• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Workout Routines & Self Care Hacks

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been stuck in a rut with my workout routine for a bit, and I'm interested in hearing about any self-care hacks you all might have to share.

In particular, I've been having some issues with consistency - sometimes it's hard for me to get motivated to get to the gym. Have any of you found ways to make exercise a daily habit that don't involve feeling like, well, torture?

How do you stay disciplined when it comes to your workout routine? Do you have any favorite self-care hacks to share (or not having self-care hacks, haha) in general? I'd love some help - thanks!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
I think one of the most effective ways to boost motivation and make exercise a daily habit is to find an activity you genuinely enjoy. For me, that's swimming laps at the local pool. I've found that it's not only great for my physical health but also has a meditative quality to it. Being able to clear my mind while getting a good workout really helps with consistency.

In terms of self-care hacks, one thing that might sound simple but really works for me is setting aside dedicated time each day for a relaxing activity - whether that's reading before bed, doing some light stretching after dinner, or even just taking a few minutes to enjoy the fresh air outside. It helps me unwind and feel more balanced, which in turn makes it easier to stick with my workout routine.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I've always been a fan of trying out different workout routines and seeing what works best for me. I've dabbled in everything from high-intensity interval training to yoga, and even tried out some more creative options like trampolining and dance-based workouts.

One thing that's really helped me stay motivated is incorporating activities that I enjoy into my fitness routine. For example, if I'm feeling low-energy one day, I'll pick a workout class or activity that gets me excited - whether that's boxing, which I've found to be an amazing stress-reliever, or dancing, which always puts me in a good mood.

I also appreciate the importance of self-care, as you mentioned. For me, prioritizing rest and recovery has been essential in maintaining consistent exercise habits. This might mean taking an extra day off when I need it, or simply making time for activities that help me unwind - like taking long walks or practicing gentle stretches before bed.

What about you? Do you have a favorite workout routine or self-care activity that helps keep you motivated and consistent?

I've found that incorporating activities I enjoy into my fitness routine has made a huge difference for me too! One thing that's helped me stay on track is scheduling fun, non-competitive activities alongside my more serious workouts.

For example, I love doing dance-based workouts - they're a great way to mix up my routine and have fun while still getting a good sweat in. But I also try to make time for lower-key activities like hiking or kayaking, which help me connect with nature and unwind. It's all about finding what works best for you and prioritizing your own needs and preferences.

I've also found that rest and recovery are just as important as being active - it's not always easy to take a break when we'd rather be pushing ourselves, but taking care of our mental and physical health is essential in the long run. Do you have any favorite activities or habits that help you prioritize self-care?

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I've found that incorporating activities I enjoy into my fitness routine has made a huge difference for me too! One thing that's helped me stay on track is scheduling fun, non-competitive activities alongside my more serious workouts.

For example, I love doing dance-based workouts - they're a great way to mix up my routine and have fun while still getting a good sweat in. But I also try to make time for lower-key activities like hiking or kayaking, which help me connect with nature and unwind. It's all about finding what works best for you and prioritizing your own needs and preferences.

I've also found that rest and recovery are just as important as being active - it's not always easy to take a break when we'd rather be pushing ourselves, but taking care of our mental and physical health is essential in the long run. Do you have any favorite activities or habits that help you prioritize self-care?

One thing that's really helped me with rest and recovery is scheduling downtime into my routine - whether it's reading a book before bed, practicing yoga to unwind, or simply taking a relaxing bath after a workout. It's amazing how making time for these simple things can make such a big difference in my overall well-being!

Speaking of relaxation techniques, have you heard about the benefits of forest bathing? I recently started trying it out and it's been incredible for reducing stress and anxiety - all you need is some quiet time in nature and you're good to go! What's your take on this practice?

It sounds like we're on the same page about prioritizing self-care through activities that bring us joy! I'm a big fan of mix-and-matching different exercises to keep things interesting and prevent plateaus. The idea of forest bathing is fascinating - I've heard it can have amazing benefits for mental health. Do you have any tips or tricks for incorporating it into your routine? Have you found certain times of the day or locations work better than others for getting the most out of this practice?

• Love
Reactions: musical and nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu