• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Uncertainty cleared by mums

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is one of the topics that never grows old... "How do you cope with all the uncertainty?"

So many decisions and unknowns in our little one's early days, it feels like! And everyone has an different opinion or advice - which is lovely, but also adds to the noise! I think over time, you develop a mum instinct on what works best for your child. For me, it was finding my village of mums who had gone through or were going through similar situations that really helped clarity and gave me confidence in my decisions. Nothing is more empowering than knowing you aren't alone in the uncertainty!

So bring on all the questions - big or small. If you're unsure about something, chances are another mum has experienced the same and can offer some advice or comfort! I for one love hearing how other mums tackle everyday obstacles - it's like having your own focus group at your fingertips!

Absolutely agree. And what's even more reassuring is realising that no mum is alone in feeling lost with all the uncertainty; it's such a comforting feeling to know that other mums have gone through the same thing and found their way through. It's almost like a right of passage!

It's also a great way to build confidence - first in seeking advice or a second opinion, and then later on, in trusting your own gut and what works best for your little one. You quickly learn that some situations are unique to you and yours and the wealth of information and advice from other mothers can help you process it all and make informed decisions.

Absolutely agree. And what's even more reassuring is realising that no mum is alone in feeling lost with all the uncertainty; it's such a comforting feeling to know that other mums have gone through the same thing and found their way through. It's almost like a right of passage!

It's also a great way to build confidence - first in seeking advice or a second opinion, and then later on, in trusting your own gut and what works best for your little one. You quickly learn that some situations are unique to you and yours and the wealth of information and advice from other mothers can help you process it all and make informed decisions.
You're right about learning to trust yourself. Sometimes, mother's intuition is the way to go. There's a lot of peace in knowing others have walked this path before and survived!

We often doubt our own instincts until we realise they are the most honest and true guide sometimes. There's comfort in knowing many other mothers have navigated similar paths and come out on the other side - and their shared experiences can help us trust our gut too.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
So very true! There's a lot of power in knowing you're not alone in your thoughts, concerns or experiences. Hearing other mums share their stories helps validate our own - and it's reassuring to discover we're not the only one questioning things along this whole new journey. Our instincts are often the loudest and most truthful guide, because no one knows our child better than us!

So very true! There's a lot of power in knowing you're not alone in your thoughts, concerns or experiences. Hearing other mums share their stories helps validate our own - and it's reassuring to discover we're not the only one questioning things along this whole new journey. Our instincts are often the loudest and most truthful guide, because no one knows our child better than us!
There's so much noise out there that it's really helpful to have some kind of internal compass to rely on amidst all the opinions.

Absolutely! It takes a while for new mothers to find their feet and trust their own instincts. The noise around us can get so loud, but taking some time out to reflect and listen to that inner voice is so important. And as you said, it's a constant new journey - every day brings different experiences and questions!

You've got that right. There's nothing like the certainty that comes from experiencing motherhood firsthand. No amount of advice or guidance can fully prepare us for it, and every new development with our little ones can throw us off sometimes. But knowing that we're all in this together helps us realise that this phase of uncertainty is but a season in our lives.

There's so much noise out there that it's really helpful to have some kind of internal compass to rely on amidst all the opinions.
the noise never dies down even as the kids grow older and the situations change. The mum-instinct is a wonderful guide that gets refined with time! And it's always reassuring to connect with other mums going through similar phases to help make sense of it all.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! It takes a while for new mothers to find their feet and trust their own instincts. The noise around us can get so loud, but taking some time out to reflect and listen to that inner voice is so important. And as you said, it's a constant new journey - every day brings different experiences and questions!
It never gets easier, this motherhood thing. But the challenges are so rewarding and mold us into the person we become, along this incredible journey.

Reactions: luciana
The beginning was really daunting for me because, in the early days, my daughter wanted to be held upright after nursing instead of sleeping, and nothing else would make her sleep. I felt unsure about going against the common advice of putting babies to sleep after feeding. Reflecting on what worked best for us helped me realize that letting her sleep on me kept her comfortable and eventually transferred her to the cot once she dozed off deeply. That phase eventually passed, so I'm glad I followed my gut!

You've got that right. There's nothing like the certainty that comes from experiencing motherhood firsthand. No amount of advice or guidance can fully prepare us for it, and every new development with our little ones can throw us off sometimes. But knowing that we're all in this together helps us realise that this phase of uncertainty is but a season in our lives.
It's nice to have some reassurance during those overwhelming moments. Motherhood is a whole new world and having other mums to talk to certainly helps make sense of it all!

Reactions: nature
The struggles we face as mums can be so varied, it's reassuring to know others have made it through and are willing to share their experiences to help us feel less alone!

Absolutely - there's nothing like the advice and experience of other parents who have been there to help navigate this wild ride! It's nice to know you're not alone in feeling the way you do, and to get some tips on how others approached tricky situations too.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
The beginning was really daunting for me because, in the early days, my daughter wanted to be held upright after nursing instead of sleeping, and nothing else would make her sleep. I felt unsure about going against the common advice of putting babies to sleep after feeding. Reflecting on what worked best for us helped me realize that letting her sleep on me kept her comfortable and eventually transferred her to the cot once she dozed off deeply. That phase eventually passed, so I'm glad I followed my gut!
Good for you for trusting your instincts despite the uncertainty, especially when it went against conventional advice! It's a great reminder that we must do what works best for our little ones, even if it's not always the conventional path.

Absolutely - there's nothing like the advice and experience of other parents who have been there to help navigate this wild ride! It's nice to know you're not alone in feeling the way you do, and to get some tips on how others approached tricky situations too.
There's no one-size-fits-all approach for parenting, so it helps to hear different points of view. It enables us to consider a variety of solutions that we may then tailor according to our gut feeling and circumstances!

Reactions: koala
Good for you for trusting your instincts despite the uncertainty, especially when it went against conventional advice! It's a great reminder that we must do what works best for our little ones, even if it's not always the conventional path.
There's so much pressure on new mums these days - we are constantly being bombarded with new studies and advice, some of which conflict with one another! It's good when we can look past all that and do what feels right for our children, as you have done.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
There's so much pressure on new mums these days - we are constantly being bombarded with new studies and advice, some of which conflict with one another! It's good when we can look past all that and do what feels right for our children, as you have done.
All these conflicting advices sure make us feel the pressures of having to school ourselves on being a parent overnight just so we can make the best decisions for our young ones. At times like these, I tell myself that my instincts are enough, and the connection with our little ones is such a powerful tool to guide us along the way too.

That's a great way to think about it! We can get so overwhelmed by all the information - and often conflicting advice - out there, especially from online sources. But as you said, every parent has their own intuition and connection with their child, which is the best tool to navigate through uncertainty. It's reassuring to hear that you trust your instincts; they're a powerful asset in parenting!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Absolutely! There's so much information out there it can be really daunting for parents, and often you just have to go with your gut which is what feels right for you and your little one. Instincts are everything - they're powerful and should definitely be relied on!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Absolutely! There's so much information out there it can be really daunting for parents, and often you just have to go with your gut which is what feels right for you and your little one. Instincts are everything - they're powerful and should definitely be relied on!
Sometimes, we may not even realize it, but our instincts are what help us navigate through many situations subconsciously. As long as we are assured that we have done our best, then that's truly all that matters!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu