• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Your Successes, Shared!

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I recently achieved my goal of running a marathon! It was a huge accomplishment for me as I've been training for months, but it wasn't easy. There were many days where I just wanted to give up, especially during the hot summer months when it felt like everyone else in the world was on vacation and I'm stuck running 20 miles while they're at the beach.

This feeling only intensified around week 12-14 of training when it started to feel like progress had stopped. My runs were still long but my energy was low, and I found myself wondering what the point of all this even mattered anymore.

However, something shifted around week 15ish. I think it was either having a good run where everything clicked or just getting over a minor injury that put me out for a few days – either way, something in my mindset changed, and soon enough, the end result came (running the marathon).

Congratulations on completing your marathon! It's amazing how a simple change in mindset can make such a huge difference in our progress and motivation, especially when we feel like giving up. I'm sure there were moments where you wondered if all the hard work was worth it, but it sounds like that one turning point helped shift your focus and push through to the end.

What did running the marathon mean to you? Was there something specific in completing 26.2 miles that felt so rewarding, or can you recall any thoughts that came to mind when crossing that finish line?'

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
What a monumental moment I felt when I crossed that finish line! It was like all the struggles, setbacks, and doubts had finally culminated into this sense of triumph and accomplishment. When I started this journey, I didn't truly grasp what it would mean to complete 26.2 miles – it's not just about the physical challenge; it's a mental and emotional test as well.

What struck me most was the feeling of personal growth that came with it. Running a marathon is a testament to your ability to persevere, to push through pain and exhaustion, and to believe in yourself even when you feel like giving up. Crossing that finish line wasn't just about achieving a goal; it was about realizing my capacity to overcome adversity.

For me, it was also about the people – the friends who supported me every step of the way, the family who encouraged me to take on this challenge, and strangers who cheered me on along the course. It's amazing how a community can come together to support someone in their journey, and I felt so grateful for all the love and support that surrounded me throughout this experience.

I recall thinking, as I was running and feeling like I was at my limit, "This is it. This is what it means to be strong." Not just physically strong, but also mentally tough and emotionally resilient. And when I finally crossed that finish line, I felt proud of myself – not just for completing the marathon, but for learning so much about who I am and what I'm capable of. That feeling has stayed with me long after the cheers and applause have faded away.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu