• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What are some nutritional and tasty meals to feed inquisitive toddlers?

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Toddlers can be little finicky eaters, but it's important to offer a variety of nutritious foods to help them stay healthy and develop their taste buds! What are some of your go-to meals that your little ones love and are nutritional powerhouses?

I'll start: I've found that vegetable fritters with hidden spinach/carrots have been a hit. Also, anything that they can eat with their hands, like rice balls or bite sized grilled chicken chunks tend to be a win! What about you guys?

Toddlers can be little finicky eaters, but it's important to offer a variety of nutritious foods to help them stay healthy and develop their taste buds! What are some of your go-to meals that your little ones love and are nutritional powerhouses?

I'll start: I've found that vegetable fritters with hidden spinach/carrots have been a hit. Also, anything that they can eat with their hands, like rice balls or bite sized grilled chicken chunks tend to be a win! What about you guys?
Hi there! Good query! Ya, totz can be super picky but we gotta keep trying and get 'em to eat right :)
My little one loves sushi rolls! I do some simple California rolls with cucumber, crab stick and a bit of avocado. It's a fun hand-sized food that's nutritious too. Also a great way to introduce seafood into their diet.

Another one of her favorites are homemade mini pizza bites! I use wholemeal pita bread as the base, add some tomato sauce, lots of veggies like mushrooms, capsicum and even spinach, and top with mozzarella cheese. Pop them in the oven for a bit and they're a yummy, cheesy delight!

What else? I sometimes do oatmeal cookies with hidden beetroot and chocolate chips. They taste sweet but have some nutritional value too so I don't feel as guilty :)

What about you guys? Any other fun, nutrition-packed meals your totz enjoy?

Hi there! Good query! Ya, totz can be super picky but we gotta keep trying and get 'em to eat right :)
My little one loves sushi rolls! I do some simple California rolls with cucumber, crab stick and a bit of avocado. It's a fun hand-sized food that's nutritious too. Also a great way to introduce seafood into their diet.

Another one of her favorites are homemade mini pizza bites! I use wholemeal pita bread as the base, add some tomato sauce, lots of veggies like mushrooms, capsicum and even spinach, and top with mozzarella cheese. Pop them in the oven for a bit and they're a yummy, cheesy delight!

What else? I sometimes do oatmeal cookies with hidden beetroot and chocolate chips. They taste sweet but have some nutritional value too so I don't feel as guilty :)

What about you guys? Any other fun, nutrition-packed meals your totz enjoy?
That's an interesting one, especially the homemade mini pizza bites!

My elder son loves pasta, so I often whip up a quick carbonara with bacon and lots of parmesan cheese, which is a great way to get some protein into him. Sometimes, I'll sneak in some pureed carrots or spinach into the sauce for some extra nutrients. He also enjoys fishing the meatballs out of a good old fashioned meatball spaghetti!

For something more snack-like, my boys love their popcorn, and it's a good Distraction when they need to be occupied for a bit. I got them a air popper for healthy, low fat popcorn, and sometimes I'll spritz some nutritional yeast over it for some added B vitamins and a cheesy flavor.

Another hit are these oat-crusted chicken tenders that I bake in the oven. It's got a nice crispy texture that the kids enjoy, and I serve it with a side of roasted sweet potatoes or a fruity apple sauce dip for some added nutrition.

There's always room for improvement in the nutritional value of their meals, but these options seem to be working for now!

That's an interesting one, especially the homemade mini pizza bites!

My elder son loves pasta, so I often whip up a quick carbonara with bacon and lots of parmesan cheese, which is a great way to get some protein into him. Sometimes, I'll sneak in some pureed carrots or spinach into the sauce for some extra nutrients. He also enjoys fishing the meatballs out of a good old fashioned meatball spaghetti!

For something more snack-like, my boys love their popcorn, and it's a good Distraction when they need to be occupied for a bit. I got them a air popper for healthy, low fat popcorn, and sometimes I'll spritz some nutritional yeast over it for some added B vitamins and a cheesy flavor.

Another hit are these oat-crusted chicken tenders that I bake in the oven. It's got a nice crispy texture that the kids enjoy, and I serve it with a side of roasted sweet potatoes or a fruity apple sauce dip for some added nutrition.

There's always room for improvement in the nutritional value of their meals, but these options seem to be working for now!
Carbonara with hidden pureed vegetables sounds clever!

Indeed, it can be challenging to balance taste and nutrition when cooking for toddlers, but it sounds like you're doing a great job!

My go-to is baking fish fillets with a simple crust made of crushed cornflakes and parmesan. It's easy and quick, and totz love the crunchy texture and cheese flavor. I vary the recipe by using different types of fish and adding some sliced lemons for added Vitamin C.

Another favorite is a nutritious smoothie! Mine blends banana, milk, Greek yogurt, and spinach/avocado. The fruity taste masking the avocado makes it a sneaky healthy drink, hehe.

What other tasty, healthy meals do you all whip up for your little ones? Any new ideas are welcome! 🍽️💝

Carbonara with hidden pureed vegetables sounds clever!

Indeed, it can be challenging to balance taste and nutrition when cooking for toddlers, but it sounds like you're doing a great job!

My go-to is baking fish fillets with a simple crust made of crushed cornflakes and parmesan. It's easy and quick, and totz love the crunchy texture and cheese flavor. I vary the recipe by using different types of fish and adding some sliced lemons for added Vitamin C.

Another favorite is a nutritious smoothie! Mine blends banana, milk, Greek yogurt, and spinach/avocado. The fruity taste masking the avocado makes it a sneaky healthy drink, hehe.

What other tasty, healthy meals do you all whip up for your little ones? Any new ideas are welcome! 🍽️💝
Well, you ladies certainly have some tasty sounding recipes up your sleeves!

I must say, I'm impressed by all the sneaky ways to get veggies into picky tot's diets! For mine, I often go the savory route with fried rice. I'll fry up some garlic and onions, then throw in some leftover meat and loads of veggies. Carrots, beans, peas, you name it! To make it extra fun and tasty, I'll sometimes add in some crab meat or shrimp. My little one loves the variety of textures and flavors, and it's an easy way to clean out the fridge too!

Also, I wouldn't say no to a good smoothie either, especially with all the fresh fruits we get in Singapore. I like blending a mix of bananas, mangoes, and strawberries with some milk and a teaspoon of honey for some extra sweetness. It's like having dessert for breakfast!

What about you mamas? Any other yummy, healthy dishes to share?

Well, you ladies certainly have some tasty sounding recipes up your sleeves!

I must say, I'm impressed by all the sneaky ways to get veggies into picky tot's diets! For mine, I often go the savory route with fried rice. I'll fry up some garlic and onions, then throw in some leftover meat and loads of veggies. Carrots, beans, peas, you name it! To make it extra fun and tasty, I'll sometimes add in some crab meat or shrimp. My little one loves the variety of textures and flavors, and it's an easy way to clean out the fridge too!

Also, I wouldn't say no to a good smoothie either, especially with all the fresh fruits we get in Singapore. I like blending a mix of bananas, mangoes, and strawberries with some milk and a teaspoon of honey for some extra sweetness. It's like having dessert for breakfast!

What about you mamas? Any other yummy, healthy dishes to share?
You guys are making me hungry with all these tasty toddler meals!

I like the idea of fried rice too! It's such a versatile way to clear out leftover veggies and meat, and it's easy to adapt to different tastes. I'll sometimes also make a simple omelette and sneaking chopped veggies into the mixture works like a charm.

If you're looking for something quick, healthy and portable, these fruit and oatmeal bars are great snacks for both kids and adults! They're made with mashed bananas, quick-cooking oats, and your choice of fruits (I like blueberries). They're sweetened naturally and are a nice energy boost without the guilt.

Or what about baked sweet potato fries? A healthy alternative to regular chips/fries, and you can serve them with a variety dips for some extra nutrition. Hummus, anyone?

There's so many great ideas here! It's encouraging to see how creative mums can get in the kitchen 😎🍃

You guys are making me hungry with all these tasty toddler meals!

I like the idea of fried rice too! It's such a versatile way to clear out leftover veggies and meat, and it's easy to adapt to different tastes. I'll sometimes also make a simple omelette and sneaking chopped veggies into the mixture works like a charm.

If you're looking for something quick, healthy and portable, these fruit and oatmeal bars are great snacks for both kids and adults! They're made with mashed bananas, quick-cooking oats, and your choice of fruits (I like blueberries). They're sweetened naturally and are a nice energy boost without the guilt.

Or what about baked sweet potato fries? A healthy alternative to regular chips/fries, and you can serve them with a variety dips for some extra nutrition. Hummus, anyone?

There's so many great ideas here! It's encouraging to see how creative mums can get in the kitchen 😎🍃
Mmmm, those fruit and oatmeal bars sound like a delicious mid-day treat! And I think it's a great idea to stock up on some healthy snacks that both mummy and the tot can enjoy.

I'm all about the balance between tasty and healthy too, so I don't feel too bad indulging in some comfort food occasionally. Besides, who can resist those cute little eyes begging for a taste of what mummy's eating?!

On days when I want a hassle-free meal that checks off the nutrition boxes, I go for whole grain wraps! They're versatile and a breeze to prepare. I'll usually pack them with lean protein like chicken slices or ham, lots of leafy greens like baby spinach or arugula, and some sliced veggies like cucumbers or bell peppers. A little bit of hummus or a drizzle of honey mustard dressing gives it some kick. Roll 'em up and cut them into bite-sized rounds, and they're perfect for tiny hands too!

What about you guys? Any quick fire, nutritious meals to share? 😉

Mmmm, those fruit and oatmeal bars sound like a delicious mid-day treat! And I think it's a great idea to stock up on some healthy snacks that both mummy and the tot can enjoy.

I'm all about the balance between tasty and healthy too, so I don't feel too bad indulging in some comfort food occasionally. Besides, who can resist those cute little eyes begging for a taste of what mummy's eating?!

On days when I want a hassle-free meal that checks off the nutrition boxes, I go for whole grain wraps! They're versatile and a breeze to prepare. I'll usually pack them with lean protein like chicken slices or ham, lots of leafy greens like baby spinach or arugula, and some sliced veggies like cucumbers or bell peppers. A little bit of hummus or a drizzle of honey mustard dressing gives it some kick. Roll 'em up and cut them into bite-sized rounds, and they're perfect for tiny hands too!

What about you guys? Any quick fire, nutritious meals to share? 😉
Whole grain wraps sound like a great, balanced meal! I love how you can pack so many healthy ingredients into one convenient package 😊

When I want something quick, I'll throw together a cold pasta salad using whole wheat penne. I'll boil the pasta al dente and toss it with chopped veggies like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Then, a simple dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. It's refreshing, delicious, and ready in no time!

Another favorite is a good old fruit salad! Cut-up fruits are a hit with my little one, and it's so easy to prep. I'll sometimes add some plain yogurt and a drizzle of honey for a bit of creaminess. It's also fun to let the little ones help in assembling their own fruity masterpiece 😁🍉

So many yummy ideas! Are there any other wholesome snacks or meals that your toddlers love?

Whole grain wraps sound like a great, balanced meal! I love how you can pack so many healthy ingredients into one convenient package 😊

When I want something quick, I'll throw together a cold pasta salad using whole wheat penne. I'll boil the pasta al dente and toss it with chopped veggies like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Then, a simple dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. It's refreshing, delicious, and ready in no time!

Another favorite is a good old fruit salad! Cut-up fruits are a hit with my little one, and it's so easy to prep. I'll sometimes add some plain yogurt and a drizzle of honey for a bit of creaminess. It's also fun to let the little ones help in assembling their own fruity masterpiece 😁🍉

So many yummy ideas! Are there any other wholesome snacks or meals that your toddlers love?
Ahhh... that pasta salad looks good! I'm liking all these tasty and healthy options!

My tot is a huge fan of poké bowls - the colorful raw fish salads. Of course, I'll go easy on the sauce and adapt it to her taste by adding some sliced avocado, a sprinkle of crunchy noodles, and lots of fresh vegetables. It's a great way to get some omega-3s into her diet, and she loves the interactivity of picking and eating from a bowl filled with different ingredients.

I also love making vegetable muffin frittatas! They're super versatile, fun to eat, and easy to prepare. You can basically grill any leftover veggies you have, whisk them together with some eggs, and bake them in a muffin tray. I like topping them with some cheese for that extra temptation hehe. They store well too, so they're great for meal prep!

What about you mummies? Any yummy treats to share? 😋👩‍🍳

Ahhh... that pasta salad looks good! I'm liking all these tasty and healthy options!

My tot is a huge fan of poké bowls - the colorful raw fish salads. Of course, I'll go easy on the sauce and adapt it to her taste by adding some sliced avocado, a sprinkle of crunchy noodles, and lots of fresh vegetables. It's a great way to get some omega-3s into her diet, and she loves the interactivity of picking and eating from a bowl filled with different ingredients.

I also love making vegetable muffin frittatas! They're super versatile, fun to eat, and easy to prepare. You can basically grill any leftover veggies you have, whisk them together with some eggs, and bake them in a muffin tray. I like topping them with some cheese for that extra temptation hehe. They store well too, so they're great for meal prep!

What about you mummies? Any yummy treats to share? 😋👩‍🍳
Mmmm...piqué bowls sound fancy and delish! And I love the sound of those muffin frittatas too - what a clever way to get some extra veggies into the diet!

When I want a super quick snack that's also fun and Mess-free, I go for DIY fruit and veggie popsicles! All you need is some pureed fruits or boiled veggies, pour them into those reusable popsicle molds, and freeze overnight. My kids love them as an occasional treat, and I like how they can be easily customized to suit different dietary needs.

Another go-to is homemade mini pizza! A whole wheat tortilla base topped with some tomato paste, veggies, and low-fat mozzarella. They're cute, yummy, and the little ones can decorate their own mini pizzas too 🤤🍕

So many ideas! Are you guys also big on sensory play-like activities in the kitchen? Those pizza-decorating sessions can get quite messy but are super fun for the littles ones 😂

Mmmm...piqué bowls sound fancy and delish! And I love the sound of those muffin frittatas too - what a clever way to get some extra veggies into the diet!

When I want a super quick snack that's also fun and Mess-free, I go for DIY fruit and veggie popsicles! All you need is some pureed fruits or boiled veggies, pour them into those reusable popsicle molds, and freeze overnight. My kids love them as an occasional treat, and I like how they can be easily customized to suit different dietary needs.

Another go-to is homemade mini pizza! A whole wheat tortilla base topped with some tomato paste, veggies, and low-fat mozzarella. They're cute, yummy, and the little ones can decorate their own mini pizzas too 🤤🍕

So many ideas! Are you guys also big on sensory play-like activities in the kitchen? Those pizza-decorating sessions can get quite messy but are super fun for the littles ones 😂
Yes indeed! Hehe sensorie play is a big hit with my boy too! We both enjoy the extra bonding and mess hahaha.
I also love freeze-dried fruits as a crunchy, tasty snack option! They're like healthy chips that are sweet instead of savory. Just make sure to get ones without any added sugar or preservatives. I usually go for freeze-dried mangoes or bananas - nature's candy, man!

On the savory side, my son is obsessed with "totchos"! It's like nachos but with tater tots instead of chips. They're great as a lunch main, topped with some minced meat sauce, melted cheese, and lots of veggies like corn, olives, or peppers. Mmmm...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it 😋🤤

Yes indeed! Hehe sensorie play is a big hit with my boy too! We both enjoy the extra bonding and mess hahaha.
I also love freeze-dried fruits as a crunchy, tasty snack option! They're like healthy chips that are sweet instead of savory. Just make sure to get ones without any added sugar or preservatives. I usually go for freeze-dried mangoes or bananas - nature's candy, man!

On the savory side, my son is obsessed with "totchos"! It's like nachos but with tater tots instead of chips. They're great as a lunch main, topped with some minced meat sauce, melted cheese, and lots of veggies like corn, olives, or peppers. Mmmm...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it 😋🤤
Great idea with the freeze-dried fruits! That's an excellent sweet snack option that I'd love to try - nature's candy is right!!

I've also been making my own homemade fish fingers recently, which my toddler loves to dip in some sweet chili sauce. They're so much tastier and healthier than the shop-bought ones, plus it's a great way to use up any white fish fillets. I coat them with some cornmeal and spices, bake them in the oven, and voila - crispy deliciousness!

What other tasty, healthy snacks are your go-tos? 😊

Great idea with the freeze-dried fruits! That's an excellent sweet snack option that I'd love to try - nature's candy is right!!

I've also been making my own homemade fish fingers recently, which my toddler loves to dip in some sweet chili sauce. They're so much tastier and healthier than the shop-bought ones, plus it's a great way to use up any white fish fillets. I coat them with some cornmeal and spices, bake them in the oven, and voila - crispy deliciousness!

What other tasty, healthy snacks are your go-tos? 😊
Ohhh... homemade fish fingers sound soooo good!! 🤤 My girl would love those too!
I sometimes make healthier 'chicken nuggets' by coating chicken breast chunks in crushed cornflakes and baking them instead of frying. I serve them with a side of homemade sweet chili sauce or some organic ketchup.

Another favorite are these cocoa oatmeal cookies which I'd let the kids help me make. They're sweetened with honey and packed with nutritious oats, plus the cocoa gives that nice chocolatey comfort. They never seem to last very long though; it's such a teasible treat! 😋

Ohhh... homemade fish fingers sound soooo good!! 🤤 My girl would love those too!
I sometimes make healthier 'chicken nuggets' by coating chicken breast chunks in crushed cornflakes and baking them instead of frying. I serve them with a side of homemade sweet chili sauce or some organic ketchup.

Another favorite are these cocoa oatmeal cookies which I'd let the kids help me make. They're sweetened with honey and packed with nutritious oats, plus the cocoa gives that nice chocolatey comfort. They never seem to last very long though; it's such a teasible treat! 😋
Those chicken nuggets sound like a great idea! Crushed cornflakes as coating is genius!

I've been also making homemade yogurt popsicles recently with fresh berries, they're such a delight on hot afternoons, and I feel extra happy knowing they're healthy too haha.

Sometimes, I get creative and blend different pureed fruits to make rainbow popsicles. The colors always impress my girl, and it's fun to guess the flavors!

Those chicken nuggets sound like a great idea! Crushed cornflakes as coating is genius!

I've been also making homemade yogurt popsicles recently with fresh berries, they're such a delight on hot afternoons, and I feel extra happy knowing they're healthy too haha.

Sometimes, I get creative and blend different pureed fruits to make rainbow popsicles. The colors always impress my girl, and it's fun to guess the flavors!
Hahaha that's so clever - rainbow popsicles! Kids would surely love those colorful treats.
My son is also into smoothies these days. I usually pack his with spinach, frozen strawberries or bananas, and Greek yogurt for some sneaky nutrition haha.
For a fun, quick snack, I'll occasionally toast some whole grain bread, cut it into 'soldier' sticks, and serve with a side of homemade guacamole. That's a crowd favorite too! 😊

Hahaha that's so clever - rainbow popsicles! Kids would surely love those colorful treats.
My son is also into smoothies these days. I usually pack his with spinach, frozen strawberries or bananas, and Greek yogurt for some sneaky nutrition haha.
For a fun, quick snack, I'll occasionally toast some whole grain bread, cut it into 'soldier' sticks, and serve with a side of homemade guacamole. That's a crowd favorite too! 😊
Wow, you guys have so many creative ideas! I'm impressed!

I think many toddlers would love the novelty of eating rainbow-coloured food, haha. Mine is no exception; he gives the biggest smiles when he sees colourful food on his plate!
I've been meaning to make smoothies more often; they're so convenient and nutritious. Do you find that your toddlers enjoy drinking them often too?

Wow, you guys have so many creative ideas! I'm impressed!

I think many toddlers would love the novelty of eating rainbow-coloured food, haha. Mine is no exception; he gives the biggest smiles when he sees colourful food on his plate!
I've been meaning to make smoothies more often; they're so convenient and nutritious. Do you find that your toddlers enjoy drinking them often too?
Yes, my tot is a huge fan of smoothies! He calls it his "ice cold" drink, haha. I usually offer it when he wants something different from water but isn't that hungry for solid food. He likes the occasional strawberry and banana blends, but his favorite is definitely the green smoothie with spinach hidden inside! It's amazing how kids will guzzle down veggie-packed smoothies without a fuss - such sneaky fun!
I also like to prep smoothie bags ahead of time - freeze different fruit chunks and spinach into portions, so it's handy when I need a quick fix. Do you have any other nifty tricks for healthy snacking?

Yes, my tot is a huge fan of smoothies! He calls it his "ice cold" drink, haha. I usually offer it when he wants something different from water but isn't that hungry for solid food. He likes the occasional strawberry and banana blends, but his favorite is definitely the green smoothie with spinach hidden inside! It's amazing how kids will guzzle down veggie-packed smoothies without a fuss - such sneaky fun!
I also like to prep smoothie bags ahead of time - freeze different fruit chunks and spinach into portions, so it's handy when I need a quick fix. Do you have any other nifty tricks for healthy snacking?
;D

I've been cutting up vegetables into toddler-friendly sizes - baby carrots, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes - and keeping them in containers on the top shelf of the fridge. That way, they're easy to grab when my tot asks for a snack. He enjoys eating them plain and dipping them in hummus too!

I've been cutting up vegetables into toddler-friendly sizes - baby carrots, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes - and keeping them in containers on the top shelf of the fridge. That way, they're easy to grab when my tot asks for a snack. He enjoys eating them plain and dipping them in hummus too!
Having readily available healthy snacks is indeed convenient, especially when our toddlers have strange appetites!

I'm guilty of forgetting to finish my fruits sometimes, so I've started keeping chopped fruits like melon, mangoes and apples separated in containers. That way, I can easily grab a small portion for my girl without having to chop them up each time. It saves a lot of preparation time and reduces wastage too!

What are some other healthy foods that your little one enjoys?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu