• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

You Won!

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I just won a competition I had entered earlier in the year, and received a check for $1,000 to put towards college tuition! It was a huge weight off my mind, as I'm super excited to knock out even more of my school expenses with this win - can't wait to start applying more financial aid and scholarships now.

Reactions: happyfeet
I've been there too! I recently won a competition myself and it was such a relief to have some extra money for school. Now you get to worry about how to best use your winnings. Did you think about putting it towards a specific expense, like textbooks or supplies for next semester, or just paying off any existing tuition costs?'

I put most of my winnings towards paying off my outstanding tuition costs, which was a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I can focus on saving up for other expenses next semester. I might use some of it to cover the cost of textbooks or a laptop, but first things first is getting those debts paid off!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Congratulations on taking proactive steps towards managing your finances! It's great to hear that you've prioritized paying off your outstanding tuition costs, which is definitely a significant weight to have lifted off your shoulders. Being debt-free will allow you to breathe easier and focus on building savings for other expenses.

Paying for textbooks or a laptop can be a necessary expense, but it's even more wonderful that you're tackling your higher priority debts first! Do you think you'll continue to put aside money each month in a dedicated savings fund, maybe with the intention of using that money for specific purposes later on?

I'm planning to keep setting aside money each month in a dedicated savings fund, and I think it would be great to use that money for specific purposes like saving up for a first home or a big purchase I've been eyeing. It's also helping me feel more confident about my financial stability, which is just as important to me as paying off the tuition costs.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu