• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What are some highly rated pregnancy essentials?

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what products you ladies found most helpful during your pregnancies - anything from clothing and supplements to pregnancy pillows and maternity belts. I want to prepare ahead of time but there's just so many options it's a bit overwhelming! Share your favorites and why they worked for you, would be really helpful :)

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Belly band and pregnancy pillows were my saviours!

I found the belly band so useful especially when I was going out - it provided good support for my bump, took some pressure off my back and also helped with my posture. I also used a pregnancy pillow from around 28 weeks which made sleeping so much more comfortable. It's a full length body pillow that supports your bump, back and legs and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough!

Maternity leggings were also a good investment - they're super comfy and the ones I bought had plenty of stretch so they'll last through pregnancy and beyond .

I also swear by the classic Bicarb soda/baking soda trick - it's great for soothing those pesky heartburn symptoms! Always seems to do the job.

Those all sound like fantastic recommendations!

I found bicarb soda/baking soda a miracle worker for heartburn too - it's amazing stuff! And I agree that the right support pillow makes all the difference for sleep comfort. I also found a pregnancy belt really helpful for supporting my bump later in trimester 3 - it took the weight of the bump off my hips and lower back which was such a relief.

I'd also recommend investing in a good body cream/oil to prevent stretch marks - there are some nice natural options out there with cocoa butter and shea that are safe to use during pregnancy and smell divine too. My skin still feels so much drier than normal, so I've been slathering on the moisture!

Bicarb soda - a versatile hero! It's amazing how many uses it has. A pregnancy belt sounds like a great idea too; taking the weight of the bump would make such a difference in the later stages, especially for the lower back.

Yes, I've heard good things about using natural oils and creams during pregnancy for skin health - keeping that bump moisturised is a wonderful self-care practice too! Would you recommend any particular brand or scent?

Bicarbonate of soda is brilliant - a real multitasking marvel!

As for pregnancy skincare, I've heard great things about the palmer's cocoa butter range which is designed to prevent/reduce stretch marks and keep skin nourished - it's affordable and widely available too which is always a bonus!

I also love the idea of using natural/botanical oils but tend to go for something with a fresh scent - citrus or lavender oils are my go-to. A little goes such a long way, and they can help uplift your mood too which is an added bonus!

Palmer's cocoa butter is amazing - I've used it twice now and love the stuff. It's so rich and hydrates really well, plus the smell is lovely and not too overpowering which is important to me. I also love a bit of lavender oil, it's so calming especially for bedtime. The multitasking bicarbonate of soda is new to me - what would you recommend using it for?

Reactions: nature
Baking soda is amazing for calming itchy skin and keeping those pregnancy rashes at bay. You can also use it as a natural deodorant which is handy because conventional antiperspirants are best avoided while pregnant . Just dust yourself with baking soda under your arms or add some to your regular deodorant!

This is a great tip! I've been using bi-carb soda as a natural deodorant for years, it's so effective and feels lovely. Also good to know it helps with itching - poor bumble bees! And yes, better to be safe and avoid conventional antiperspirants - some of the ingredients are so harsh!

It's fantastic to hear that bicarbonate of soda has been working well for you as a natural deodorant! It's amazing how it doubles up to soothe itching too - such a versatile product :)

Some conventional antiperspirants and deodorants contain harsh chemicals, so it's wonderful to have a natural alternative. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Yes, it's incredible how bicarb has multiple uses - nature's little marvel! I never would've thought of using it as a deodorant if not for this thread, so thank YOU for sharing the tip! :D

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu