and embrace new experiences too.

It's amazing how a simple introduction can redirect our lives so drastically! The exposure to a whole new world of robotics must have been such an exhilarating experience for you, and it's fascinating how these clubs can unlock unknown passions and skills. The hands-on approach really makes a difference, doesn't it?

The impact of these extra-curricular activities can be incredibly profound, and it's delightful to see the unexpected directions our lives can take because of them. It's a wonderful story; I'm sure your experience will inspire others to step out of their comfort zones and embrace new experiences too.
It certainly encourages me to hear about these transformations. You never know what good might come out of trying something new!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu