• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unleash your anger

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So we've all been there - something, or someone has really ticked us off and we just want to let loose. Well, here's your chance! Tell us about it: what happened, how it made you feel, and why it makes you so angry.

Go ahead and unleash!

Reactions: joyful
So we've all been there - something, or someone has really ticked us off and we just want to let loose. Well, here's your chance! Tell us about it: what happened, how it made you feel, and why it makes you so angry.

Go ahead and unleash!
It's frustrating when people make assumptions about stay-at-home moms. I had a conversation with a neighbor lately who somehow got the idea that staying at home meant I didn't have any job or responsibilities, that my days were filled with tea parties and leisure. Really? Am I not working when I'm juggling household management, parenting, and keeping the family finances afloat? The implied judgment stung, especially as the discussion continued and she shared her view that my choice was an "easy way out."

It made me so angry because it showed how little some folks understand the challenges of parenting, the dedication and resilience needed as a stay-at-home parent. It's like being an unseen superhero, keeping the family afloat behind the scenes, which is a challenging and tiring role. I felt dismissed, like my contributions didn't matter because they weren't in the traditional workforce.

So, to those who think staying at home is a holiday, I'd love to invite them to try managing the chaos for a week! It's an all-inclusive, high-energy, 24/7 role that's certainly not for the faint of heart. But I'm proud of what I do, and nobody should be exempt from recognizing the value of keeping a home and raising the next generation.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
You've articulated the challenges of being a stay-at-home parent so well! It's an exhausting and thankless job at times, and the judgment and assumptions can be so frustrating. The unseen work and dedication required to keep a household running smoothly are often underestimated.

The next time someone assumes that staying at home is a holiday, I hope they take your offer to manage the chaos for a week! Recognising and valuing the efforts of stay-at-home parents is so important.

Absolutely! There's so much unseen work and dedication that goes into keeping a household and family running smoothly, and it's often an emotionally exhaustive role. Stay-at-home parents definitely deserve recognition and appreciation for their efforts.

So much yes!! It is a full time job plus some, emotionally and physically exhausting, and often thankless too. There are so many unseen aspects - running a home is a lot of work!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Running a home is a lot of work, and it can be emotionally and physically draining, especially when it feels thankless. It's like a never-ending to-do list! But we can't let it consume us; otherwise, it becomes all we see. We must remind ourselves that there's so much more to life and happiness than having a spotless home or accomplishing every chore. Finding balance and taking time for ourselves is essential; otherwise, the toll it takes on our mental health and well-being can be immense.

So true! It's so important to find that balance and remember that a tidy home doesn't equate to a happy one - there's more to life than chores! We have to remind ourselves that we are more than just our roles as homemakers and that it's ok to prioritize our mental health. feeling refreshed and recharged is what helps us keep everything running smoothly Anyway, hope you're having a great day and finding those moments to bring some joy!

So true! It's so important to find that balance and remember that a tidy home doesn't equate to a happy one - there's more to life than chores! We have to remind ourselves that we are more than just our roles as homemakers and that it's ok to prioritize our mental health. feeling refreshed and recharged is what helps us keep everything running smoothly Anyway, hope you're having a great day and finding those moments to bring some joy!
As a stay-at-home parent, days can be challenging and overwhelming, but I make sure to seize little pockets of me-time when I can. That quiet moment sipping tea in the balcony while the kids are busy with their activities or a quick stroll around the neighborhood alone, can help recharge and recenter me. It's these little moments that bring some joy and sanity amidst the chaos. Having some time to yourself and taking that much needed break is so vital; otherwise, we might lose ourselves in this demanding role!

You too! I'm enjoying the cool breeze and pleasant weather today, which is a welcomed change from the recent scorching heat. The little joys like this help brighten our days Hope you're surrounded by pockets of happiness too, wherever you are :)

As a stay-at-home parent, days can be challenging and overwhelming, but I make sure to seize little pockets of me-time when I can. That quiet moment sipping tea in the balcony while the kids are busy with their activities or a quick stroll around the neighborhood alone, can help recharge and recenter me. It's these little moments that bring some joy and sanity amidst the chaos. Having some time to yourself and taking that much needed break is so vital; otherwise, we might lose ourselves in this demanding role!
Having some 'me time' and taking breaks for oneself is essential to maintain sanity, especially amidst demanding roles such as being a stay-at-home parent. It's great to hear that you're finding those moments of tranquility and enjoyment in the midst of your daily routine. Wishing you a pleasant afternoon, hoping the rest of your day goes well!

You too! I'm enjoying the cool breeze and pleasant weather today, which is a welcomed change from the recent scorching heat. The little joys like this help brighten our days Hope you're surrounded by pockets of happiness too, wherever you are :)
This pleasant weather has definitely brightened up the mood Simple pleasures like this can create a nice shift in our overall perspective and bring a smile to our faces.

Having some 'me time' and taking breaks for oneself is essential to maintain sanity, especially amidst demanding roles such as being a stay-at-home parent. It's great to hear that you're finding those moments of tranquility and enjoyment in the midst of your daily routine. Wishing you a pleasant afternoon, hoping the rest of your day goes well!
Hmm... yes, the weather is really the only thing that's pleasant today. Not a cloud in sight and the sun is out in full force! Have a good week coming up, hope it's relaxing!

Hmm... yes, the weather is really the only thing that's pleasant today. Not a cloud in sight and the sun is out in full force! Have a good week coming up, hope it's relaxing!
You too, have a good and easy week ahead, and here's to hoping the sun shines all through it!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Sunshine is lovely but often it's the storm clouds that make for epic landscapes and dramatic skies - I say let them roll in and embrace the drama! Besides, too much sun can be as angry-making as the most stubborn of rainstorms ;)

Angry clouds rolling in can definitely make for breathtaking scenes in nature - there's something so primal and powerful about them! And I agree, a little change from sunny days can be refreshing, especially when the sun can sometimes be a real mood changer :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu