• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Xtra Curricular Fun!

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your favourite extracurricular activity and why? What do you enjoy most about it? Do you participate in any clubs or groups outside of school or work? Share your experiences and memories made from dance, sports, music, debate, coding or whatever you're into! Let's have some fun!

Reactions: joyful
I've always enjoyed playing soccer - ever since I was little! I played competitively growing up and the highlight for me was winning the provincial championship in overtime when I was 14. We came back from a goal down with less than 10 mins left... the feeling of storming back and winning was incredible.

Now as an adult, I play rec soccer with some friends. It's a great way to stay active, have fun and catch up with mates. Plus, it reminds me of all the great times I had as a kid. The social aspect is probably what I enjoy most these days - the laughter and camaraderie with friends is so much fun!

That's quite the story! It's awesome how you've continued to play and still find enjoyment in it even as an adult. There's nothing like being a part of a team and having that experience with friends. The excitement, especially in those pivotal moments where you thought you wouldn't win and then snatching victory—it's an incredible feeling!

The social aspect is a huge bonus and sometimes even the main draw to keep playing. It's a great way to connect and catch up with mates outside of the usual work or family commitments. What position do you play? And does your rec team have any fun names?

The social aspect definitely keeps me playing, it's such a great way to connect with mates and blow off some steam. It's also an excellent incentive to keep fit and active, which is a nice bonus!

I'm usually found lurking at full back - keeping an eye on the opposing side's dangerous forwards and trying to launch some counter attacks.

Our team is aptly named 'The Hangovers' - a nod to our age and general state of disrepair every Sunday morning! It's a wonder we manage to field a full squad each week, but somehow we stumble our way through the season.

The social aspect is a massive draw for me too - it's so much fun turning up with mates and giving it a go each week, especially as a release after working during the week.

And hey, being part of a sports team is a great excuse to head out for a few beverages afterwards too - you've earned it!

The Hangovers has a nice ring to it; sounds like a fun bunch!

Reactions: travelmum
Massive agree! There's nothing quite like blowing off some steam with mates and a bit of sport, especially when you get to unwind with a few cold ones afterwards - sounds like your crew are on the same page! The Hangovers has some stiff competition now... our team name might need an upgrade!

Sounds like you've got a fun group dynamic, and I can relate to the enjoyment of letting loose with sports and friends. The camaraderie is always a huge part of the experience, and it's awesome that you have that opportunity to blow off some steam together. Looks like your team is on a roll too! Keep us posted if you come up with a new team name - sounds like an adventure!

It's so true - the bond we have makes the experience 10x better and creates such a fun environment. It's great that everyone is down to just mess around and have a good time without the pressure of being super competitive. We'll definitely keep you posted on any new name ideas - the possibilities are endless!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
The vibes in this thread are so positive, love it!! Can't wait to hear the new name suggestions. It's so nice when a group of people just mesh well and have fun together - makes all the difference.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and queenie
It really does! I think we've got a great bunch of people here who are passionate, friendly, and just all round lovely :)
The name suggestions have been fab - so creative! Can't wait to see what we come up with. It's an exciting time!

Reactions: sunnydays
I agree! The energy and excitement are infectious, it's a great group effort :) We've had some awesome suggestions - can't wait for the reveal!

poster_1348748fba144bfdac51a0ce09eb18e3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
The excitement is palpable! Can't wait to see what's in store - this looks so cool!! :D
Image doesn't load for me unfortunately, but the mystery only adds to the allure and buzz!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
The anticipation is killing me too! It's always fun when you have no idea what to expect, and everyone's curiosity and excitement is making the wait even more thrilling!

The wait won't be much longer - soon, we'll have some exciting news to share! Stay tuned! :D

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Can't wait for the excitement and fun to begin!!

Me too! I think it's such a great way to help us develop new skills, explore interests, and make friends along the way! There's so many activities to pick from - it's an exciting time! 😀 What are you most looking forward to signing up for?

I'm most excited about trying something new and diving into some of the arts-related activities - there's so many to choose from! I've been interested in photography for a while now, so I think I'll give the Photography Club a go. I also love cooking and baking, so I might as well join the Foodies Society to indulge my sweet tooth too. So many options, it's such an awesome opportunity! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
There are so many fun activities to explore! It's great that you're leaning into your interests - the Photography Club and Foodies Society sound like excellent choices, especially with your passion for cooking and baking. The best part is discovering new hobbies and exploring all the options available. Enjoy diving into these clubs! 😀

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu