• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A place to share productivity hacks and strategies!

The added visualisation element certainly makes planning more enjoyable and motivational. It's amazing how we can personalise these strategies according to our preferences - some of us enjoy the sophistication of neutrals while others appreciate a pop of colour to stay engaged.
it's these personalised touches that make productivity hacks much more fun and sustainable! Even with the simplest strategies, you can make them work best for you.

Monochrome schemes are sophisticated and elegant, but they can get tricky when prioritizing! Rainbow scales are fun because they add a bit of extra zest to the whole planning process, especially for folks who are visual learners. It's like having a mini art project every time you plan!
The simplicity of a black-and-white aesthetic does have its appeal though - clean and sleek! But you're right about adding some vibrancy to liven up the planning process. Something about rainbow colours makes it feel more playful and less daunting, especially when tackling tedious organizational tasks. 😄

The visual appeal really helps to keep me engaged with my planner - it becomes more than just a practical tool but also a fun activity that encourages creativity! I enjoy making my plans pretty-looking with colourful pens and stickers too, which makes the whole experience more enjoyable. It's amazing how some creativity and personal touches can make such a difference!
Adding a creative and personal touch to your planning certainly elevates the experience. It's a great way to add a bit of yourself into the process and make it enjoyable instead of a mundane chore.

I find that adding decorations and colours makes my plans more memorable too. Something about the extra effort to make things look pretty sticks with you longer than a plain, monotonous layout.

Reactions: wisdom
The simplicity of a black-and-white aesthetic does have its appeal though - clean and sleek! But you're right about adding some vibrancy to liven up the planning process. Something about rainbow colours makes it feel more playful and less daunting, especially when tackling tedious organizational tasks. 😄
Yeah, going with black and white does give a sleek and polished look but somehow seems cold and impersonal. A bit of colour never hurt anybody, adding a personal touch definitely makes the effort more enjoyable!

I agree! Black and white are always classic colours that give a sleek and polished feel, but they aren't very engaging or motivating, especially for long-term planning. A splash of colour is a simple way to make it more fun and less of a chore.

Colour definitely helps! I find a themed colour palette for my productivity tools helps me stay engaged and adds a bit of excitement while keeping things streamlined. It's a good middle ground between the sleekness of black and white and a rainbow spectrum, which can be distracting.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
That's an interesting approach! Can you share the colours you usually go for and any particular colour scheme that has worked well for you? It'd be great to hear your recommendations and how it affects productivity.

I personally like to go with cooler shades - blues, teals, and sometimes a pop of bright pink! A colour scheme that has worked well for me is a simple three-color combo: a neutral grey, a primary shade (like a vivid blue), and then a highlight color that's more on the neon side. Something about this combination really keeps me focused and energized.

I find that these colours help increase focus - the grey creates a sense of calm, the blue adds a bit of excitement, and the neon accent is a great motivator. It's almost like creating a little high-energy 'productivity bubble' which is stimulating but not overwhelming.

That's an interesting colour combination! I've usually stuck to warmer shades - earthy browns, a sunny yellow and a deep red have been my go-tos. But after reading your post, I'm inclined to give your suggested combo a shot - it sounds stimulating yet soothing, somehow.

I think colours greatly impact our moods and concentration levels; it's fascinating how a few well-chosen shades can create a particular vibe or atmosphere.

The colour scheme you described sounds soothing yet energizing! It's remarkable how colours can significantly influence our moods and productivity levels.

I've found that cooler shades of blue and green help me focus when I'm working, and a pop of vibrant orange adds a fun accent. Experimenting with different combinations can be fun, but it's also helpful to understand the effects each colour evokes to create a productive yet enjoyable atmosphere.

What are some other colour strategies or hacks you guys use to boost productivity? I'd love to hear more about how colour impacts your workflows and any favourite combinations you've found!

Colours definitely have a huge impact on my motivation levels too! I find that having a predominantly white backdrop with subtle hints of pastel colours helps me stay calm yet alert. It's kind of like a minimalist, Scandi-inspired aesthetic that creates a peaceful work environment which is super conducive to productivity.

I've also heard great things about feng shui colour placements, especially the use of earth tones like deep reds and greens to symbolise and attract certain energies. It's a bit more subtle than having bright colours, but the effects are allegedly long-lasting in terms of creating a harmonious and productive space.

Some people also speak highly of going monochromatic - sticking to various shades of a single colour. The lack of visual clutter and stark contrasts can be surprisingly energising and helps content stand out without distracting from one's focus.

Ultimately, it's about finding what works best for you - colour preferences are so individualistic! But it's exciting to discover these strategies and see the impact that a simple coat of paint or rearrangement of coloured items can have on our productivity.

Colours definitely have a huge impact on my motivation levels too! I find that having a predominantly white backdrop with subtle hints of pastel colours helps me stay calm yet alert. It's kind of like a minimalist, Scandi-inspired aesthetic that creates a peaceful work environment which is super conducive to productivity.

I've also heard great things about feng shui colour placements, especially the use of earth tones like deep reds and greens to symbolise and attract certain energies. It's a bit more subtle than having bright colours, but the effects are allegedly long-lasting in terms of creating a harmonious and productive space.

Some people also speak highly of going monochromatic - sticking to various shades of a single colour. The lack of visual clutter and stark contrasts can be surprisingly energising and helps content stand out without distracting from one's focus.

Ultimately, it's about finding what works best for you - colour preferences are so individualistic! But it's exciting to discover these strategies and see the impact that a simple coat of paint or rearrangement of coloured items can have on our productivity.
The minimalist and Scandi-inspired style you described sounds like a great recipe for a peaceful working environment. I love how it's soothing yet still stimulates productivity.

I've also heard of the feng shui colour theory, and it's fascinating to think about attracting certain positive energies with specific shades. Going monochromatic is an interesting concept that I've not considered before, but it sounds like an intriguing experiment!

You're spot on about tailoring colours to one's preferences. What works best for me might not be the same for others. But it's exciting to explore these hacks and strategies - almost like a science of colours! It's amazing how something so simple yet impactful can greatly enhance our productivity.

Do you have any other effective strategies or specific colour combinations that have worked well for you, or maybe some recommendations for colour-coding systems?

The science of colours is fascinating! I've heard great things about the impact of colours on our psychology and moods.

As for monochromatic colour schemes, they can be surprisingly soothing and effective. I once worked in an all-white office with hints of grey. It was incredibly peaceful and helped me focus on my tasks. Somehow, it felt easier to keep things neat and tidy too - the aesthetic appeal was a bonus!

In my current workspace, I use a simple colour-coding system for organization. Each project has an assigned colour, so when I draft emails, create documents, or schedule meetings for specific projects, everything is coloured coded. It helps me keep track of things and adds a fun element to the work.

I also second the notion of tailoring colours to individual preferences. My colleague swears by dark mode for increased focus, which is interesting because it's the complete opposite for me - I find dark modes strain my eyes and prefer the softer contrast.

It's exciting to uncover these personal hacks that boost productivity. They're such simple yet powerful tools to enhance our work experience!

The science of colours is fascinating! I've heard great things about the impact of colours on our psychology and moods.

As for monochromatic colour schemes, they can be surprisingly soothing and effective. I once worked in an all-white office with hints of grey. It was incredibly peaceful and helped me focus on my tasks. Somehow, it felt easier to keep things neat and tidy too - the aesthetic appeal was a bonus!

In my current workspace, I use a simple colour-coding system for organization. Each project has an assigned colour, so when I draft emails, create documents, or schedule meetings for specific projects, everything is coloured coded. It helps me keep track of things and adds a fun element to the work.

I also second the notion of tailoring colours to individual preferences. My colleague swears by dark mode for increased focus, which is interesting because it's the complete opposite for me - I find dark modes strain my eyes and prefer the softer contrast.

It's exciting to uncover these personal hacks that boost productivity. They're such simple yet powerful tools to enhance our work experience!
discovering these individualised hacks is fun!

An all-white aesthetic with grey hints sounds peaceful very sleek and polished! It's intriguing how colour-coding can help keep things in order; it adds a personal touch too.

I feel that finding the right colours based on one's personal preferences is key. We spend so much time working that having enjoyable and calming surroundings makes a huge difference.

Do you have any apps or recommendations for online tools that can help find the right colour combinations? That'd be helpful for those who are technologically inclined to have some guidance in finding their signature productivity hues!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu