• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unsure about something? Mums are here to help!

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
If you've got an issue big or small, we've been there and know what it's like! From troubleshooting tricky parenting situations to finding the right toy for your toddler, ask away! We're here with friendly advice and a supportive ear. Mums of all experience levels welcome - whether you're a first-time mum or a seasoned pro, come on in!

We're here to help with any parenthood quandaries you might have! Whether it's finding the right school or managing a fussy eater, we've likely faced similar situations and can offer some guidance. So feel free to ask away, and hopefully, together we can come up with some solutions to your problems.

Parenting is full of little conundrums! From sleep regressions to picky eating habits, I could definitely use some advice from fellow mums on how to tackle these issues without losing my sanity!
My first question is about transitioning my 2-year-old from cot to a big kid bed. Any tips on making this change less daunting? I'm worried it'll be a struggle to get him to stay in his new bed, and the thought of endless nights of running back into his room has me exhausted already!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
I feel your pain; my tot recently made the same transition. It definitely helped to make the new bed seem exciting and special - let them help pick out the sheets and blankets, and perhaps a new stuffed animal to 'guard' the bed. Also, give lots of positive reinforcement - every night, praise and reward your little one for staying put in their big kid bed. You can also try using a visual incentive/reward chart; for each night they stay in their bed, let them put a sticker on the chart . After a certain number of stickers, offer a special treat - perhaps a trip to the park or an extra story at bedtime.

Good luck, mama!

Those are some great suggestions! Making the transition smoother with some fun incentives is a fantastic idea - love the sticker reward chart, too! Anything to make the change more positive and fun for them . Thanks so much for sharing - hope everything goes well!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
You're very welcome - glad those ideas could help give some encouragement and good feelings towards the changes ahead! Wishing you all the best with it too, it's so lovely to have positive reinforcements to help along the way :)

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
You're very welcome! Positivity is a wonderful attitude, and I love how it creates a beneficial ripple effect too. It's a great mindset to adopt and cultivate -- your happiness and good spirits can help brighten others' days as well :)

I couldn't agree more! Spreading positivity is like creating a beautiful butterfly effect; you never know how far the reach of your happy vibes will extend. They say happiness is contagious, so keep spreading those good vibes!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu