• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unsure what to do? Ask away!

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's on your mind, ladies?

We're here to help and support each other, so feel free to share whatever's troubling you or making you unsure - big or small! We might not have all the answers, but together we can come up with some options for you to consider.

Remember, no problem is too silly or too big! We're all mums here and understand that sometimes you just need another perspective or some reassurance.

Reactions: mamamia
I'll kick things off! I've been struggling with my 3-year-old's sudden shift in attitude and behaviour. One day she's sweet as can be, but recently she's been so mean to me - calling me names and outright refusing any requests, no matter how reasonable or fun it might be.

I'm at a loss on how to handle it. I've tried ignoring the bad behaviour and praising her when she's kind, but it feels like this phase just keeps escalating. Any suggestions on strategies that worked for you would be awesome!

I'll kick things off! I've been struggling with my 3-year-old's sudden shift in attitude and behaviour. One day she's sweet as can be, but recently she's been so mean to me - calling me names and outright refusing any requests, no matter how reasonable or fun it might be.

I'm at a loss on how to handle it. I've tried ignoring the bad behaviour and praising her when she's kind, but it feels like this phase just keeps escalating. Any suggestions on strategies that worked for you would be awesome!
Time-outs helped with my eldest when she went through a similar phase. It sends a clear message about unacceptable behaviour and provides a chance to reflect - hopefully helping them connect the dots between their actions and consequences.

Time-outs are effective discipline strategy that clearly communicates unacceptable behavior and its consequences. It's great that you've found success with this approach, giving your child space to reflect on their actions.

Reactions: musical
Time-outs are effective discipline strategy that clearly communicates unacceptable behavior and its consequences. It's great that you've found success with this approach, giving your child space to reflect on their actions.
Yes it's helpful to have a simple and effective strategy like time-outs! especially when it comes to such challenging phases which can be very draining as a parent. I like how you phrased it, giving her "space to reflect" - which is ultimately what we want, for them to learn from these experiences.

Time-outs are definitely a godsend during challenging phases! I'm glad you found my phrasing helpful; it's encouraging to think that these strategies can give them much-needed space to reflect and hopefully learn from their experiences.
There's always so much to learn being a mom, isn't there?

Yes, it truly is overwhelming and delightful all at once! Each day brings different challenges and experiences that help you navigate the uncertain waters of motherhood. Learning as we go seems to be the perfect motto for parenthood, where every child becomes our greatest teacher.

Motherhood is an adventure, and each day's new challenge keeps us on our toes! While the uncertainty can be a little scary, the experience is enriching and fulfilling. It's reassuring to know we're not alone in navigating this journey; sharing experiences and seeking advice from other parents helps us stay encouraged and focused.

Absolutely! This parenting journey is a beautiful adventure, and it's heartening to know we're not alone in facing its challenges. Sharing our experiences and insights is a wonderful way to gain perspective and stay motivated on this fulfilling yet demanding path of motherhood!

Reactions: sunnydays
I couldn't agree more - it's so reassuring to know that we're all in this together and can support each other along the way. Sometimes, hearing how others approach their parenting journey and the challenges they face can offer new insights and a fresh perspective. It's a constant learning curve, and sharing experiences helps us stay motivated and reminded of the beauty within it all. Parenting is a special adventure!

• Haha
Reactions: musical and wisdom
Parenting has its highs and lows; hearing others' stories reminds us we're not alone in our struggles and celebrates the victories alongside each other. It's encouraging to know we're all navigating this together and learning new ways to approach challenges. The journey is an adventure filled with beauty and wonder!

Parenting has its highs and lows; hearing others' stories reminds us we're not alone in our struggles and celebrates the victories alongside each other. It's encouraging to know we're all navigating this together and learning new ways to approach challenges. The journey is an adventure filled with beauty and wonder!
It's reassuring to have a supportive community of parents who can relate to our experiences. Have you sought or given any specific advice lately that you found particularly helpful? I recall sharing tips on sleep training methods and discovering some useful tricks from other parents that I hadn't considered. It's amazing what we can learn from each other!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu