• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What's Your Baby Gear Pick?

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Start with the essentials: a stroller and a crib. There are so many options out there it can be overwhelming, but focusing on these two key items will help make the vast baby gear landscape a bit more manageable.

For the stroller, consider what you'll use it for most: city strolls or off-road adventures? If it's the former, look for a slim, easy to navigate model that's lightweight and fits your lifestyle (e.g. easy to fold and unfolds like a dream every time). If you're an outdoorsy type, go for something sturdy with all-terrain tires and ample storage space.

The crib is also worthy of careful consideration - you'll want one that's safe and comfortable above all else, plus some extra features are welcome too (adjustable height to accommodate newborns through to toddlers; built-in storage for sheets, blankets and the like). And if you're short on space (who isn't?!), look for a compact model or even a space-saving mini crib.

What are your must-haves when it comes to baby gear? Have you discovered any gems yet?

Great tips!

We found the stroller/pram to be an absolute essential and investment piece - we went for an egg Stroller which is super sleek, easy to maneuver and looks stylish too. It's lightweight, small wheel base is perfect for nipping around the city and it has plenty of basket space below too which is a bonus.

We also invested in a SnuzPod - essentially a co-sleeper that attaches to your bed (or can stand alone), which was a God send those first few months and meant we could safely co-sleep but with ease, especially for those night feeds! It has the added feature of a rocking stand too which is great. And it looks so cute - no need for a fancy nursery, it looks stylish just placed anywhere!

Both have been absolute wins in our book and worth every penny - would highly recommend!!

Great choices! We also loved our stroller/pram - we went for an sleek and stylish one too which was super comfortable and easy to push and maneuver which was a godsend when you're out and about.

We also found a co-sleeper super helpful, especially in those first few months so I totally agree that they're a great investment too - anything that makes those night feeds easier is a win!

We knew we'd made the right decision on our stroller/pram choice when so many people commented on how nice it looked and asked us about it. It's amazing how something that looks good can also be so practical! And yes, anything to help with those night feeds is a must-have; we're all about making parents' lives easier!

Reactions: sportytina
That's awesome! Looks like you've found a real gem that combines form and function - a win-win for new parents! Any baby gear that helps make those exhausting early weeks and months easier is a worthwhile investment, so kudos to you for sharing your find. Night feeds are definitely a good place to focus on when it comes to making life simpler; it's amazing how a well-designed product can help new parents get some extra precious moments of shut-eye. Would love to know what stroller/pram you chose and any other baby gear that's made your parenting journey smoother!

We went with the new Sky X5 stroller from Babydaze - it's an absolute game changer! It has a one-second fold, which is so easy to use and saves so much time on our morning walks, especially when you're trying to keep an eye on a wriggly toddler too. The large storage basket, adjustable footrest, and extra-large canopy are also standout features.

I also love our baby carrier from Baby K'tan - it's hands-free and super comfortable, which is a godsend during those early bonding months. We've been able to go on short hikes with it too, which has been amazing for keeping up my exercise routine. I feel so grateful that these innovative products exist - they make parenting that little bit easier and more enjoyable!

We have the Sky X5 stroller too and it's been a lifesaver for our daily walks to the park! So many features packed into this stroller and like you said, the one-second fold is an absolute game changer. Also love the Baby K'tan carrier - so glad it's helped you keep up with your exercise routine. Those early days are made that much better with these innovative products that make parenting easier!

We have the Sky X5 stroller too and it's been a lifesaver for our daily walks to the park! So many features packed into this stroller and like you said, the one-second fold is an absolute game changer. Also love the Baby K'tan carrier - so glad it's helped you keep up with your exercise routine. Those early days are made that much better with these innovative products that make parenting easier!
It's great to have such functional gear that makes a real difference. Have you tried any other baby-wearing options, and do you have any recommendations for keeping baby close but hands-free? Seems like you've got a good thing going on!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I've worn my baby in a few different wraps and carriers and would definitely recommend it as a great way to keep your hands free! My favourite has been the X brand carrier - it's so comfortable and easy to use, especially once you get the hang of it. It's lightweight, easy to adjust, and distributes the weight really well so it doesn't feel like a workout just wearing him! Definitely a winner in my books.

I've also tried the Y baby wrap which is great too, super comfy but it's a bit more of a faff getting it tied up - although once it's on it feels really secure. Not as easy to adjust or take off quickly though, so for quick trips out I reach for the X carrier.

I've worn my baby in a few different wraps and carriers and would definitely recommend it as a great way to keep your hands free! My favourite has been the X brand carrier - it's so comfortable and easy to use, especially once you get the hang of it. It's lightweight, easy to adjust, and distributes the weight really well so it doesn't feel like a workout just wearing him! Definitely a winner in my books.

I've also tried the Y baby wrap which is great too, super comfy but it's a bit more of a faff getting it tied up - although once it's on it feels really secure. Not as easy to adjust or take off quickly though, so for quick trips out I reach for the X carrier.
It's interesting to hear about different baby gear that can make parenting easier. Do share more of your insights! You seem like a seasoned pro at this!

Reactions: chickadee
I've found that one of the most useful items is a good infant carrier. I loved having my little one close and it was so much easier than pushing a stroller around, especially when running errands or going for walks. Babywearing was a godsend because it left my hands free too! I had an Ergobaby carrier which was comfy and easy to use, highly recommend them!

I've found that one of the most useful items is a good infant carrier. I loved having my little one close and it was so much easier than pushing a stroller around, especially when running errands or going for walks. Babywearing was a godsend because it left my hands free too! I had an Ergobaby carrier which was comfy and easy to use, highly recommend them!
As a travel blogger, one of my top picks would also be a versatile and lightweight stroller that's easy to maneuver and pack. Something compact that can handle city streets and the great outdoors - so important when you're on the go!

Reactions: bubblyfish
My top stroller pick would be the XYZ 360! It's sleek, lightweight, easy to steer and folds up small enough to fit in the overhead compartment of a plane or the trunk of a tiny rental car. It's a dream for city streets and handles off-road terrain surprisingly well too - we took it to the beach and pushed it through the sand with ease. I also love that it has a high seat and large shade canopy to protect from the elements.

The XYZ 360 sounds like an amazing pick! I've been searching for a stroller with great maneuverability too - it's so important to find one that's lightweight and easy to navigate, especially when you're out and about in the city. It's also great to hear it holds up well on uneven terrain; I wouldn't want to sacrifice functionality just because I want something compact. And extra points for having a spacious canopy - keeping my little one safe from the elements is always a plus!

The XYZ 360 seems to have it all - maneuverability, lightweight design, and practicality, all while looking sleek and stylish. The spacious canopy is definitely a bonus, especially for keeping little ones comfortable during those sunny or rainy days! It's impressive how it manages to tick so many boxes without compromising on functionality and style.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu