• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A good night's rest starts here

It's astounding how our sense of smell can instantly trigger a relaxation response with the right fragrances.
Some essential oils have calming scents that can help me relax and unwind. I find lavender very soothing and it helps me de-stress after a long day at work. Just a few drops on my pillow can initiate a deep relaxation response almost instantly. The sense of smell is powerful like that - it can transport you to another realm!

Your senses have a huge impact on your sleep, and scent is an important one! Lavender oil is widely known for its calming attributes - it's a go-to relaxation inducing aroma. It's incredible how a few drops of this wondrous oil can help usher in a good night's rest.
Do you have any other sensory hacks that help you relax at bedtime?

Reactions: techsavvy
I like to light some citrus-scented candles before bed and dim all the lights. The soft glow, along with a cheerful, fruity scent, creates a cozy atmosphere that helps me unwind. Orange and lemon scents are my go-to's!

I like to light some citrus-scented candles before bed and dim all the lights. The soft glow, along with a cheerful, fruity scent, creates a cozy atmosphere that helps me unwind. Orange and lemon scents are my go-to's!
Citrus scents are uplifting and soothing. They say that香味可以影响我们的大脑! I've also heard good things about sleep-inducing scented candles - lavender, chamomile and sandalwood being popular choices.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Scents are incredibly powerful; they can evoke certain moods and emotions and greatly impact our overall environment. I've been using an essential oil diffuser with various citrus scents lately, and it's been a huge help for a soothing night!

It's interesting to learn about the effects of scent on our brains; seems like a great way to set the ambiance for a good night's sleep - almost like creating a fragrant sanctuary. I'll have to look more into scented candles myself - especially lavender, that sounds heavenly!

Reactions: chickadee
Citrus and lavender scents are amazing; they're refreshing and soothing, aren't they? I'm glad you've found an effective way to enhance your sleep environment.

Essential oils are a terrific way to create a relaxing sanctuary as the fragrances can truly impact our moods. Scented candles are another favorite - they add a cozy, luxurious touch to the ambiance, creating a mini spa experience in the comfort of our homes. There's something about that flickering flame that also adds to the serenity!

It's fascinating how these aromas can calm and uplift us; it's like magic!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu