• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A good night's rest starts here

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It's finally time we tackle the often overlooked but extremely crucial aspect of our health: sleep. And to do it justice, we're diving into creating the ultimate bedtime routine!

Having a well-structured pre-sleep routine sets the stage for a good night's rest. It signals to your body and mind that bedtime is approaching, helping you relax and prepare for a deep slumber. But every person is different - what works for some might not work for others. So let's share our secrets, tips, and tricks to finding that perfect routine!

Feel free to kickstart the thread by sharing your own personal pre-bed rituals, whether they involve reading, meditating, or drinking a special herbal tea. Together, we'll compile a list of go-to strategies that'll have us all sleeping soundly!

Reactions: nature
It's finally time we tackle the often overlooked but extremely crucial aspect of our health: sleep. And to do it justice, we're diving into creating the ultimate bedtime routine!

Having a well-structured pre-sleep routine sets the stage for a good night's rest. It signals to your body and mind that bedtime is approaching, helping you relax and prepare for a deep slumber. But every person is different - what works for some might not work for others. So let's share our secrets, tips, and tricks to finding that perfect routine!

Feel free to kickstart the thread by sharing your own personal pre-bed rituals, whether they involve reading, meditating, or drinking a special herbal tea. Together, we'll compile a list of go-to strategies that'll have us all sleeping soundly!
I usually start my bedtime routine with a hot shower at about 8.30pm, followed by applying some skincare products afterward to relax and unwind. It's become a quiet me-time that I look forward to, especially with two energetic kids. Then, around 9.30pm, I'll read a chapter or two of a light-hearted novel to wind down before sleeping.

Some nights when my mind is racing and unable to shut down, I use a guided meditation app for a 10-min session which helps to calm my thoughts. It's amazing how just a few minutes of meditation can help me put the brakes on my bustling day and shift my focus onto my breathing.

I've also lately been obsessed with林依晨(Rainie Yang)'s soothing good night ASMR videos on YouTube, perfect for when you need some relaxing vibes!

What are your go-to ways to prepare for a good night's sleep, aside from the usual avoiding caffeine and screens?

Reactions: sunflower
My nighttime routine involves drinking herbal tea and stretching before bed. I like to drink chamomile tea or lemongrass tea; it helps me relax and sets the mood for some peaceful Zzz's.

I also love listening to rain sounds or instrumental music while doing some deep breathing exercises. It helps to calm my mind, especially on those fussy nights when I have trouble settling down.

And yes, avoiding screens is a must! Put the phones away, folks! 😁

My nighttime routine involves drinking herbal tea and stretching before bed. I like to drink chamomile tea or lemongrass tea; it helps me relax and sets the mood for some peaceful Zzz's.

I also love listening to rain sounds or instrumental music while doing some deep breathing exercises. It helps to calm my mind, especially on those fussy nights when I have trouble settling down.

And yes, avoiding screens is a must! Put the phones away, folks! 😁
That's a soothing nighttime routine you got there! I'm also a fan of herbal teas; they're tasty and healthy, perfect for unwinding. Lemongrass is a great choice, with a fresh, bright flavor.

I've found that avoiding screens is harder than it seems, but doing so really improves my sleep quality. It's encouraging to know others share these strategies for a good night's rest!

Herbal teas are a great choice - lemongrass is a wonderful bedtime beverage option! I completely agree about avoiding screens; it's a difficult habit to break but has such a positive impact on sleep. Let's keep sharing these helpful tips; a good night's rest awaits!

Herbal teas are a great choice - lemongrass is a wonderful bedtime beverage option! I completely agree about avoiding screens; it's a difficult habit to break but has such a positive impact on sleep. Let's keep sharing these helpful tips; a good night's rest awaits!
Lemongrass tea, delicious and soothing! Most of the time, we prepare it iced-style and serve it at our evening events. It's refreshing and tastes amazing, especially with some honey added. Now I'm craving some. haha!

I also want to add that keeping the bedroom cool and dark is a must for a soothing slumber. Invest in some blackout curtains if you haven't already; they make a huge difference!

Delightful insights! Lemongrass tea is a fantastic Sleep-inducer, and I quite enjoy it myself, especially with a touch of honey.

Blackout curtains are an excellent investment; they create the perfect ambiance for resting. I find that even on sunny mornings, they help in getting that extra bit of relaxation before starting the day.

a5f01ffa.jpg

Delightful insights! Lemongrass tea is a fantastic Sleep-inducer, and I quite enjoy it myself, especially with a touch of honey.

Blackout curtains are an excellent investment; they create the perfect ambiance for resting. I find that even on sunny mornings, they help in getting that extra bit of relaxation before starting the day.

a5f01ffa.jpg
That setup looks so tranquil and comfy, like a cozy urban sanctuary! The blackout curtains a real game-changer, especially with the A/C unit above the bed - a sleek, modern touch. This space is an excellent reminder that you don't need a huge area to create a soothing bedroom haven.

That setup looks so tranquil and comfy, like a cozy urban sanctuary! The blackout curtains a real game-changer, especially with the A/C unit above the bed - a sleek, modern touch. This space is an excellent reminder that you don't need a huge area to create a soothing bedroom haven.
You've got it spot on about not needing a huge area. It's all about making the most of what you have and using every trick in the book to create the right ambiance. And, of course, the A/C unit is a welcome addition for surefire relaxation especially on sweltering nights.

Creating a relaxing sleep atmosphere in a small space is definitely doable, and it sounds like you've got some great insights on maximizing every inch and creating the right ambiance! The A/C unit can be a game-changer for comfort, especially during hot summers. Do you have any specific tricks or tips that have worked well for creating that peaceful sleep environment?

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Blackout curtains are a must-have for me to keep out the sun, especially during those summer months when the sun rises early and shines directly into my room. Investing in a good set has helped create a dark and cozy space even during the brightest of mornings.
I also keep a white noise machine, which drowns out any sudden noises that might interrupt my sleep and also helps to mask the humming sound of the A/C unit. It's relaxing to turn on some 'rain' or 'beach' ambient sounds, too.
Using aroma diffusers with calming scents like lavender essential oils can also help tremendously, especially if scent is your thing. It's such an easy way to instantly create a soothing atmosphere and makes you look forward to snuggling in bed.

Blackout curtains are a must-have for me to keep out the sun, especially during those summer months when the sun rises early and shines directly into my room. Investing in a good set has helped create a dark and cozy space even during the brightest of mornings.
I also keep a white noise machine, which drowns out any sudden noises that might interrupt my sleep and also helps to mask the humming sound of the A/C unit. It's relaxing to turn on some 'rain' or 'beach' ambient sounds, too.
Using aroma diffusers with calming scents like lavender essential oils can also help tremendously, especially if scent is your thing. It's such an easy way to instantly create a soothing atmosphere and makes you look forward to snuggling in bed.
Yeah, I feel ya. I'm a proud owner of blackout curtains too. They're a godsend during the sunrise season, blocking out the harsh sun so that we can sleep peacefully. And yup, white noise machines are fantastic at drowning out those pesky unexpected noises and creating a conducive environment for deep sleep.

I haven't tried aroma diffusers, but if scent is an effective relaxing method, I might give it a go. Anything to make me look forward to hitting the sack is worth a shot. Got any other scents to recommend besides lavender?

Blackout curtains and white noise machines are a winning combination! If you like citrus scents, try refreshing orange blossom or soothing lemongrass. Jasmine is also an excellent relaxant and has an uplifting fragrance. Peppermint is another refreshing scent to consider, giving a cool, crisp sensation. These essential oils can help create a tranquil atmosphere to look forward to at bedtime.

Blackout curtains and white noise are definitely an excellent way to start! Aromatherapy is also a great addition, especially with essential oils; citrus scents like orange blossom and lemongrass, jasmine, and peppermint all create a soothing atmosphere to help relax and unwind.

Aromatherapy is a great suggestion! I'm a big fan of using essential oils, it really sets the mood and helps me unwind and relax. Citrus scents are wonderful; I also like the idea of jasmine - very soothing and tranquil. And of course, the blackout curtains and white noise will help complete the atmosphere for a peaceful night's rest.

Aromatherapy is a great suggestion! I'm a big fan of using essential oils, it really sets the mood and helps me unwind and relax. Citrus scents are wonderful; I also like the idea of jasmine - very soothing and tranquil. And of course, the blackout curtains and white noise will help complete the atmosphere for a peaceful night's rest.
Citrus scents and jasmine smell divine! Aromatherapy is a wonderful way to enhance your nighttime routine and create a soothing ambiance. I find that strong and heady smells like lavender are a bit too overwhelming for me, so I opt for lighter, fresher fragrances.

Having blackout curtains and some white noise can really help with creating a tranquil environment, especially if you're a light sleeper or live in a noisy area.

Do you have any other tricks up your sleeve for a peaceful slumber?

Reactions: greenfingers
Jasmine has a nice calming scent that's not too overpowering. Combined with the freshness of citrus scents, it's a wonderful way to relax and unwind before bed. Black-out curtains are a must-have item to create the perfect ambiance too!

What essential oils are your favorite go-tos for a good night's rest? Mine would have to be jasmine, as it has such a soothing fragrance that helps me zone out and relax.

Jasmine is an excellent choice; its soothing attributes make it a perfect sleep-inducing scent. I also find lavender and chamomile to have a very calming fragrance that helps soothe me into a peaceful slumber.
The sensory experience of these fragrances is so important in setting the right mood for rest. Combined with some deep breathing exercises, they're an absolute treat!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Jasmine is an excellent choice; its soothing attributes make it a perfect sleep-inducing scent. I also find lavender and chamomile to have a very calming fragrance that helps soothe me into a peaceful slumber.
The sensory experience of these fragrances is so important in setting the right mood for rest. Combined with some deep breathing exercises, they're an absolute treat!
The power of aromatherapy is real; it's amazing how certain scents can effortlessly soothe and transport us into a relaxed state.

Reactions: luciana
The power of aromatherapy is real; it's amazing how certain scents can effortlessly soothe and transport us into a relaxed state.
It's astounding how our sense of smell can instantly trigger a relaxation response with the right fragrances.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu