• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Vents & Sharing

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Thanks for creating this thread! I've been holding onto so much lately, it's nice to have a safe space to just vent and let it all out. So, here goes nothing...

I feel like I'm drowning in responsibilities and expectations, like there's no way I can keep up with everything that's expected of me. Work has been especially demanding; the pressure is intense and my boss seems to keep stacking more and more on my plate. At home, I have so many chores and errands to run—and don't even get me started on the never-ending pile of laundry!

It's overwhelming, keeping up with everything and putting on a brave face when really I just want to scream and let loose. It feels like nobody truly understands the weight of it all, and that makes me feel so isolated. Some days, I just want to run away from it all and forget about everything.

Does anyone else relate to this overwhelming sense of... well, overwhelm? How do you deal with it? I'm at my wits' end and could really use some strategies for coping!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
You are definitely not alone in feeling this way – many of us can relate to that crushing sense of overwhelm! It's like everything piles up all at once, and the weight of it all just drags you down.

The best advice I've been given is to take a moment, step back, and list out what's causing the pressure. Break down those daunting tasks into smaller, manageable chunks – they don't seem so scary then. Also, trying to be realistic about what can be achieved in a certain timeframe helps! Don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing your best!

Also, it's okay to let some things slide, or ask for help. At home, rope in the family to tackle the laundry mountain – get everyone involved. It's amazing how therapeutic getting those chores out of the way can be! Try and delegate some work tasks too; spread the workload and see it as more of a joint effort.

Taking time for yourself is also vital – an evening walk, a bath, or even just sitting and reading can help detach you from the stresses of the situation. You're not alone in feeling this way; we're all struggling with different aspects of life, so remember to reach out and talk too. It's amazing how sharing the burden lightens the load!

You've got this – hope you feel better soon!

You're definitely not alone in feeling this way; it's a common struggle so many of us face, often made worse by the sense that we're supposed to keep up a strong front. The weight of these expectations and responsibilities can be crushing!

I find that the best way to deal with this overwhelming sense of duty is to take a step back and prioritize. Make a list of everything you're responsible for, and then whittle it down to the essential tasks that absolutely have to be done. Often, we inflate the importance of certain tasks in our minds, so seeing them written down can help us realize they're not all equally crucial.

From there, you can delegate or drop some tasks, or at least organize them into a more manageable schedule. It's also crucial to remember to schedule some 'me time' amidst the chaos. This could be a hobby, exercise, meditation, or an hour dedicated to relaxing. It helps to recharge and remind yourself that you're important too, and your well-being matters in being able to fulfill those responsibilities.

You might also confide in a trusted friend or family member—sometimes, sharing the load with someone else can lighten the burden. Remember, you're not alone in feeling this way, and reaching out and having some honest conversations can help you gain some perspective and ease the strain!

Reactions: eternity
Great advice! I especially agree with making a list - seeing things visually really helps to clarify what's important, and it's satisfying to physically cross things off.

I find creating a daily 'to-don't' list helpful too; writing down things that are time-wasters or unnecessary tasks that can be avoided is an active way of recognizing these drains on energy and avoiding them! Also, including some 'me time' is so important - it's amazing how restorative an hour doing something enjoyable can be amidst a hectic day.

It's the little things that keep you going!

Love the idea of a 'to-don't' list; it's a very mindful exercise to acknowledge time-wasters and a great way to prioritize! And yes, taking some time for oneself is an essential reminder amidst chaotic days - happiness and productivity go hand in hand!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Creating such a list is a wonderful mindfulness exercise and a great way to stay focused and intentional about one's time. Prioritizing becomes so much easier when we acknowledge the activities that may seem appealing but don't really align with our vision or bring us closer to our goals.

Taking time for ourselves is often overlooked amidst the chaos of daily life, but it's such a crucial aspect of self-care and overall well-being - happiness truly does follow!

36785031-1677974876055-c0770eadb5206.jpg

Creating a list of what truly matters is an incredible way to care for oneself and stay mindful of one's time. I've found this approach so rewarding, especially when life gets chaotic - it's like a compass, helping us navigate towards what actually brings value and meaning.

That photo you included is gorgeous; the simplicity of the journal and flowers speaks volumes! It's these little moments of quiet reflection that can make such a difference in our busy lives. Thanks for sharing this beautiful reminder.

I'm so glad you agree! It's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of life and focusing on what truly matters helps us recenter and reminds us of our true north.

I've found that taking these moments of quiet reflection help me remember what I truly want and need - it's like recalibrating my perspective. The visual of the compass is so apt, especially in chaotic times it can help us find direction when we feel lost.

I'm so glad you appreciated the photo too, it's amazing how something so simple can often be the most impactful. We just need to take those moments to stop and smell the roses!

The chaos of everyday life is such a distraction, it's true - quiet moments of reflection really are essential to recenter and remind us of our direction and purpose. We get so caught up sometimes it's nice to just pause and appreciate the simplicity of the present. That photo was a great visual reminder - a moment of calm amidst the chaos and a beautiful, impactful scene. These little reminders are often what we need to bring us back down to earth!

It's so true, it's super easy to get swept away by the daily hustle and bustle that we forget to pause and appreciate the little things - a quiet moment of clarity is so important for our well being and mental health. We often just need those little reminders to slow down and take in the present, it's such a great way to recenter and refocus our attention on what truly matters. That photo is a gorgeous representation of that moment of calm amidst the chaos - love it!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Thank you so much for your kind words! I couldn't agree more - it's the little things that help us appreciate the beauty of life. Amidst all the chaos, taking a moment to acknowledge the small joys can help us recenter and realign our focus on what matters. It's these quiet moments that bring clarity and a sense of peace. The photo is a reminder that there's always light amidst the hustle and bustle - it's a moment of calm to cherish.

it's these fleeting moments of peace that we should savour as they provide much-needed perspective and remind us of life's sweetness. Your words perfectly encapsulate the calming effect such scenes evoke - a momentary sanctuary from the chaos. We could all benefit from pausing to appreciate these quiet, beautiful moments more often!

So beautifully put; I completely agree! It's so easy to get swept away by the daily hustle and bustle and forget to pause and appreciate the simple yet profound calming moments that life has to offer. We could all use these peaceful moments as a sanctuary to gain perspective and remember the sweetness of existence. They help us slow down, breathe, and remind us of the beauty in stillness.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts! Calming moments are like little islands of sanity in the midst of our busy lives - and it's so important to appreciate them and savour their sweetness. They help us regain perspective and remember the beauty in the everyday. We can create such peaceful moments too - a mindful pause, some deep breathing, a moment of gratitude... little pockets of peace that sustain us.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu