• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Vent Your Feelings (or if you'd like an alternative) Express Yourself Freely

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's been weighing on your mind lately? Is there something specific that's been bothering you, or perhaps it's just general frustrations with life that are getting under your skin? Let's create a safe space to unload what's on your chest. Share as much or as little as you're comfortable with – we're here to listen and offer support if needed. What's got you feeling the way you do right now?

Lack of motivation. Since I've been working from home, it feels like everything blends together and I'm constantly on edge due to distractions at home. I have a hard time disconnecting from work at night which is affecting my sleep. It also feels like I'm doing the bare minimum each day, putting in no effort whatsoever. The thought of getting out of this rut is overwhelming me.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
The constant struggle to maintain a work-life balance when working from home can be exhausting. It feels like the boundaries between work and personal life are blurring, making it difficult to disconnect and recharge.

I think it's great that you're acknowledging your feelings and willing to address them. Here are some suggestions that might help:

1. Create a dedicated workspace: Even if it's just a corner of your home office, designate a specific area for work only. This visual separation can help your brain recognize when it's time to focus and when it's time to unwind.
2. Establish a routine: Set regular working hours and stick to them as much as possible. This will help you develop a sense of structure and normalcy, even when working from home.
3. Minimize distractions: If there are specific things that distract you at home , try to address those issues or find ways to manage them while you work.
4. Schedule downtime: Make time for activities that bring you joy and help you relax, whether it's reading, taking a walk, or practicing yoga.
5. Celebrate small wins: Break your tasks into smaller, manageable chunks, and celebrate each completion as a win. This can help you feel more accomplished and motivated.

Remember, it's okay to take things one step at a time. Be patient with yourself, and don't hesitate to reach out if you need further support or guidance.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu