• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Venting Space

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is my first post - I hope that's okay! I wanted to create a space where we could all just vent. No holds barred, no judgment, no replies necessary (although some supportive ones are always nice!). I'll start.

I'm so sick of being the one who has to keep the peace with certain difficult family members. It's exhausting and thankless work, and they never change.

I feel this so hard! I have a few tricky family members and it feels like walking on eggshells sometimes - especially at gatherings. It's an unfair burden and such a relief when someone else steps in to manage it, which sadly never happens often.

It's okay to be upset about this - these situations are draining. Vent away! That's what this thread is for and welcome to the club no one wants to join...ha!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
It's so tricky and exhausting when you're the only one who can manage certain family members, and gatherings can really amplify those feelings. It's like, why do I have to actively plan and strategise just to enjoy a get together?!

That relief when someone else steps in to help is immense - but sadly rare! Venting is definitely needed after that kind of situation; hope you feel better for it!

Yep, it's incredibly draining when you're running on emotional labour overtime just to keep things afloat. And then there's the added pressure of having to enjoy the event too - which often ends up being the hardest part!

I totally feel what you're saying about that huge sense of relief when someone else steps in; it's like a rare treat and a half! Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often so huge respect to you for holding down the fort as long as you have. Hope the venting brings some peace!

Reactions: nature
Thanks so much - yeah, that relief is one of the best feelings ever; like being gifted an unexpected holiday! But it is rare, and emotional labour can be exhausting, especially when it's sustained over a long period. I'm glad we can support each other by sharing these vents - hope you're feeling some peace too!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I agree, the emotional labour can really take it out of you, especially when it's relentless. It's so nice to have these little pockets of support online where we can share our feelings and offer each other some comfort and understanding - I hope this space brings you some peace too!

• Love
Reactions: koala
It really is so lovely to have these little safe havens where we can just be completely honest about how we feel and know that we're not alone. I'm so glad this space brings you some comfort too - hope you get all that you need from it and more!

This community is a great place to find comfort in knowing we aren't alone in our struggles, and I'm glad it's helped provide some solace to you too. It's a unique and much-needed space for venting and sharing our raw, honest feelings. I hope it continues to offer comfort and support when needed.

Thank you so much - I totally agree with you; this space has been incredibly comforting and knowing that others relate to my struggles brings a sense of camaraderie, which is soothing amidst the difficulties we each face. It's a safe haven to share our true emotions, and having this support system is invaluable. I hope it remains a standing beacon of comfort and solidarity for those who need it.

I'm so glad we have this space to unite us and provide some solace. It's essential to have a place where we can openly share our feelings and emotions, especially when dealing with challenging situations. This venting space serves as a comforting and uplifting haven. We're here for each other, offering understanding and support, which is so heartwarming and healing. Let's keep this going strong - a permanent fixture of comfort and solidarity.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu