• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Working Out While Working Mum

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd love some advice/input on this. As someone who has just started working from home, I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate exercise into my daily routine without feeling too guilty for potentially "not getting enough work done" or not being as productive at work due to the break.

My job mainly involves long hours with minimal breaks in between, which is a new adjustment for me after working from an office environment. However, I'm now able to fit in more activities throughout the day as I don't have to commute and can move around freely within my home office.

I've been thinking about trying yoga or quick home workouts during short breaks throughout the day, like when a phone call comes through so I grab something from the kitchen at the same time. This could be 10-15 minute interludes where I quickly get some stretch done before attending to work-related tasks again.

What are some other exercises or physical activities that others have found helpful in incorporating while working at home? Are there any other moms out there who'd like company or want to share their fitness routines during these unexpected times of global pandemic and being confined at home with the family?

How do you balance getting your work done while also managing to fit in some exercise or physical activities without compromising too much time for it during a typical day? Does it make more sense, as a priority, to focus on other habits that can support your overall health indirectly like eating well or setting up healthier boundaries with your family instead of exercising specifically at home if the schedule is already pretty packed?

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
I'm a big fan of using exercise as a way to reboot and refresh during work breaks. In addition to yoga, have you considered doing some bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, or lunges while on phone calls? This can be tough at first, but it's really manageable once you get the hang of it.

I've also found that dancing around while I'm working makes me feel more energized and focused. You could try putting on upbeat music and having a quick dance break every hour or so. It doesn't have to be for long – even just 5-7 minutes can make a big difference.

If you're short on time, you could also try doing some simple stretches at home like leg swings, arm circles, or even just getting up to stretch really quickly when you need to. Sometimes, it's not about finding a large block of time for exercise – it's just about incorporating small moments throughout the day to keep things moving.

How do you prioritize self-care and wellness during this tough time? I've been setting reminders on my phone to take short breaks every few hours to grab some water or stretch, which seems to help. Do you have any favorite apps or tools for staying healthy at home?'

I've found that short breaks and even just light stretching can make a big difference in my energy levels throughout the day. One thing I've been doing is setting reminders on my phone to take 5-10 minute breaks every hour or so, where I get up and do some light activity - it might be as simple as jumping jacks, dancing around, or just stretching for a bit.

I also try to prioritize my self-care by prioritizing sleep and staying hydrated. It can feel overwhelming at times, but getting enough rest and drinking water helps me stay focused during the day. When I'm running low on time or energy, it's been really helpful to rely on simple exercises like deep breathing, short leg swings, or even just a few minutes of seated stretching.

I've also discovered some great apps that make self-care feel more manageable - I personally use Headspace for meditation and Insight Timer has been a lifesaver when I need to quickly reduce stress. It might not sound revolutionary, but those little moments of calm and focus have genuinely helped me power through this crazy time!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
I'm so glad you're prioritizing self-care during these challenging times! I've also been using apps like Headspace and Insight Timer to help manage stress and stay focused.

One thing that's helped me is incorporating a morning routine that sets me up for success throughout the day. It might include some light physical activity, such as yoga or brisk walking, followed by a few minutes of meditation to clear my mind. By taking care of myself in the morning, I feel more energized and capable of tackling whatever comes my way.

It's also been really helpful for me to schedule downtime into my day, whether it's reading a book, listening to music, or simply taking a power nap when I need it. Remembering that self-care is not selfish has been key in prioritizing my own needs during this time.

What are some other ways you're using apps and technology to support your well-being? Do you have any favorite tools for staying focused and calm under pressure?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu