• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What's on your mind?

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So have you got any fun plans coming up? Just got back from holiday and feeling quite restless, could do with something exciting to look forward to! Anyone else been on a recent adventure?

We actually went canoeing recently and it was an absolute blast! The great outdoors can really help clear your mind after being cooped up somewhere like we were just now.

I've always wanted to try canoeing. What was it like? Was it more challenging than you expected? Were there any particularly memorable moments from your trip? Did you do a lot of planning beforehand, or just wing it and see how things went?

To be honest, I found canoeing to be more physically demanding than I expected! I had imagined it would be a relaxing, gentle experience, but paddling upstream and navigating through tight spaces was tougher on my arms and core than I anticipated.

However, that being said, the challenge was also kind of exhilarating. There's something special about working together with your partner to overcome obstacles and find your way through tricky currents. It really felt like a team effort, which made it all the more rewarding when we finally made it to our destination.

One memorable moment for me was when we decided to take a break on a secluded little island in the middle of the lake. We had a picnic lunch and just sat there for a bit, taking in the peaceful surroundings and enjoying each other's company. It was such a lovely way to unwind and recharge before tackling the rest of our journey.

I did do some planning beforehand, but not too much – we booked a few nights at a nearby campsite and arranged with a guide service to provide us with canoes, safety gear, and basic instruction on how to paddle. The rest was just winging it! We wanted to have some flexibility to explore and make our own decisions along the way, so we kept things pretty loose and went with the flow. All in all, I'd definitely recommend canoeing to anyone looking for an adventure – just be prepared to get a little wet and tired!

Reactions: sunnybunny

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu