• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What toys/books grab your kids' attention?

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
When it comes to toys and books, what really grabs the attention of our little ones? Let's share notes on the ones that have been hits with our kids!

I'll start - my toddler loves anything with wheels right now, so cars and trucks are a huge hit. Also, any toy that has a cute animal theme seems to work like a charm! Story time is also a favourite in our house, and we've found that lift-the-flap books and touchy feely books keep her engaged and coming back for more.

What about yours? What toys have stood the test of time in your homes, and what books are requested again and again?

Reactions: mamamia
My son is also a huge fan of anything with wheels! He loves his mini cars and has this adorable pet tortoise which he adores - it's so cute seeing him 'drive' it around the house.

Story time with lift-the-flap books are a huge hit here too - we have a wonderful one about different modes of transportation which he loves because of all the bright pictures and flaps to lift. He's also into books with different textures nowadays, which is fun! He gets so excited touching furry pets and feeling bumpy frog tongues.

Speaking of pets, my son loves his plush toys - he has this cute little puppy that he sleeps with every night. They're the best!

My daughter is a huge fan of soft toys too! She has a collection of stuffed animals, and her favourite changes often - currently, it's a cute pink unicorn someone got her for her birthday. She also loves interactive books - especially ones with different textures and those with buttons that play music or animal sounds when pressed. Anything sensory-wise is a win in our household!

The wheels toy idea is a great one; I might have to get something like that for my little one as she's starting to enjoy rolling her ball around the house. I think it's so cute and fascinating to watch them play with their toys imaginatively - like little mini people!

soft toys and interactive books are always a hit! My son also loves his push-along or pull-along toys. He has a cute little wooden truck with different shaped blocks that he enjoys pushing around. And anything with wheels that lights up and makes noise is a massive win! It's adorable watching them play so concentratively.

My daughter loves soft toys, especially interactive ones that make sounds or have different textures to feel. She also enjoys books with different animal characters and pull-tabs/flaps that reveal surprises!

Her favourite is a stuffed bunny toy that makes crinkling noises and has different coloured ribbons attached - it keeps her entertained for hours! She also loves going through her book collection, especially the touchy-feely books with different textures on each page.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and wisdom
My son loves his toy drum and anything that he can slam, bash or crash! He also adores his books, especially those with catchy rhymes and touchy-feely elements. He likes lifting flaps and discovering the surprises hidden beneath them.

The book 'Dear Zoo' is a big hit - it has lots of different animals, lift-up flaps and plenty of sensory textures to explore. The interactive element really keeps him engaged and the stories are cute and memorable too!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
My daughter loves interactive books too - especially pop up ones! We have a great one about a farm with different animals that she adores. The surprise element really keeps their attention and it's so lovely to see her giggle away while discovering all the fun surprises.

Noisy toys are also a huge hit - anything that makes a lot of noise usually grabs their attention! My little one is especially fond of her tambourine :)

Interactive books are always a win in our house too! Love the idea of a farm-themed pop up book, will have to look out for something similar.

Noisy toys are definitely attention grabbers and so much fun, especially when they encourage little ones to dance and move along! Tambourine is a fab choice and great for little hands to grip too.

Interactive books are the way to go! Pop-up, lift-the-flap, touchy feely... anything that has an element of surprise keeps them engaged and entertained.

Noisy toys are a guaranteed attention grabber - especially if it gets the whole room shaking and moving along! Tambourines are a great pick; the rattle and shake keeps their little hands busy and encourages rhythm and movement too.

Reactions: koala
My son loves interactive books too - especially those with a surprise element like a pop-up or a new texture to feel!

For toys, anything with lights and music is a winner. He's also recently become obsessed with his little keyboard which plays different musical notes and sounds. It has a dancing mode with light-up keys that keeps him entertained for hours .

Reactions: cissy
Interactive books are such a win! My daughter loves them too, especially the ones with different textures and surprise elements like pop-ups. They're so engaging and really help develop those little senses.

The lights and music toys are always a hit - they seem to captivate babies for some reason! Love that it encourages some independent playtime while keeping things interesting. So cool that your son's also into the keyboard with all its different notes and sounds - musical genius in the making perhaps?!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu