• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unsure about something? Mums are here to help

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a safe space where you can come to ask any question big or small and get some great advice from mums who have been there and done it all before! We've got years of experience under our belts so no question is too silly to ask!

What's on your mind? Fire away!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
I'm quite curious to know what's on people's minds too! We all have different life experiences and knowledge, so it's nice to share and learn from each other in this safe space. It takes courage to ask for help or share our problems, so kudos to everyone who does!

So, what's buggin' y'all? Any queries or doubts are welcome here! We can start by offering some friendly advice, then we'll see how things go from there.

Reactions: joyful
Wah, this is such a nice space to just let it all out! I'm really curious to hear what other mums have been through. I'm sure we all have different stories and experiences to share!

So, I'll go first! I've been wondering if there's an easy way to get my tot to eat more veggies? She seems to just push them aside or play with them on her plate. I'm worried she's not getting enough nutrients but she insists she's not hungry when I offer her more food after her meals. Any ideas, ladies?

Hello thread!

I think this is a fab idea because we all have our moments of doubt and uncertainty and it's great to have a safe space where we can seek some guidance! I'm sure lots of mums and parents out there will benefit from this! 👍🏼

I'm curious to know what's that one thing you wish you knew earlier about parenting or life in general, now that you're more experienced? Something you'd share with newbie parents or people in general, to help them through their journey!

Let the confessions and wise words flow! 😁

53906695022_cfbac1b0af_m.jpg

Not sure if this is the done thing to post random thoughts here, but here goes.

Been thinking about getting a new phone. My old one's fine, it's just that everyone around me seems to have upgraded and their fancy new phones look so enticing!

53899371981_6a947d7aff_m.jpg

Sure thing! This looks like a nice, inclusive space. I've got a question actually - I'm thinking of getting a pet but I'm unsure if I should go for a cat or a dog! I live in a small apartment so I'm leaning towards a cat cos they're more independent right? But then again, dogs are so cute and fluffy too... Any thoughts or experiences to share?

If you're thinking about what to cook for dinner tonight, I'd suggest just grabbing some hawker food on the way back home. Rain checks?

Reactions: techsavvy
Yup yup! This is a great initiative to help those who need some advice or are unsure about certain things!

As a generally clueless human being myself, I'm sure I'll be able to chime in with some thoughts here and there when needed - especially on parenthood matters cause that's my main hat these days. Looking forward to seeing the discussions!

• Love
Reactions: nature and luciana
New phone! New phone! That's a tough one because on the one hand, your old one is doing just fine, but then again, who can resist the allure of the latest technology? We've all been there at some point, eh? Upgrade itch haha.

So, what's your budget like and do you have any specific phones in mind yet?

Reactions: koala
I'll go first! I've been wondering if anyone has recommendations for an all-in-one skincare product that's good for sensitive skin. Something that would ideally hydrate, protect and give a healthy glow - does such a thing exist?!

Well, you've come to the right place for some no-frills, unbiased advice from experienced mums!

See, the grass is always greener on the other side. Your friends' phones seem fancy because they're new, but that's not a good enough reason to splurge, especially when your current phone serves you well.

That said, it's totally understandable to want to treat yourself to something new and shiny. So, any particular models catch your eye or budget-friendly options you've explored? We can give you some honest feedback and maybe share experiences with those phone models!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
It's okay to not be perfect. Parenting can be overwhelming at times, so give yourselves some grace.

As parents, we often focus on our kid's physical well-being - making sure they eat right and stay active. But later on, I realised that it's equally vital to pay attention to their mental health too. Wish I knew more about creating an emotionally safe space for them to share their feelings without fear.

Also, no harm admitting you're wrong. Kids are watching and learning from our every move. Being a good role model doesn't mean you have to be super strict or serious all the time. It's okay - and quite fun - to let loose and goof around once in a while!

There's quite a few all-in-one products out there targeting different skin types. For sensitive skin, I've heard good things about the Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream. Some mums swear by it and say it really helps calm irritated or inflamed skin. It's also affordable compared to most other options. Worth a shot, I'd say!

Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu