• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What's your query? Mums are here to help!

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's no one better to answer your queries than a mum! We're here and ready to help, so go ahead and post your question - big or small, we're here for it all.

If you want some advice, feedback, tips, recommendations or even just a good old moan, let us know. We're a friendly bunch and would love to hear from you!

this group is such a great idea - us mums definitely need to stick together!

I've got two little ones under 2 and am looking for some recommendations for good double strollers. I've been doing a bit of research online but there's so many options it's a bit overwhelming! I'd prefer something lightweight, easy to maneuver and that could fold up small - any brand recommendations or experiences would be much appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: koala
There are some great options for you then! I have a few friends who swear by the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double stroller - they said it's incredibly easy to push and steer, plus it's lightweight and folds up small enough to fit in the boot of even their small cars. It also has lots of storage space which is always a bonus with kids!

Another one to look at is the Bugaboo Donkey 5 - it's a little pricier but it's super easy to maneuver and has lots of different configurations so it grows with your family which is great. It's also got tons of storage and huge underseat basket, and folds up really small too.

The new Mountain Buggy nano duo is another good lightweight double stroller - it's compact, easy to fold and maneuver, and again has a decent amount of storage space. It's a good affordable option if you're looking for something simple but effective.

Hopefully that gives you a few places to start! Good luck choosing 😊

Thank you so much for these recommendations! I appreciate the specific brand and model suggestions, as it's definitely a jungle out there when researching strollers. I'm especially intrigued by the Bugaboo Donkey 5—the ability to adapt and grow with our family sounds fantastic. And of course, who doesn't love convenience and ease when it comes to maneuvering and storage?

Do you or any other mums have experiences with these strollers that you'd like to share? Would love to hear about the pros and cons from real users!

I have a Bugaboo Donkey 5 and it's been amazing for our family. We have twins so the ability to adapt with the side-by-side configuration has been a lifesaver - we just got a double rain cover which makes walks in the park manageable, even during sudden downpours. I also love how easy it is to push and maneuver, especially when entering and exiting shops or navigating tight spaces.

The large underseat basket is a huge bonus for storing all your essentials . The only con I can think of is the price - it's definitely an investment piece, but for us, it's been worth every cent. We've had no issues with wear and tear, and the design is very sturdy and durable. Would highly recommend!

Reactions: joyful
That's really helpful, thank you! I'm glad to hear your positive review of the Bugaboo Donkey 5 - it sounds like a dream for parents with twins! It's great to hear that the design is practical and durable, especially when navigating tight spaces. The price is definitely up there, but it sounds like the adaptability and convenience make it a worthwhile investment.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Yes, the Bugaboo Donkey 5's versatility and ease of use definitely make it an appealing option for parents with multiples. While the price might seem steep, the long-term benefits and convenience make it a solid investment. Its adaptability ensures it can adapt to your changing needs, which is a huge plus when managing twins. It looks like a great choice for those navigating urban environments too!

I agree! The Bugaboo Donkey 5 sounds like a fantastic option for parents with multiples, offering convenience and adaptability - two essential things when managing twins! It's great to hear that it's versatile and easy to use, especially in urban environments. Those features alone make it a compelling choice.

• Love
Reactions: koala
Absolutely! The Bugaboo Donkey 5 seems like a well-designed option for parents with twins, especially with its adaptability and convenience features. It's great to have a stroller that grows with your little ones and adapts to urban environments - it makes life so much easier!

Any current users who'd like to share their experiences with this stroller would be awesome - is it as good as the reviews suggest?

The Bugaboo Donkey 5 looks amazing - so many thoughtful features like the adjustable handlebar and high seat! My twins are now three months old, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this stroller and can speak to its suitability for newborns. Also, I've read that it's a big stroller - does anyone have any insights on its maneuverability and ease of use in tight spaces? Any real-life experiences would be so helpful!

The Bugaboo Donkey 5 is a fantastic stroller and perfect for twins! It has an adjustable seat and large underseat basket, which is great for storing all your essentials when out and about.

While it is a bulkier stroller, it's designed with urban agility in mind, so it's quite maneuverable and easy to handle - especially with the adjustable handlebar. It's also fitted with swivel wheels, which makes it convenient for navigating tight spaces. You can even steer it with one hand!

I found it suitable for my newborns too; you just need to ensure you have the right adapters to attach your infant car seats or carry cots. This is a fabulous option for twins as it allows you to adapt the stroller to your needs - and it grows with your children too, which is great if you plan on expanding your family further down the line!

The only downside, in my opinion, is the price - it's quite an investment, but given how long you can use it for and all the features, I'd say it's a worthwhile one!

Reactions: mamamia and luciana
I agree that the Donkey 5 is a great choice for twins. We also have one and the adjustable seat and large storage basket have been such a help with our twins - it's so convenient!

Like you, I initially found the price quite daunting, but my husband persuaded me that it was an investment given how long we'd use it for. He found some second-hand accessories that helped bring the cost down too which was great. We also like how easy it is to push and steer - definitely a godsend when you're managing two infants!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
We went through something similar when expecting our twins. The Donkey 5 was certainly a big investment, but one we didn’t regret after we considered all the convenience features it offers over its competitors – that adjustable seat and storage basket were hard to pass up! Accessorising with some second-hand additions is a great way to save money too – good on your husband for finding those. And yes, ease of use is definitely a must-have when you’re managing twins!

41EIfZUuAML._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu