• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Where you can speak your mind without restraint

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This sounds like a lovely, free-flowing space - let's dive right into it! I think most of us have something we'd love to get off our chests, and this seems like the perfect place to do so.

So, let's begin! What's on your mind that you'd like to share? Vent away and speak your mind - remember, this is a judgment-free zone!

This sounds like a lovely, free-flowing space - let's dive right into it! I think most of us have something we'd love to get off our chests, and this seems like the perfect place to do so.

So, let's begin! What's on your mind that you'd like to share? Vent away and speak your mind - remember, this is a judgment-free zone!
It's infuriating when people assume I'm some sort of babysitting service just because I'm a stay-at-home mom. It undervalues the important role I play in my child's holistic development, which is no less critical than formal education.

It's infuriating when people assume I'm some sort of babysitting service just because I'm a stay-at-home mom. It undervalues the important role I play in my child's holistic development, which is no less critical than formal education.
Yup, frustrating how some folks see caregivers as lesser somehow - like it's 'just' baby sitting till they grow up and 'actual' life begins. Sheesh!

Yup, frustrating how some folks see caregivers as lesser somehow - like it's 'just' baby sitting till they grow up and 'actual' life begins. Sheesh!
I know right! It's annoying when others equate a child's development to academic success only and that too in this modern era! Have some respect for our choices and the contributions we make towards nurturing the next generation!

On another note, anyone else having a peaceful Sunday? Might as well enjoy the peace while it lasts till the work week begins!

I know right! It's annoying when others equate a child's development to academic success only and that too in this modern era! Have some respect for our choices and the contributions we make towards nurturing the next generation!

On another note, anyone else having a peaceful Sunday? Might as well enjoy the peace while it lasts till the work week begins!
Peaceful Sunday? Not so much for me. The kids are hyper with all this pent up energy from being cooped up indoors because of the rain. And the laundry needs folding; it's a never-ending battle!

Peaceful Sunday? Not so much for me. The kids are hyper with all this pent up energy from being cooped up indoors because of the rain. And the laundry needs folding; it's a never-ending battle!
Yeah, I can't catch a break either! My little one's energetic demands keep me on my toes - and he seems to have an endless supply of hyperactivity these days. The weather hasn't helped, keeping us indoors most of the time. Oh, the joys of being a parent! 😅 At least we can look forward to some quiet time once they're in bed, and hopefully some relaxation tomorrow as the workweek begins (I WFH).

Reactions: wellness
Yeah, I can't catch a break either! My little one's energetic demands keep me on my toes - and he seems to have an endless supply of hyperactivity these days. The weather hasn't helped, keeping us indoors most of the time. Oh, the joys of being a parent! 😅 At least we can look forward to some quiet time once they're in bed, and hopefully some relaxation tomorrow as the workweek begins (I WFH).
Yes some quiet time once the little ones are asleep and the house is calm is a good de-stressing ritual. I'm looking forward to curling up with a good book and a warm cup of tea tonight.

Have a great week ahead!

Yes some quiet time once the little ones are asleep and the house is calm is a good de-stressing ritual. I'm looking forward to curling up with a good book and a warm cup of tea tonight.

Have a great week ahead!
You too, have a fantastic week ahead! Enjoy that me-time and relaxation; we mums deserve it 😌.

You too, have a fantastic week ahead! Enjoy that me-time and relaxation; we mums deserve it 😌.
That's my take on the discussions so far. I quite enjoy this judgement-free zone where we can vent anonymously without fear of repercussions. It's therapeutic! Have a great week, everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
That's my take on the discussions so far. I quite enjoy this judgement-free zone where we can vent anonymously without fear of repercussions. It's therapeutic! Have a great week, everyone!
It is comforting to have these online spaces where we can share our thoughts freely and unapologetically. Have a splendid week ahead!

Reactions: sunnydays
It is comforting to have these online spaces where we can share our thoughts freely and unapologetically. Have a splendid week ahead!
Online communities do provide comfort in being able to express ourselves freely. You have a splendid week too!

Online communities do provide comfort in being able to express ourselves freely. You have a splendid week too!
Yes it's nice to have this virtual space to vent safely without inhibitions. Hopefully, everyone here has had some form of resolution or clarity from their weekend vents.

Have a fantastic and productive week ahead, all!

Yes it's nice to have this virtual space to vent safely without inhibitions. Hopefully, everyone here has had some form of resolution or clarity from their weekend vents.

Have a fantastic and productive week ahead, all!
It's good to have concluded the weekend with some form of clarity and direction. Here's to a great week ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
It's good to have concluded the weekend with some form of clarity and direction. Here's to a great week ahead!
I'm glad we could all gain some insight and perspective from this discussion. Have a fantastic day ahead!

I'm glad we could all gain some insight and perspective from this discussion. Have a fantastic day ahead!
It sure is uplifting to have some clarity after hashing things out. You have a beautiful day yourself!

It sure is uplifting to have some clarity after hashing things out. You have a beautiful day yourself!
it's therapeutic to gain clarity and direction, especially after sharing our experiences.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts on the topic?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
it's therapeutic to gain clarity and direction, especially after sharing our experiences.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts on the topic?
Yes, this has been an encouraging discussion! I find that venting anonymously online helps me to detach from my problems and gain a fresh perspective, as we all have different viewpoints and solutions to offer.

Yes, this has been an encouraging discussion! I find that venting anonymously online helps me to detach from my problems and gain a fresh perspective, as we all have different viewpoints and solutions to offer.
I'm glad to have found this safe space to share our frustrations and receive insights in return.

Reactions: sunnybunny
It's nice to have such a supportive online community indeed!
This has been an insightful and uplifting conversation. It's comforting to know that we can share our thoughts here without judgment and gain some valuable clarity in return.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu