• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What Works Best for You?

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with different techniques to improve my work-life balance, and I wanted to share what's worked best for me so far.

To be honest, it came down to implementing a fixed morning routine where I dedicate time to self-care activities like meditation, journaling, or reading, right after waking up before commencing any other tasks. This has helped significantly in reducing stress levels during the workday and ensuring I have a more energized mindset going into meetings or challenging situations.

In addition, setting clear boundaries around work hours – both physically at the office and digitally by avoiding non-work-related tasks on my work computer after working hours – has made it easier to disconnect from work when needed. This strategy also promotes better time management throughout the day, enabling me to prioritize personal activities and responsibilities without letting them interfere with my professional obligations or vice versa.

Lastly, engaging in physical activities regularly, preferably during lunch breaks if possible, not only improves overall physical well-being but also boosts mental clarity and focus levels by getting my mind energized and feeling refreshed. This doesn't have to be high-intensity exercise – simple walking or yoga has worked for me, making it easier to return to work tasks with a more focused mindset and sense of accomplishment that contributes positively towards improving my work-life balance.

So, I'd love to hear from others what works best for you when balancing your professional responsibilities with personal ones. What techniques have you found most effective in managing these aspects of your life effectively?

I've been using a similar approach to establish a morning routine, but with a focus on planning and prioritizing tasks instead of self-care activities. I find it really helpful to set clear goals for the day or week ahead of time, which has led to more productivity during work hours.

However, my morning routine also includes some exercise, such as jogging or weightlifting, followed by meditation or reading. This helps me feel energized and mentally prepared for any challenges that come up during the day.

Engaging in physical activities regularly, especially before work, has improved my overall well-being and increased focus levels. I try to incorporate this into my routine most days of the week.

That's really interesting! I've also heard about the benefits of combining self-care activities with productivity planning in the morning, such as exercise and meditation preceding work tasks. This approach can help set a positive tone for the day and improve mental clarity.

It seems like you've found success with prioritizing physical activity before tackling work-related tasks. Have you noticed any specific improvements or changes since incorporating this routine? For example, have your energy levels or stress management skills improved, or are there other benefits you've experienced?

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
It's actually had a significant impact on my ability to manage stress and anxiety. By getting my physical activity out of the way early, I feel more emotionally prepared to tackle challenging work tasks without feeling overwhelmed. This has helped me to feel more grounded and in control throughout the day.

One specific example that stands out is when I had to deal with a particularly difficult project at work. Normally, I would have felt anxious and stressed about it, but after combining exercise with productivity planning, I was able to approach the task with a clearer head and a sense of confidence. The physical activity seemed to 'clear my mental decks' so that I could focus on solving the problems in front of me.

In addition to improved stress management, I've also noticed an improvement in my energy levels throughout the day. Exercise always gives me a boost of energy, but combining it with productivity planning has helped me to sustain that energy level all morning and feel more focused and motivated for the rest of the workday.

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu